• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Any other Enneagram type Nines out there?

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Nine with a fairly strong One wing.

I thought it'd be nice to talk to other Nines and swap thoughts on what it means to be of the Nineish persuasion.:party2:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
9 here... two wings as far as I can tell.. possibly more 9w8 though.. definitely a strong 6 influence from what I've read.

So anyhow... what's up?

wolfy

awsm
Some of the enneagram stuff goes a little too far but..
Nines narcoticization and laziness rang true. I ended up leisurely on the oldhams test too. Pretty easy going. :thumbup:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I'm a 9 with a power-hungry 8 wing. It's fun. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
So... errm... what are we all doing here then? Something need negotiating?

Btw mlittrel, you know that 9w3 isn't really proper to the theory right?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a 9, not sure about the wings.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a brief description of type Nine:

TYPE NINE: THE MEDIATOR

Nines need to avoid conflict and tension. They want to preserve harmony with others (or at least with key others) and to keep peace whatever the cost. They are often suite capable of ignoring anything which might disturb this essential harmony. They also prefer things to remain stable, and they resist change or disruption.

Possible Origins: Nines felt overlooked as children and as a consequence formed the habit of discounting their own essential needs. They describe family situations that range from neglect to being overshadowed by siblings to being ignored or attacked when they stood up for their own ideas. What is common to all of these childhood prototypes is the sense of not being listened to when an opinion was put forward and realizing that showing anger directly did not get their opinion heard.

Flawed Nines: Nines tend to ignore a problem rather than risk disturbing what they perceive as a stable situation. They often do harm to others and to themselves by refusing to deal with problems. They may also be passive, even lazy and overly dependent on external stimuli. Or they may procrastinate or stick to routine so as to avoid conflict and vitality. As managers, they tend to play a custodial or stand-pat role.

Well-Adapted Nines are those who have achieved a strong sense of themselves as individuals. They become masters of their fate and develop an active orientation to life. They remain peaceful individuals but do not turn away from problems. They are the most trusting of all the types and the most trusted. Their love of harmony makes them ideal mediators.

As managers, they are good at preserving what is best about an organization. They are stable individuals who have a calming influence--an asset in times of change and disruption. They are highly interested in putting back together what gets rent asunder in their organization. They restore the equilibrium. In playing this role, they shed their relative passivity and learn to take the initiative and to take stands. They gain confidence in their ability to contribute, but they rarely become arrogant.

Occupations: Nines, because of their excellent mediating skills, make good arbitrators and counselors. In groups they play an important part of harmonizes, bringing peace and calm. As managers, they keep the bureaucracy functioning--jobs that depend on routine, protocol, and recognized procedures. They also are good a playing integrator roles, as between functions or divisions or locations.

Finding Oneself:
Nines probably will agree with most of the following statements:

I often have difficulty in saying "no."
Most things in life aren't worth getting upset about.
I find that I often dip in and out of conversations, thinking of several things at once.
The most important things to be done are left to the end of the day.
While there are some differences, I feel most people are pretty much the same.
I hate to waste energy. I look for energy-saving approaches to things.
I become very stubborn when I feel pushed by others.
I can be a dispassionate arbiter because one side is as good as the other.
I'm really sensitive about having my efforts overlooked, criticized, discounted.
I tend to play things down to get other people settled down.

I like to think of myself as a well-adapted Nine as I have developed a fairly proactive approach to life, however I'm still prone to procrastination when I'm tired or stressed.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
This site is good for the finer points of being a nine, imho.

Oh and procrastination... no idea what you're on about :whistling:

V

violaine

I've always tested 4w5 but my mom was a 9, so I feel like I have some of those elements present as well.

I love being around a healthy 9, I love their calm strength... there is a lot to be learned from the ways of a healthy 9.

redacted

Yeah I'm a 9w1 in the traditional system, and a 9>5>2 in the reworked system in my signature...

Being a 9 is so annoying. I wish I was a 7.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I'm a 9w1 in the traditional system, and a 9>5>2 in the reworked system in my signature...

Being a 9 is so annoying. I wish I was a 7.

Sevens do seem to have all the fun! However, I would not want to be one as they are often driven by strong fears and anxieties. I prefer to remain calm and don't do anxiety any more!

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I might be a 9w1 but I identify with 4 and 5 too. I'm probably a 9 because I can't choose haha. Ack, I'm not a very 'healthy' 9 though.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems that people very often wish to be 7s. You have to remember that while 7s are painted as the happy-go-lucky types, they have just as many hurdles to overcome if they want to avoid misery. :yes:

I never wish to be another type. I know they all have strengths and weaknesses, joys and sorrows, and I figure that if I became another type, it would alter my point of view to such a degree that I'd probably lose sigth of what I had previously wanted, and I'd end up wishing myself to be yet another type.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I might be a 9w1 but I identify with 4 and 5 too. I'm probably a 9 because I can't choose haha. Ack, I'm not a very 'healthy' 9 though.

How do you know?