Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    -
    Confrontation
    -
    They meet reality confrontational. For this "confrontational intimacy" others do not have the appreciation for. Their advances are to start to argument with you. And one could think the eight does not like me. In reality the eight tries to come closer to others by behaving this way. And the eight is surprised at the others backing out. In their inner world eights are often sad and they ask themselves: "Why does nobody like me?" Nevertheless they do not change their rules of their game. They always try the same "advance".
    This is so true. I actually have a habit of confronting/ starting arguments with people I am most interested in, when I first meet them. Maybe this is why I get along with some 8s who nobody else seems to get along with. When someone does this to me, I take it as a sign that they're feeling me out, or reaching out. Lol.. I guess I really am 8 fixed. :P

Hidden child
    -
    The key to the eight is to see the little boy or girl in them. You sometimes do not see it, but it is there all the time. They tend to show it in their whole life only to two or three other people. If eights start to behave like a wild and start bitching and roaring around and if you want to back off, it is the best to speak to the hidden child in them. Expect it that there is a hidden child.
    Hahha. This is adorable "bitching and roaring around" - but very true. 8s have a sense for vulnerability when it is real. However they don't react well to emotional manipulation or "attempts" to reach their inner child. You have to be real about it. tell them if you're genuinely frightened or upset. Do not try to coax them in some "planned" way.

The best thing to do with me when I'm bitching and roaring is just endure it. Just wait. I will run out of steam. If someone just waits for me to run out of steam, and then calmly tells me their point of view, or at least doesn't "hate me" but waits for some cool-off time and then is willing to talk about it, I have tremendous respect for them and I feel like they have accepted me for who I am. I don't do this often. But it's like.. I can't really trust that a guy has SEEN all of me until we break up or have a big fight. This is why I end up being close friends with ex boyfriends.

The Protector
    -
    Eights try constantly to protect the little boys and girls in this world, everything that is weak and vulnerable. In the Developing World there are many missionaries, who are eights. They are ready to go through unbelievable offensivenesses. They take the greatest privations to help those people, who are in need of help. Their love towards the weak and vulnerable is boundless.
    I'm not nearly as glorious as this description, but I did protect other kids when I was young, even though I was small myself and I was made fun of etc. Better me than them; I can take it.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

What a terrible description, no offense to the OP. You didn't go much into the motivations, if, at all. Where's the fear of vulnerability for example? The fear of weakness? The passion of lust and the virtue of innocence? The need for control and how it ties into avoiding a sense of victimhood? I mean, this is all shallow and superficial, really. It doesn't even go into why 8 is a gut or an anger type, and the palpable anger and the need for revenge 8s feel, nor does it touch on anything concerning the defense mechanisms 8s use when they get by in the world (don't blame you on that one though, because most online sources never cite these either), being blame and denial. I'll write something up later, I need to go and hit the gym now, but this constant regurgitation of certain aspects of type 8 being passed around online communities seriously need to stop, when few of these qualities is what actually makes the type in the first place.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!
    Likes great_bay liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    What a terrible description, no offense to the OP. You didn't go much into the motivations, if, at all. Where's the fear of vulnerability for example? The fear of weakness? The passion of lust and the virtue of innocence? The need for control and how it ties into avoiding a sense of victimhood? I mean, this is all shallow and superficial, really. It doesn't even go into why 8 is a gut or an anger type, and the palpable anger and the need for revenge 8s feel, nor does it touch on anything concerning the defense mechanisms 8s use when they get by in the world (don't blame you on that one though, because most online sources never cite these either), being blame and denial. I'll write something up later, I need to go and hit the gym now, but this constant regurgitation of certain aspects of type 8 being passed around online communities seriously need to stop, when few of these qualities is what actually makes the type in the first place.
    Eh.

I found it mostly accurate for most 8s I know. Sure it skipped some of the details of an 8's interior landscape, but the result of an 8s wiring nearly always presents itself as the OP described.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

08-18-08?

On 8's.

Signs errwhere. Anyways, cool post.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Eh.

I found it mostly accurate for most 8s I know. Sure it skipped some of the details of an 8's interior landscape, but the result of an 8s wiring nearly always presents itself as the OP described.
    But without going into the motivations, how do you know they are 8s and not say, Se doms or just generic belligerent people? Belligerence isn't explicit to 8.

To clarify, the enneagram is about finding out one's ego structure, what motivates your actions. It's not only about behavior in itself.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I think type 8's are sometimes annoying. I dislike the ones that fit into the stereotypical military P.E teacher.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    @Anja , thanks

@Xander ok. And thank you too. I really want to get that overall wrong interpretation of 8's from the table

If you look for example in the wikipedia Enneagram of Personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, even the first sentence about 8's is wrong.

Eights do not want to be in control. Maybe my english is too bad to get the meaning but too me it just delivers a completly wrong impression of 8's already in the first place.

Btw.:

Ego fixation: vengeance , *rofl*

If I get that dumbass, who wrote this, I am going to show him vengeance xD
    Thank you eights are not controlling, they can only be that if unhealthy and really sixes and threes are the controlling enneagram
    In order for society to survive, we must all pitch in and cooperate with one another, split the resources fairly.
    If we get greedy, everything will fall apart
    The main reason why there is no long peace is because everything is set and stone.
    Another is that resources are limited and the ones who had the most goes bad because they are in control.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 so/sx

8s are controlling as to certain aspects, draon9, like every other type.
    8 fears powerlessness which is suppressed and denied. typical unawareness of 8 in this regard. this unawareness as to own vulnerability leads to self-confidence with 8.
    8 sees your weakness and denies own weakness. 8 can also deny your strength if necessary. there are individual things which can trigger this fear of powerlessness in the subconsciousness.
    this is the point where 8 can start to control things more than normally . often without knowing deeply why this control is so important suddenly. generally spoken, it's about own justice or justice in general. so, moral questions. doesn't matter if the moral of 8 looks immoral or not justified to others.
    So/Sx - neon - Club Tropicana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 so/sx

these op descriptions, entropie, look pretty common to me. the usual stuff you find in books since 1990 in my understanding.
    So/Sx - neon - Club Tropicana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You can view the 8 as you want threadstarter, it's always an 8. Or infinity...
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]