User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 134

Thread: Another view on the 8

  1. #111
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I am very much an 8 and my experience is that I do not WANT to be in charge but I am the only one with the energy and initiave to do so and I would say that my Mantra is "Fine, I'll do it."
    This is CP6. We can be leaders but not natural ones like 8. We begrudgingly lead. Better in an advisor position to an 8. Keeping them within parameters. Troubleshooting from the side.

    We are the pea to an E8 carrot.

    You will often type as 5,7,8. Check this link out. I don't want to derail the 8 focus of the thread but lots of CP6 will type as 8. So they will be here.

    Ask a CP6...
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  2. #112
    Senior Member Array Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    This is CP6. We can be leaders but not natural ones like 8. We begrudgingly lead. Better in an advisor position to an 8. Keeping them within parameters. Troubleshooting from the side.

    Which are the pea to an E8 carrot.

    You will often type as 5,7,8. Check this link out. I don't want to derail the 8 focus of the thread but lots of CP6 will type as 8. So they will be here.

    Ask a CP6...
    Ugh. No, I am not a 6. What is with this place, telling everyone what they are/not because of slight variances?
    You guys do know that while fun, the Enneagram and MBTI are just guides right? Not every single person of one type is going to be exactly the same?

  3. #113
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Ugh. No, I am not a 6. What is with this place, telling everyone what they are/not because of slight variances?
    You guys do know that while fun, the Enneagram and MBTI are just guides right? Not every single person of one type is going to be exactly the same?
    Ok. Relax. If you aren't, you aren't. Someone else picking up on something and saying it doesn't define you. You define you. But maybe they are seeing something you aren't and saying "have you thought of this?"

    That's it. No offense meant.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  4. #114
    Senior Member Array Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    There's been plenty of times where I took the high road and was in charge or been the better man.

    I don't think you're an 8 too early to say whether you're ENTJ or not
    Yeah? So? I do that often myself. Don't see what it has to do with me being an 8/ENTJ or not

    And no, it isn't " too early to tell". My short time on this forum is not my only experience with MBTI/Enneagram.

    This is pretty rediculous I've been on other personality groups where this question was asked ( though to ENTJ's) the response I gave was common and most accepted it. We didn't get jumped on and told we were wrong/mistyped. I see there are many 8's in this threads, all different types. That doesn't make us the friggen Borg.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Ok. Relax. If you aren't, you aren't. Someone else picking up on something and saying it doesn't define you. You define you. But maybe they are seeing something you aren't and saying "have you thought of this?"

    That's it. No offense meant.
    Yes, I do define me.

    You said " That is 6" and direction me to a different forum. That's pretty definitive, but sure, no offense. ( ...that sounded sarcastic but it wasn't)

  5. #115
    V Special Rare Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Yeah? So? I do that often myself. Don't see what it has to do with me being an 8/ENTJ or not
    The mantra is what is in question. I am being direct with you on that.

    And no, it isn't " too early to tell". My short time on this forum is not my only experience with MBTI/Enneagram.
    I tend not to take people are on the extreme end of rarity of types (NJ's) I underwent a long painstaking procedure making sure I was the 1% other than the 99% (I don't understand why people just think they're the outlier so quickly, well being a 4 I understand and it is a cognitive bias that many people have so it does make sense really) Ultimately the choice of what you call yourself is up to you. But behavior and evidence doesn't lie and as an ENTJ you should especially be aware of that (second to the ESTJ) I haven't given you my conclusion and some think it's pretentious but I won't share you my thoughts if you aren't putting your type out on for debate.
    H
    This is pretty rediculous I've been on other personality groups where this question was asked ( though to ENTJ's) the response I gave was common and most accepted it. We didn't get jumped on and told we were wrong/mistyped. I see there are many 8's in this threads, all different types. That doesn't make us the friggen Borg.
    Just because everyone agrees about something doesn't make it right.


  6. #116
    Emperor/Dictator Array kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    If they're incapable, entitled, and meek, why would you want them to make decisions at all? You've literally just implied that they will make bad decisions, so shouldn't they default to someone with superior judgment? Plus, how is any of that entitlement? You can't help your competence level - some people are smart and most are stupid.

    Seriously asking here.
    If they're meek it doesn't mean they're bad at decision making at all. Sometimes people lack the confidence in their own abilities to step up, rather allowing for someone potentially less-qualified but more charismatic and louder to step in. And many times in my life, I have come across situations where my speaking up and using my loud talent to broadcast someone else's genius has come to much better results than if I had not paid attention to everyone around me and just took charge all the time.

