• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Another view on the 8

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
@Anja , thanks

@Xander ok. And thank you too. I really want to get that overall wrong interpretation of 8's from the table :)

If you look for example in the wikipedia Enneagram of Personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, even the first sentence about 8's is wrong.

Eights do not want to be in control. Maybe my english is too bad to get the meaning but too me it just delivers a completly wrong impression of 8's already in the first place.

Btw.:

Ego fixation: vengeance , *rofl*

If I get that dumbass, who wrote this, I am going to show him vengeance xD

I am very much an 8 and my experience is that I do not WANT to be in charge but I am the only one with the energy and initiave to do so and I would say that my Mantra is "Fine, I'll do it."

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am very much an 8 and my experience is that I do not WANT to be in charge but I am the only one with the energy and initiave to do so and I would say that my Mantra is "Fine, I'll do it."

Actually it is possibe that you aren't 8 but because of your MBTI type you score as one or think you are one. I have a long history of scoring 8 but I just don't see myself as eight.
What makes an 8 isn't behavior at face value but the reasoning behind taking actions.

Just saying. :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

That works, sure, but it's really not ideal. Being the only person with the energy and initiative to do it means you're surrounded by incapable, enabled and entitled people that got that way because someone else was always saying - Fine, I'll do it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

I'd say either you truly dislike it and you're surrounded by completely incapable people... Orr... You secretly DO want to be in charge because you want it done the right way (i.e. your way) and you don't trust others do make the things you require of the position happen.. and so when everyone else is meek, you step in and take the responsibility (your choice, and your want) and then begrudge those around you for the added responsibility of volunteering.

That works, sure, but it's really not ideal. Being the only person with the energy and initiative to do it means you're surrounded by incapable, enabled and entitled people that got that way because someone else was always saying - Fine, I'll do it.

^ I frequently deliberately choose to not be in charge to force quieter, meeker people into decision making roles.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp

I'd say either you truly dislike it and you're surrounded by completely incapable people... Orr... You secretly DO want to be in charge because you want it done the right way (i.e. your way) and you don't trust others do make the things you require of the position happen.. and so when everyone else is meek, you step in and take the responsibility (your choice, and your want) and then begrudge those around you for the added responsibility of volunteering.

^ I frequently deliberately choose to not be in charge to force quieter, meeker people into decision making roles.

If they're incapable, entitled, and meek, why would you want them to make decisions at all? You've literally just implied that they will make bad decisions, so shouldn't they default to someone with superior judgment? Plus, how is any of that entitlement? You can't help your competence level - some people are smart and most are stupid.

Seriously asking here.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If they're incapable, entitled, and meek, why would you want them to make decisions at all? You've literally just implied that they will make bad decisions, so shouldn't they default to someone with superior judgment? Plus, how is any of that entitlement? You can't help your competence level - some people are smart and most are stupid.

Seriously asking here.

Because they will learn something if you "force" them into these kinds of situations. Also if you are around you can always take over if everything starts to turn bad.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Seriously asking here.

It's entitlement because someone has been doing it for them their entire lives. When someone stops doing it, they learn. They can make decisions. What is wrong with teaching people and letting them sink or swim? Who talks like this about the human race as a whole - some people are smart and most are stupid? Using your logic, no one should go to school, learn to read, learn to speak for that matter.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

There's been plenty of times where I took the high road and was in charge or been the better man.

I don't think you're an 8 too early to say whether you're ENTJ or not

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Actually it is possibe that you aren't 8 but because of your MBTI type you score as one or think you are one. I have a long history of scoring 8 but I just don't see myself as eight.
What makes an 8 isn't behavior at face value but the reasoning behind taking actions.

Just saying. :)

Funny, I score as AND see myself as an 8.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is CP6. We can be leaders but not natural ones like 8. We begrudgingly lead. Better in an advisor position to an 8. Keeping them within parameters. Troubleshooting from the side.

We are the pea to an E8 carrot.

