First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    Yeah, I don`t see your One-wing.Whereīs your oneish side? Is it hiding?
    Introvert.. somethings are for private viewing... gerrof me net curtain!!

(honestly.. no idea. not sure of the parameters.... need input)
    Maybe but thereīs just one right way to do things. Ones are quite happy to clear things up for you.
    Fortunately the right way to do things conincides nicely with my way. Capisce?
    (raised by ENTJ + ISFJ, my is the right and justified way)
    Do you see some resemblance between you and 9w8s like Balu, Obelix, or Kung fu Panda?
    Happy when eating?

You been talking to the missus? It's winter insulation k. It's NOT fat!!
    Ah, you want to be enchained.
    Second date maybe.. you're jumping the gun...
    Now, why should I do this? Actually I was hoping for a some tea and cookies.
    Cookie fight?

It just ain't proper fun less it's either sharp or boisterous (just don't get them mixed up... it's really not wise).
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Introvert.. somethings are for private viewing... gerrof me net curtain!!

(honestly.. no idea. not sure of the parameters.... need input)
    You were the one who said he had two wings. It would be easier to give you some input if I know why you think that you have a One-wing. Eights are very direct, they let their anger flow freely, whereas Ones suppress their anger. The wings color the main type and therefore 9w8s are openly aggressive if they are angry and 9w1s are passive-aggressive.

Fortunately the right way to do things conincides nicely with my way. Capisce?
    (raised by ENTJ + ISFJ, my is the right and justified way)
    Thatīs really very fortunate for a lazy Nine.

Happy when eating?

You been talking to the missus? It's winter insulation k. It's NOT fat!!

Second date maybe.. you're jumping the gun...
    Now, I donīt know what you were thinking of. I donīt even have a gun.

Cookie fight?
    Iīm afraid the cookies will win. Maybe you can scare them if you activate your eight-wing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

You were the one who said he had two wings. It would be easier to give you some input if I know why you think that you have a One-wing. Eights are very direct, they let their anger flow freely, whereas Ones suppress their anger. The wings color the main type and therefore 9w8s are openly aggressive if they are angry and 9w1s are passive-aggressive.
    I do both. I express only when necessary or extremely frustrated. I am an INTP too and hence dislike making a show of myself.

Perhaps it's the whole 9 identifying with all the types coming through?
    Thatīs really very fortunate for a lazy Nine.
    Sez you...

Iīm afraid the cookies will win. Maybe you can scare them if you activate your eight-wing.
    ...or just apply liberal amounts of caffeine, guarana and vodka... bound to cause something interesting..

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I do both. I express only when necessary or extremely frustrated. I am an INTP too and hence dislike making a show of myself.
    The operative word of my sentence was if. The wings color the main type, but a Nine will still be a Nine and will try to avoid confrontations and conflicts. Iīve never met a 9w8 who wasnīt overall easy-going and most prefer to leave an unpleasant situation if itīs possible. In my view 9w1s and 9w8s are different in some ways. For example, 9w1s donīt like it if other people express their anger directly, 9w8s donīt like it if other people are criticising (in a nit-picking way).

Canīt remember meeting an INTP Nine before. Thatīs certainly not an uninteresting combination.

Perhaps it's the whole 9 identifying with all the types coming through?
    Maybe. Normally, itīs a good idea to find out with whom of your supposed wing types you can identify more. But with 9s itīs a bit difficult. Though I know a female 9w1 who has a distaste for all Eights, but feels some kinship with 1w9s.

...or just apply liberal amounts of caffeine, guarana and vodka... bound to cause something interesting..
    Playing with drunken cookies. I see, you have some weird kind of mind.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I know what you mean! I find it helps to remember to stay grounded, as Nines have a lot of inertial energy. This energy often originates deep in the belly. With a little practice, you can place your focus of attention there - at a spot just below the navel in the centre of the body. If you do this when you're in Peacemaker mode, it stops you from getting lost and allows you to set the direction for others, instead of the other way around!

