User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Today was wind sprints, 20x100 meters at the track with a class from the gym, followed by mile cooldown.

Awesome for abs, legs, lower back, but it's sneaky. Doesn't feel rough at the time but the next day you're wondering what the hell happened to you.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

70 push-ups last night. Very close.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Anew Leaf

I am actually just about to revamp my exercise and nutition goals for the Fall/Winter so this works pretty good. I should have my stuff hammered out this weekend and I can post what I come up with then.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Been dancing an hour minimum. Learning Argentine tango, so I can dance super sensuously! I'm actually breaking out in a sweat. Also, have practiced a bit of quickstep and west coast swing. And tango.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Saturday 10am CrossFit class

warmup - 1K run, DROM (dynamic range of motion), warming up WOD movements

WOD: 5 rounds for time, each round
    15 deadlifts
    15 toes to bar (holy crap, I can't believe people are capable of this for realz )

For deadlifts, I used 105 lbs
    Instead of toes to bar, I did my best version of knees to elbows, which means getting my knees up as high as I could.
    Finished the 5 rounds in 13:05.

Large class today, finished somewhere in the middle, but that doesn't mean much cuz everyone is working at their own level. Finishing last sometimes means you are the beginner, or it means that you are pushing yourself harder than everyone else by choosing a more difficult version of the workout compared to your fitness level. Some people had much lighter weights than me, some much heavier. Lots of people doing knees to elbows instead of toes to bar, but some doing toes to bar (duuuude).

Toes to bar means you are hanging from a bar with your feet dangling, and you use your stomach muscles + whatever other muscles to pull your feet up to touch the bar you are hanging from, so that you are folded in half, if that makes sense, and then release and dangle again. Each time you do that counts as one toes-to-bar rep. The WOD called for 5 x 15 = 75 reps of these in total.

Oh, and tomorrow we're going away for a few days to celebrate our first anniversary. So it's going to disrupt my regular CrossFit schedule, but I'll be working out doing other stuff while we're away. I might try to fit 3 classes in when we get back anyway, not sure. If I only do 2 CrossFit classes next week but do other workouts while we're away, does this count as a cheat day?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

:3 Remember that time I completed everything? I had to adjust the days a bit to accommodate work, but the goals were definitely met.

This upcoming week:
    Gym. Twice. Or bust.
    Run twice. Stretch properly before it.
    Come up with something fun to do that adds to my upper body strength more. :3 I'll figure this one out somehow.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Just went on another exactly 50 minute walk. Like yesterday. How is this happening?

Ugh, my legs are twitching. I need to sleep.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Wed: 3 mile jog walk (8 min walk 2 min jog every 10 minutes)
    Fri: 3 mile jog walk (same ratio)
    Sat: 2 mile walk on beach.

I won't be doing any exercise Sun.

figsfiggyfigs

I always say how badly I want to join this challenge, and how unfitting it is for my current situation--which is true. Right now, I want to join the challenge so badly, just to beat you lot; unfortunately, I'm moving to Canada in 2 weeks, and the first thing I'll be doing, is attacking the junk-food isles in the good 'ol north-american supermarkets. This desire outweighs my desire to whip you all.

Maybe I'll start eating right, and go out on long walks more often.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I always say how badly I want to join this challenge, and how unfitting it is for my current situation--which is true. Right now, I want to join the challenge so badly, just to beat you lot; unfortunately, I'm moving to Canada in 2 weeks, and the first thing I'll be doing, is attacking the junk-food isles in the good 'ol north-american supermarkets. This desire outweighs my desire to whip you all...
    Well, maybe after you gain 15 pounds...

This challenge isn't really a competition AGAINST each other anyway.
    We're here to encourage each other and help keep each other accountable to our own goals.
    The prize at the end isn't the REAL prize.
    The REAL prize is being in better health, self-respect and self-esteem.

I hope you like Canada. I'm hoping to find a British Canadian myself someday.