• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need to do this....

MY GOAL:

Walk up a flight of stairs without stopping in the middle!

PRACTICE:

ONE step at a time.

V

violaine

I'm sick so I might be down two sessions this week.

Weekly Update:

Got through four walks. I will definitely be down at least two workouts next week as I'm still sick. :/

Last edited:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Monday: Four mile walk
Wednesday: 45 minutes of Zumba

Tomorrow is a 45 minute yoga class

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Today was chest/back. 10 sets, 10 to 1 reps going from 135 lbs to 225 lbs for incline bench and deadlift. Followed up with 50 situps on the ab mat. That thing is hell, the extra extension it forces makes all the difference.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to be on vacation starting tomorrow and lasting until Thursday of next week, and will reduce my exercise requirements to 4x this week and next. So far I've done 3 of my exercises (M jog, Tu tennis, Th walk), so I'm going to aim for 1x this weekend.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I've been leaning on my ESFJ friend a bit for something very similar, in fact. They are *great* for that! If she can keep you honest you can then just post the glorious results here and bask in the green user name.

... of course, if you are one to let yourself get busted by the ESFJ and then lie to us afterward, then I can understand your hesitance. :)

Okay.

[MENTION=93]JivinJeffJones[/MENTION] dobbed me in to my ESFJ best friend. As of next week we're gymming 3 times a week for an hour each time, in between on 'off' days, i will be resuming my yoga at home and will be doing a Bikram class once a week with another girlfriend.

So it looks like i'll be joining you guys after all.

I've gone back to my vegetarian/vegan diet at home as well.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay.

[MENTION=93]JivinJeffJones[/MENTION] dobbed me in to my ESFJ best friend. As of next week we're gymming 3 times a week for an hour each time, in between on 'off' days, i will be resuming my yoga at home and will be doing a Bikram class once a week with another girlfriend.

So it looks like i'll be joining you guys after all.

I've gone back to my vegetarian/vegan diet at home as well.

Excellent! Just make sure [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] notes you down as a participant so you can get that glorious green user name.

And welcome. :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm exhausted just reading what you guys have been doing. :huh:

I didn't realize how powerful group support/shared plan was for losing weight/fitness. I guess that's largely why Weight Watchers works, because of the weekly meetings and face to face accountability.

That's why I am taking fitness classes as opposed of doing the gym solo. Being in a class really pushes me to exert myself because I care too much about peer pressure to just walk out of class and I know everyone really IS looking at me, just the way I'm looking at them. :p

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Heey! We have internet finally!! No time :laugh: but internet, yes!

Just checking in to say the army is definitely kicking my ass into shape. I've been doing my work out DVD here in the barracks whenever I can find the time to, but between road marching with weighted gear daily, long days, short nights, and lanes like IMDs (Individual Movement Drills.. 3-5 second rushes, low crawling, sprinting, etc.) they've definitely been ensuring I'm getting my strength up and in check before this deployment.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't had a chance to do anything formal yet.

I *DID* stay up all night cleaning my whole house on wednesday/thursday, which was some 16 hours of nearly complete activity.

My hands and arms still hurt from scrubbing grout and floors.

I'm on uni holidays as of Monday, so the exercise begins in earnest then.

I’m going to work out an eating plan as well and ease into it, anything too militant and my brain rebels and then suddenly im eating ALL THE THINGS and doing nothing.

Just to show my brain that I’m still boss.

Don’t ask me how this works. It just does.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I accomplished my goal for the week.

4 minute warm up; standing leg work: squats, lunges, calf raises, anterior tibialis; Floor work: outer thighs, inner thighs, arm and leg lifts, buttocks, abdominals - reverse curl, obliques, Kegels; Upper body: Chest Press - 8 lbs., rear delts/lats - one hand row, lateral raise, external rotation, bicep curls - 8 lbs, triceps - 5 lbs; stretching.

I am getting laid off from my job in 2 weeks, so I will have more time and energy to devote to exercise.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
... anything too militant and my brain rebels and then suddenly im eating ALL THE THINGS and doing nothing.

Just to show my brain that I’m still boss.

Don’t ask me how this works. It just does.

You don't have to explain, cuz I'm the same way. :/ :laugh:

It also happens when I try to be too regimented with anything in my life.