Thanks, that's interesting. I've been trying deep breathing, focusing on breathing towards the diaphragm, so I think that's a similar concentration area.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Im a +10, 8th wing and -12 9th wing, thats close right ?

This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I believe I am a 9w5, but I'm just using an online test's evaluation. I'm not even sure what that all means exactly. Enneagram hasn't sparked my interest enough to learn it.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ArbiterDewey View Post
    I believe I am a 9w5, but I'm just using an online test's evaluation. I'm not even sure what that all means exactly. Enneagram hasn't sparked my interest enough to learn it.
    In standard Enneagram theory, you can only have a wing of a type that is adjacent to your main type on the outer circle of the enneagram diagram. So that means you can only have a one-wing or an eight-wing if your basic type is Nine.

If you scored 9w5 on an online test, that probably means you are actually 9 with a 1 wing, like myself. Ones and Fives have some similar traits, such as a focus on competency and an analytical nature. We typically spend a lot of time in our heads thinking and speculating. 9w8 is a more instinctual sub-type. Here is a brief description of the two possible sub-types of Nine:

Nine With an 8 Wing
    Awakened Nines with an 8 wing have a modest, steady, receptive core. They are charged by the dynamism of 8 - when focused on goals they often have great force of will. Get things done, make good leaders. May have an animal magnetism of which they are only partly aware. Can seem highly centered, take what they do seriously but remain unimpressed with themselves. 8 wing can bring a strong internal sense of direction. Relatively fearless and highly intuitive. Generally not intellectual unless they have it in their background. When more entranced, they manifest the contradictions of the two styles expressing them in sequence. Could be passively amiable like a Nine and then turn horribly blunt like an 8. One moment they are opinionated or nasty, next moment kindly and supportive. Often don't hear their voices when angry. Can have a sharp, grating edge. May be slow to anger and then explode. Or angry but don't know it; may confuse being assertive with being rude. Placidly callous - both styles support numbness. Tactless and indiscriminate and indiscreet. May be unwittingly disloyal, spilling everyone's secrets. Sexual confusion, sometimes they are driven by lust.

Nine With a 1 Wing
    Tend to have been "model children." Instinctively worked to please their parents by being virtuous, orderly, and little trouble. When awakened, they have great moral authority plus good-hearted peacemaking tendencies. Often have a sense of mission, public or private, that involves working hard for the welfare of everyone they are committed to. Principled expression of love. Desire to contribute, do little harm. May be well-liked, modest, endearing, gentle yet firm. Some have great grace and composure with bursts of spontaneity and sweetness. Elegant simplicity. When entranced, they tend to be self-neglectful. May go passively dead and operate from a dubious, fractured morality. Dutiful to what they shouldn't be. Play the good child, disappear into contexts, settle for being overlooked or just partly recognized. Passive tolerance of absurd or damaging situations. One-sided relationships where the Nine gives too much. Rationalize, minimize, tell themselves they had a great childhood, everything's fine. Placid numbness creeps over them. Intolerance of their own emotions. Gradually deaden their soul.

I hope this helps clarify the system for you. IMHO, it is worth persisting with the Enneagram, since it reveals different aspects of the personailty from the MBTI. In simple terms, the MBTI shows how we habitually orient to inner and outer reality; whilst the Enneagram shines a light on our habitual behaviours and the reasons behind them.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I'm having a real Nineish day today. I didn't sleep very well and today at work I am sluggish and extremely tired. I can't stop yawning and I've nearly fallen asleep several times. My inertia levels are incredibly high - it was an enormous struggle, but I finally managed to get some productive work done.

Do any of you other Nines feel like this from time-to-time?
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I'm having a real Nineish day today. I didn't sleep very well and today at work I am sluggish and extremely tired. I can't stop yawning and I've nearly fallen asleep several times. My inertia levels are incredibly high - it was an enormous struggle, but I finally managed to get some productive work done.

Do any of you other Nines feel like this from time-to-time?

ZzzzzZZZzzz

*snort* Wha?

No... never..

This may explain my fascination with caffeine though...

Oh and personally my remedy is Star Trek. Half an episode and I'm out like a light.