User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My goal is to get more upper body strength, and increase my stamina.

The plan:
    - 2x a week keep up with the cardio. Hopefully I'll find more time for this.
    - 2x a week hit the gym for at least an hour of circuit training on weights
    - 2x a week engage in my workout DVD
    - 2x a week spend at least 30 minutes stretching after a workout.

So two of those activities, paired together, four days a week, for a total of an hour and some change a day. While the workouts themselves will get challenging... :c the real challenge for me will be to keep up with it. We'll see how I do. I'm aiming for Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings or mornings.

Good luck everyone!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

@kyuuei: What about operation Laura Croft? Is that still on?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Okay.. I'm in for pics, I'll take some soon, maybe this weekend. As for the Healthy Eating Challenge.. well, the idea gives me mental anguish. I can do exercise, or I can tightly control my food intake.. but I don't know if I can do both. I suppose I may as well give it a go, I'm just going to maybe set some reasonable goals.

I'll do it. I need to think of some interesting goals though. I think it'd probably be interesting if it was ab related and I needed to post pics.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I'll give this a try. We'll see how long I last during Ren Fest season, but I can try!

Here are my goals:

-Weight training at the gym 2x/week
    -At least 30 minutes of cardio 3x/week (usually two of those times will be on gym days)
    -Walk 3 miles a week (this is kind of a cop-out, because I easily walk 3 miles a weekend at Fest )
    -Track my nutrition (using Calorie Count) at least 5 days/week.

EDIT: When do we start officially? I also enrolled in my work's Wellness Program and I get a pedometer to track my steps from them. Might change my mile goal to a step goal based on that.... or might increase it to 5 miles.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    @kyuuei: What about operation Laura Croft? Is that still on?
    Sadly I never got to attend the con for cosplay via my grandmother's funeral.. so I sort of pushed it on the wayside. But I figure, why cosplay? I could just get closer for the hell of it.
    Plus, the anxiety I always get when I feel it is time to cut my hair makes me think immediately afterwards " what have I done..." and I think mainly this is because I just.. don't feel like her when my hair is short. Hopefully, this routine will boost my confidence again. With better upper arms and core, I think I could step up to the plate of that challenge again.

My healthy eating challenge: Make healither choices in general.. while this isn't very strict, I think it's strict enough considering how scheduled the exercise is you can only ask a P to do so much!

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'll do it. I need to think of some interesting goals though. I think it'd probably be interesting if it was ab related and I needed to post pics.
    In my totally unbias opinion, this is the best thing you have ever posted ever.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Okay everyone, I'm going to THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET. It's so serious that the seriousness can only be conveyed in ALL CAPS. That's SERIOUS. Seriously.

I'm going to take before pictures.
    At the end of six months, I'm going to take after pictures.

I will post these before and after pictures in the lounge no matter what. Even if I gain 5 pounds, I will be obligated to post the before and after pictures. Every time I feel like slacking too much, I will remember this challenge and use it to stay on track.

Is there anyone else that is a bad enough dude to save the president join me?
    I'll do it! It'll really motivate me. I mean, if you guys have to see me in spandex or somesuch at the end of 6 months, I'd better look enviable

Now, I just need to figure out what to do. I want a pretty strict plan, but the problem is figuring out the plan.

I will definitely be making my diet a little more strict, even though it is pretty strict now.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8

Is there anyone else that is a bad enough dude to save the president join me?
    I will do so, aye. (Just for the record, I will be participating but obviously not in the contest itself.)

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Also, I have a question. Would this be a good thread to post diet and meal ideas and suggestions? It would, right?

Cuz I was thinking of posting some of the low carb meals I eat when I want to lose weight, that work for me. And it isn't easy for me to lose weight, so if it works for me, it will probably work for almost anyone....
    Last time we threw diet ideas in with the challenge as well, and it worked out well. The down side was that it makes for a horrible reference thread if you want to go back and find recipes, especially as the thread hits 1,000+ posts. A dedicated thread *might* be better for recipes because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Hm yea was definitely thinking of a food-related thread. I know there was one that circulated previously, but it wasn't a challenge, and I'm not sure if the tracking aspect was even intentional.
    Maybe something along the same vein in a secondary thread would be good? Personalized goals and all .
    Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Hm, good point. I vote for a separate Healthy Eating thread, and I vote that we link the two threads to each other in the opening post of each, so that makes it easy to find one when you're in the other.

That is, if @Zoom would be obliged to edit the link to the Healthy Eating thread into the OP of this thread, once the Healthy Eating thread is created?
    BAM.

...and...

Big badda BOOM.

From this point forward please forward any and all discussions, suggestions, recipes, or cruel teasing photos of awesometastic tasty food to the new thread linked above (just click "BAM.")

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Okay.. I'm in for pics, I'll take some soon, maybe this weekend. As for the Healthy Eating Challenge.. well, the idea gives me mental anguish. I can do exercise, or I can tightly control my food intake.. but I don't know if I can do both. I suppose I may as well give it a go, I'm just going to maybe set some reasonable goals.
    I would agree ye have the right idea, Qlip. More akin to a hardcore goal in one arena, or moderate goals in both? (Example: Gradual changes in both areas [food and exercise], or a more extensive set of modifications to eating or exercising?)

@Zoom, what will you do if more than one person makes it to the end?
    Have slightly different prizes given among participants. Same concept, though: online gift cards, so no personal info of any kind has to be exchanged. If another idea presents itself I will definitely consider it.

EDIT: When do we start officially? I also enrolled in my work's Wellness Program and I get a pedometer to track my steps from them. Might change my mile goal to a step goal based on that.... or might increase it to 5 miles.
    August 31st.

I am happy to answer any and all questions, but as an aside to everyone: please do make sure one reads the whole of the OP upon choosing to participate. I will be keeping the OP and whatever future posts are official-ish (the in-process challenge results spreadsheet, for instance) up to date with any relevant/needed information as it pops up, and will make sure to respond to any previously unanswered queries as they arise.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Cool, thanks!

I think it would be a good idea to edit that link into your OP of this thread to make it easy to find, what do you think? (Edit: found it, thanks!)

Could you also please edit a link to this thread into your OP of the other thread? (Edit: found that one too, thanks!)

That would make it easy to cross reference between the two threads....

Thanks!
    Last edited by redcheerio; 08-26-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: found the links, thanks!