Te Exhaustion/ Too Much Te in our lives?? :ack!: :9436:

[/off topic]

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Weekly Summary for Mon 9/12 - Sun 9/18:

Mon 9/12
ran up and down 1000 stair steps

Tues 9/13
WOD:
15 min time limit
every min on the minute - 5 ring dips
after the ring dips, double unders
max 500 double unders

I used the medium band for my ring dips, with my knee in the band for most of it, but then switched to my foot in the band near the end when I was struggling with fatigue. I got to a total of 314 double unders and of course, 5 x 15 = 75 ring dips.

^ I pulled something in my neck and shoulders during that workout, so didn't do another CrossFit workout until Sat morning. Not sure if I need to use a cheat day for that?

Sat 9/17

WOD:
Three rounds, total 17 min (18 min if you count the last rest).
Each round 5 min + 1 min rest, 1 min per exercise (5 exercises).
Max #repetitions for each exercise within time constraints, final score = total # reps. For rowing, count #calories burned.
Weights should be fairly light, use same weight for sumo deadlift as for push-press (most people are way stronger with deadlifts than with push-press, so this makes deadlift weight very light), aim for high # reps.

wall ball (I used 8 lb ball)
sumo deadlift high-pull (35 lb)
box jump (20" box)
push-press (35 lb)
row

Total reps = 238.

Sun 9/18

Basic easy home workout:

5 rounds total, each round:

15 push-ups from knees, focus on proper form (total 75)
20 "back-ups" (back exercise on floor) (total 100)
20 sit-ups (total 100)
10 chair dips (total 50)
Completed in 9:14.

I haven't done this in a few weeks, and have decided to start doing this more regularly again so I can start seeing progress again. I'm really frustrated with my push-ups and need to work on them. My form has gone to sh*.

I also did some wall squats, and something I call stair lifts, an exercise to build my calf muscles. On the upside, I did notice significant improvement in my squat flexibility, yay. Also, now that I've learned the "pose" running technique, which requires more shin muscle than I'm used to, I lean forward a bit when I do my stair lifts in order to also build my shin muscles a bit more.

Edit: + long walk on the beach, ~45 min to an hour

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have Juuust enough time to write something more comprehensive. So, without violating OPSEC, some of the training I've been doing:

Diet: I eat anything dead or seriously slowed down right now. :laugh:
Breakfast: Standard army breakfast meal. Cooked powdered eggs, sausage patties or turkey bacon, banana, jalapenos and salsa for flavoring, two cups of milk and a carnation Instant Breakfast packet divided up between the two of them for vitamins.
Lunch: I snack throughout the day on 1 pop tart, a tuna salad lunch kit, a granola bar, some dried-fruit and nut mix, a couple prunes individually wrapped, a gatorade, and an apple sauce packet.
Dinner: Standard army dinner. One meat and usually potatoes to accompany it, potato salad and other sides like that, and maybe dessert with more milk.

I haven't been consuming as many vegetables as Ive been meaning to >.> So maybe I'll start correcting that at dinner.

Gear I'm wearing whenever I do my training lanes:
Protective Vest with huge bullet-proof plates.
My weapon, as well as the attached grenade launcher.
A helmet that isn't bulletproof, but is heavy enough to be.
Long sleeve uniform and boots.
Camel back water source and an assault pack backpack full of lunch and extra protective gear (gloves, etc.)

Sort of work I've been doing:
- Walking everywhere I go. I walk close to 5-7 miles a day, give or take.
- Road marching. When we leave to training, I have to keep up with people way taller than I am.. so I'm usually half-lunging everywhere then. :laugh:
- Whatever training they have for us. Some days it is physical stuff that tires us out, sometimes its classroom stuff.

so far, I can tell I haven't lost any weight here, which is a GOOD thing, but I'm still nervous I'll drop weight by the time I leave. I'll spend the month of October working on strength training while maintaining weight, going back to my more civilian goals.. I'll get it right eventually.

I'd like to score a 300 on this next PT test. It isn't hard for my age bracket, so I'm going to really try for it.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Going to have to use a cheat day for this weekend. I just stayed home with my windows open and my pants off.

I regret nothing.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Going to have to use a cheat day for this weekend. I just stayed home with my windows open and my pants off.

I regret nothing.
teehee.gif