You will often type as 5,7,8. Check this link out. I don't want to derail the 8 focus of the thread but lots of CP6 will type as 8. So they will be here.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneatypes/66055-cp6.html

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This is CP6. We can be leaders but not natural ones like 8. We begrudgingly lead. Better in an advisor position to an 8. Keeping them within parameters. Troubleshooting from the side.

Which are the pea to an E8 carrot.

You will often type as 5,7,8. Check this link out. I don't want to derail the 8 focus of the thread but lots of CP6 will type as 8. So they will be here.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneatypes/66055-cp6.html

Ugh. No, I am not a 6. What is with this place, telling everyone what they are/not because of slight variances?
You guys do know that while fun, the Enneagram and MBTI are just guides right? Not every single person of one type is going to be exactly the same?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ugh. No, I am not a 6. What is with this place, telling everyone what they are/not because of slight variances?
You guys do know that while fun, the Enneagram and MBTI are just guides right? Not every single person of one type is going to be exactly the same?

Ok. Relax. If you aren't, you aren't. Someone else picking up on something and saying it doesn't define you. You define you. But maybe they are seeing something you aren't and saying "have you thought of this?"

That's it. No offense meant.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
There's been plenty of times where I took the high road and was in charge or been the better man.

I don't think you're an 8 too early to say whether you're ENTJ or not

Yeah? So? I do that often myself. Don't see what it has to do with me being an 8/ENTJ or not

And no, it isn't " too early to tell". My short time on this forum is not my only experience with MBTI/Enneagram.

This is pretty rediculous I've been on other personality groups where this question was asked ( though to ENTJ's) the response I gave was common and most accepted it. We didn't get jumped on and told we were wrong/mistyped. I see there are many 8's in this threads, all different types. That doesn't make us the friggen Borg.

Ok. Relax. If you aren't, you aren't. Someone else picking up on something and saying it doesn't define you. You define you. But maybe they are seeing something you aren't and saying "have you thought of this?"

That's it. No offense meant.

Yes, I do define me.

You said " That is 6" and direction me to a different forum. That's pretty definitive, but sure, no offense. ( ...that sounded sarcastic but it wasn't)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah? So? I do that often myself. Don't see what it has to do with me being an 8/ENTJ or not

The mantra is what is in question. I am being direct with you on that.

And no, it isn't " too early to tell". My short time on this forum is not my only experience with MBTI/Enneagram.

I tend not to take people are on the extreme end of rarity of types (NJ's) I underwent a long painstaking procedure making sure I was the 1% other than the 99% (I don't understand why people just think they're the outlier so quickly, well being a 4 I understand and it is a cognitive bias that many people have so it does make sense really) Ultimately the choice of what you call yourself is up to you. But behavior and evidence doesn't lie and as an ENTJ you should especially be aware of that (second to the ESTJ) I haven't given you my conclusion and some think it's pretentious but I won't share you my thoughts if you aren't putting your type out on for debate.
H
This is pretty rediculous I've been on other personality groups where this question was asked ( though to ENTJ's) the response I gave was common and most accepted it. We didn't get jumped on and told we were wrong/mistyped. I see there are many 8's in this threads, all different types. That doesn't make us the friggen Borg.

Just because everyone agrees about something doesn't make it right. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Seriously asking here.

If they're meek it doesn't mean they're bad at decision making at all. Sometimes people lack the confidence in their own abilities to step up, rather allowing for someone potentially less-qualified but more charismatic and louder to step in. And many times in my life, I have come across situations where my speaking up and using my loud talent to broadcast someone else's genius has come to much better results than if I had not paid attention to everyone around me and just took charge all the time.

My point is to say... is it REALLY truly that EVERYONE around you in these situations is incapable? I mean, all the time? Every one? .. I doubt it. More likely you do want to take charge and take power when you see an opportunity, even if at times you don't want the added responsibility. So you blame the "incapable" people (aka the people who truly do not want the leadership role) of your added burden, dismissing it all with a justified resignation "fiiiine Ill do it" when all along you knew you were going to position yourself right there.. somewhere in you you did... Because.. in reality you could have pushed anyone else to step up to the plate by being quiet yourself and recognizing that this leadership role might not be a good fit for you right now.. But they'll always feel like a good fit.. because type 8s see themselves as leaders.

