User Tag List

First 123451353 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm going to follow this thread, but not enter. I do basic cardio like 5x a week, and this will probably encourage me to be consistent. But mine is primarily centered around weight loss, and I've been told that weight loss is about 80% diet. Maybe we need a healthy eating thread to keep me from eating super high carb meals, Lol. Patches is too tubby.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Hey, that's what I was going to suggest! Before and after pics if you're brave. And if you want to remain anonymous, you could just post before & after pics from the neck down in your workout clothes or something like that.

Also, I have a question. Would this be a good thread to post diet and meal ideas and suggestions? It would, right?

Cuz I was thinking of posting some of the low carb meals I eat when I want to lose weight, that work for me. And it isn't easy for me to lose weight, so if it works for me, it will probably work for almost anyone....

Edit: Haha, I posted this before I saw Patches' post and after seeing Udog's, looks like I caught her brainwaves, too....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Okay everyone, I'm going to THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET. It's so serious that the seriousness can only be conveyed in ALL CAPS. That's SERIOUS. Seriously.

I'm going to take before pictures.
    At the end of six months, I'm going to take after pictures.

I will post these before and after pictures in the lounge no matter what. Even if I gain 5 pounds, I will be obligated to post the before and after pictures. Every time I feel like slacking too much, I will remember this challenge and use it to stay on track.

Is there anyone else that is a bad enough dude to save the president join me?
    Wow, that is serious. I may do it... The big question is.. what are we going to wear in the before pictures? Are we talking spandex?

violaine

I think I'm in too. I have to think up some goals - most likely related to strength and flexibility. I want to be able to do some of the difficult yoga poses that I find impossible to do now. Maybe fiddling around with body proportions as well. And optimizing my diet.

(There will be two weeks in Sept in which I won't be able to do anything but walking though.)

violaine

Okay everyone, I'm going to THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET. It's so serious that the seriousness can only be conveyed in ALL CAPS. That's SERIOUS. Seriously.

I will post these before and after pictures in the lounge no matter what. Even if I gain 5 pounds, I will be obligated to post the before and after pictures. Every time I feel like slacking too much, I will remember this challenge and use it to stay on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Wow, that is serious. I may do it... The big question is.. what are we going to wear in the before pictures? Are we talking spandex?
    Spandex or not lads, just don't forget to pose with the obligatory dated newspaper... And if you are in a library in those pics when it comes time for the big reveal, we'll know you cheated! (I think it could be overlooked if you are in a library in spandex though.)

-----
    I also need a fun goal. It will be that I want to go up or down a hat size, depending on how I'm feeling about whether I want big hair or not.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Okay, I'm in. Let me work out my goals. It's going to be difficult for mwah, as I have to work around my work schedule, and my study schedule (excitement, turns out I might be able to start my course in November, instead of Feb!!!!), but totally in.

U dog,
    If you do pose for before and after, I will too! Not in spandex though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

For those that are curious, the last contest lost 10% of its participants by their 4th week, and 20% by their 9th week. Everyone that made it past the 3rd month went on to participate to the end.

Also, not a single person who listed a goal of 5x a week or greater made it to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Maybe we need a healthy eating thread to keep me from eating super high carb meals, Lol. Patches is too tubby.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Also, I have a question. Would this be a good thread to post diet and meal ideas and suggestions? It would, right?
    Last time we threw diet ideas in with the challenge as well, and it worked out well. The down side was that it makes for a horrible reference thread if you want to go back and find recipes, especially as the thread hits 1,000+ posts. A dedicated thread *might* be better for recipes because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Hey, that's what I was going to suggest! Before and after pics if you're brave. And if you want to remain anonymous, you could just post before & after pics from the neck down in your workout clothes or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Okay, I'm in. Let me work out my goals. It's going to be difficult for mwah, as I have to work around my work schedule, and my study schedule (excitement, turns out I might be able to start my course in November, instead of Feb!!!!), but totally in.

U dog,
    If you do pose for before and after, I will too! Not in spandex though.
    Haha, I wouldn’t dare post pictures of me in spandex. I fear that I would get Haight banned from his hosting service.

Here’s what I’m planning on personally doing:

1. Take 4 pictures before the contest, two from the front and two from a side profile. I plan on wearing shorts and being shirtful in one set, and shirtless in the other. I’ll keep both sets to myself during the contest.

2. Take 4 more pictures at the end, in the same way as before.

3. Look at the pictures and figure out which set I want to share with the forums. That’ll certainly involve how much weight I end up losing and how far removed I am from my horrible, horrible body dismorphia.

I actually have an idea to up the ante even further if anyone is interested. It would involve creating a thread in The Lounge afterward for us to post the before/after pics...

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.. maybe
    I'm going to follow this thread, but not enter. I do basic cardio like 5x a week, and this will probably encourage me to be consistent. But mine is primarily centered around weight loss, and I've been told that weight loss is about 80% diet. Maybe we need a healthy eating thread to keep me from eating super high carb meals, Lol. Patches is too tubby.
    Hm yea was definitely thinking of a food-related thread. I know there was one that circulated previously, but it wasn't a challenge, and I'm not sure if the tracking aspect was even intentional.
    Maybe something along the same vein in a secondary thread would be good? Personalized goals and all .
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Last time we threw diet ideas in with the challenge as well, and it worked out well. The down side was that it makes for a horrible reference thread if you want to go back and find recipes, especially as the thread hits 1,000+ posts. A dedicated thread *might* be better for recipes because of that.
    Hm, good point. I vote for a separate Healthy Eating thread, and I vote that we link the two threads to each other in the opening post of each, so that makes it easy to find one when you're in the other.

That is, if @Zoom would be obliged to edit the link to the Healthy Eating thread into the OP of this thread, once the Healthy Eating thread is created?

MBTI
    GONE

...I've been told that weight loss is about 80% diet.
    What hater told you that????

:sigh:

This is my downfall. Exercise is not hard for me, I enjoy it. But, sticking to a diet. Arrrgh.

Also, not sure if I can post whole body pics up, I think I would die of embarassment. I can make a stick figure approximation though.

Also, I'm gonna do another hydrostratic assessment in about 3 months with my friend who is trying to get cut. So I can post those 'starting' and 'finish' results instead for verifiable stats. :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari