User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have a strength training workout planned out. I'm just going to adjust the reps and sets.

Just to note, I am going to be gone for sept. 9-29th. I SHOULD have internet access, according to the army, but <3 that army and it's intel--they can pinpoint bad guys in an instant, but they can't tell if there's going to be internet on their own base.

If there is no internet, I may just call someone to post in here for me, but my work out schedule will be pretty brutal during my training: PT in the mornings with the army (usually ground-work, sprints, running, etc.), training involving wearing gear in the hot sun all day, and if they have a gym facility I'll probably attend it with my buddy who's constantly working out. So be assured I'll be working on my goals in a different way there :3
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I have a strength training workout planned out. I'm just going to adjust the reps and sets.

Just to note, I am going to be gone for sept. 9-29th. I SHOULD have internet access, according to the army, but <3 that army and it's intel--they can pinpoint bad guys in an instant, but they can't tell if there's going to be internet on their own base.

If there is no internet, I may just call someone to post in here for me, but my work out schedule will be pretty brutal during my training: PT in the mornings with the army (usually ground-work, sprints, running, etc.), training involving wearing gear in the hot sun all day, and if they have a gym facility I'll probably attend it with my buddy who's constantly working out. So be assured I'll be working on my goals in a different way there :3
    You give great advice, but you sound like you could flip me over and eat me for breakfast.

Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You give great advice, but you sound like you could flip me over and eat me for breakfast.

Don't sell yourself short, please.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh, fuck it. I might as well join officially. Low goals, but my focus is on diet rather than exercise. But it's still nice to have motivation to keep it up. I do about 45 minutes of cardio at the gym 3-4 times a week. I guess set the official number at 3 times per week.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

My close-to-home CrossFit gym is finally starting a morning class - 6 am tomorrow is the first one!!

I'm excited but nervous cuz I'm a night owl and not used to getting up that early....

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've officially started to train in my Five Fingers. Today I did 3 miles, splitting every 10 minutes into an 8 minute walk and 2 minute jog. It took me about 46 or so minutes to do the entire thing.

@redcheerio: I have the same problem, but I never regret going first thing in the morning. (When I can force myself to do it.) It's a GREAT way to frame the rest of your day.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I am definitely not a morning workout person, I tried that and just can't do it, and to those that can I think it's amazing. No energy, even after eating, and the first thing I want to do after my workouts is usually just be useless somewhere because that's all I'm capable of doing. I go right after work because a) I'm all antsy from desk jockeying all day and need to move; and b) I'm usually pissed off, and lifting heavy things is usually a good outlet.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I've officially started to train in my Five Fingers. Today I did 3 miles, splitting every 10 minutes into an 8 minute walk and 2 minute jog. It took me about 46 or so minutes to do the entire thing.

@redcheerio: I have the same problem, but I never regret going first thing in the morning. (When I can force myself to do it.) It's a GREAT way to frame the rest of your day.
    Congrats! I agree. I'm not a morning person at all, but have been in the habit of working out in the mornings on and off over some years now. It took a LOT of self discipline to get started the first time, but I did it because when I first started, it was the only time that worked with my schedule, and I was training for track & field. I get everything ready to go the night before so that all I have to do is roll out of bed, get dressed, and go. I wake up as I work out. It wakes me up and I feel great for the rest of the day.

I used to be stronger and faster at night, but I never feel like going at the end of the day, so I don't know if that's even true anymore. I just know that I'm more likely to stick with it if I go in the morning because it's just the first thing I do in the morning, there's no thought or choice involved. I just get up and go.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I am definitely not a morning workout person, I tried that and just can't do it, and to those that can I think it's amazing. No energy, even after eating, and the first thing I want to do after my workouts is usually just be useless somewhere because that's all I'm capable of doing. I go right after work because a) I'm all antsy from desk jockeying all day and need to move; and b) I'm usually pissed off, and lifting heavy things is usually a good outlet.
    In that case, it's probably best for you to go after work anyway. Kudos to you for going then! I'm much more likely to duck out if I go after work cuz by then I just want to go home and relax.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, please.
    Haha, just an observation.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Okay, for those that think that taking before / after pictures will provide incentive, here's a thread for you to sign up for:

Before / After Picture Challenge

The main thing is that at the end, someone will request for you to post your before and after pictures, so you better work hard to make them count!