.. On the flip side. Maybe you're begrudgingly leading because you're not 8 at all. If you are 100% genuine about disliking leadership roles, I'd be more inclined to think a different type for you. But I'm going on the assumption that you're an 8 since you say you are.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I do not do things because I want credit, I do not things because I want to say " lookit me I AM the bigger person!" I do it because I hate wasted time and I hate bullshit. I especially hate time wasted by bullshit. So I'd prefer to just get shit done. Don't care how others percieve this, don't care that the " entitled and incompitent" ( which yah they are) get another free ride. I just caring about doing what needs to be done.

You're one of those people who is obssesed with being " different" you found out you're not ( based on some number system? Who gives a shit?) so now you can't accept that anyone else might be. TBH, if you have to force yourself to be part of the " 1%" you never really were.
I don't see what's so great about it personally. I think it would be wonderful to be to be generally accepted by people. Just to be able to relate to another human being would be a fucking dream.
So, I understand how you feel, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I've put up with enough judgement and hatred over the years to earn the right to say that I am a little different. If you take offense to that well, that is your issue and it wont be made mine.

Who said anything about " right?" We're talking about people, how and why they do. I think it's pretty messed up to tell someone that they are wrong on thier own motivations.

If they're meek it doesn't mean they're bad at decision making at all. Sometimes people lack the confidence in their own abilities to step up, rather allowing for someone potentially less-qualified but more charismatic and louder to step in. And many times in my life, I have come across situations where my speaking up and using my loud talent to broadcast someone else's genius has come to much better results than if I had not paid attention to everyone around me and just took charge all the time.

My point is to say... is it REALLY truly that EVERYONE around you in these situations is incapable? I mean, all the time? Every one? .. I doubt it. More likely you do want to take charge and take power when you see an opportunity, even if at times you don't want the added responsibility. So you blame the "incapable" people (aka the people who truly do not want the leadership role) of your added burden, dismissing it all with a justified resignation "fiiiine Ill do it" when all along you knew you were going to position yourself right there.. somewhere in you you did... Because.. in reality you could have pushed anyone else to step up to the plate by being quiet yourself and recognizing that this leadership role might not be a good fit for you right now.. But they'll always feel like a good fit.. because type 8s see themselves as leaders.

.. On the flip side. Maybe you're begrudgingly leading because you're not 8 at all. If you are 100% genuine about disliking leadership roles, I'd be more inclined to think a different type for you. But I'm going on the assumption that you're an 8 since you say you are.

I never said " fiiiine " I said "Fine." It is a difinitve. If I truly did not want to do something I wont. It is not something I jump to at every oppertunity, which is often the implication of 8's: they insist on leading all the time because they are bossy."

I think I know the type of people I deal with a little better than you. They are not incompitent or incapable.They are certainly not meek. They are entitled, lazy, anti-social, indecisive, and spiteful. If they do decide to lead it's only for the percieved power- the a bsolute last people you would want to lead.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm a pickle.

The enneagram/mbti is fun, it is a guideline, which is why I find it hilarious that you are arguing that you are something while someone is implementing you are something else. IF you do use the mbti as a starting point to self discovery and dont take it too seriously then why are you taking his/her outlook seriously and leaving it to wring out and dry?

but that's just me. Im only a pickle.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'm a pickle.

The enneagram/mbti is fun, it is a guideline, which is why I find it hilarious that you are arguing that you are something while someone is implementing you are something else. IF you do use the mbti as a starting point to self discovery and dont take it too seriously then why are you taking his/her outlook seriously and leaving it to wring out and dry?

but that's just me. Im only a pickle.

..because people who have to respond to every innocuous thing I say with an argument irritates me.

They asked, I answered. They said "Nu uh!" Maybe just don't ask next time?