    My point is to say... is it REALLY truly that EVERYONE around you in these situations is incapable? I mean, all the time? Every one? .. I doubt it. More likely you do want to take charge and take power when you see an opportunity, even if at times you don't want the added responsibility. So you blame the "incapable" people (aka the people who truly do not want the leadership role) of your added burden, dismissing it all with a justified resignation "fiiiine Ill do it" when all along you knew you were going to position yourself right there.. somewhere in you you did... Because.. in reality you could have pushed anyone else to step up to the plate by being quiet yourself and recognizing that this leadership role might not be a good fit for you right now.. But they'll always feel like a good fit.. because type 8s see themselves as leaders.

    .. On the flip side. Maybe you're begrudgingly leading because you're not 8 at all. If you are 100% genuine about disliking leadership roles, I'd be more inclined to think a different type for you. But I'm going on the assumption that you're an 8 since you say you are.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes ThaumaturgicTheorist liked this post

  7. #117
    Senior Member Array Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    471

    Default

    I do not do things because I want credit, I do not things because I want to say " lookit me I AM the bigger person!" I do it because I hate wasted time and I hate bullshit. I especially hate time wasted by bullshit. So I'd prefer to just get shit done. Don't care how others percieve this, don't care that the " entitled and incompitent" ( which yah they are) get another free ride. I just caring about doing what needs to be done.

    You're one of those people who is obssesed with being " different" you found out you're not ( based on some number system? Who gives a shit?) so now you can't accept that anyone else might be. TBH, if you have to force yourself to be part of the " 1%" you never really were.
    I don't see what's so great about it personally. I think it would be wonderful to be to be generally accepted by people. Just to be able to relate to another human being would be a fucking dream.
    So, I understand how you feel, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I've put up with enough judgement and hatred over the years to earn the right to say that I am a little different. If you take offense to that well, that is your issue and it wont be made mine.

    Who said anything about " right?" We're talking about people, how and why they do. I think it's pretty messed up to tell someone that they are wrong on thier own motivations.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If they're meek it doesn't mean they're bad at decision making at all. Sometimes people lack the confidence in their own abilities to step up, rather allowing for someone potentially less-qualified but more charismatic and louder to step in. And many times in my life, I have come across situations where my speaking up and using my loud talent to broadcast someone else's genius has come to much better results than if I had not paid attention to everyone around me and just took charge all the time.

    My point is to say... is it REALLY truly that EVERYONE around you in these situations is incapable? I mean, all the time? Every one? .. I doubt it. More likely you do want to take charge and take power when you see an opportunity, even if at times you don't want the added responsibility. So you blame the "incapable" people (aka the people who truly do not want the leadership role) of your added burden, dismissing it all with a justified resignation "fiiiine Ill do it" when all along you knew you were going to position yourself right there.. somewhere in you you did... Because.. in reality you could have pushed anyone else to step up to the plate by being quiet yourself and recognizing that this leadership role might not be a good fit for you right now.. But they'll always feel like a good fit.. because type 8s see themselves as leaders.

    .. On the flip side. Maybe you're begrudgingly leading because you're not 8 at all. If you are 100% genuine about disliking leadership roles, I'd be more inclined to think a different type for you. But I'm going on the assumption that you're an 8 since you say you are.
    I never said " fiiiine " I said "Fine." It is a difinitve. If I truly did not want to do something I wont. It is not something I jump to at every oppertunity, which is often the implication of 8's: they insist on leading all the time because they are bossy."

    I think I know the type of people I deal with a little better than you. They are not incompitent or incapable.They are certainly not meek. They are entitled, lazy, anti-social, indecisive, and spiteful. If they do decide to lead it's only for the percieved power- the a bsolute last people you would want to lead.

  8. #118
    Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Funny, I score as AND see myself as an 8.
    Ok.
    My point was simply that things at face value can sometimes be misguiding. Since motivation/reasoning is what actually defines your type.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Ugh. No, I am not a 6. What is with this place, telling everyone what they are/not because of slight variances?
    You guys do know that while fun, the Enneagram and MBTI are just guides right? Not every single person of one type is going to be exactly the same?
    I'm a pickle.

    The enneagram/mbti is fun, it is a guideline, which is why I find it hilarious that you are arguing that you are something while someone is implementing you are something else. IF you do use the mbti as a starting point to self discovery and dont take it too seriously then why are you taking his/her outlook seriously and leaving it to wring out and dry?

    but that's just me. Im only a pickle.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

  10. #120
    Senior Member Array Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    I'm a pickle.

    The enneagram/mbti is fun, it is a guideline, which is why I find it hilarious that you are arguing that you are something while someone is implementing you are something else. IF you do use the mbti as a starting point to self discovery and dont take it too seriously then why are you taking his/her outlook seriously and leaving it to wring out and dry?

    but that's just me. Im only a pickle.
    ..because people who have to respond to every innocuous thing I say with an argument irritates me.

    They asked, I answered. They said "Nu uh!" Maybe just don't ask next time?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [E4] Another view on the 4
    By entropie in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 09:29 PM
  2. Another Perspective on the Functions:objects, motion, holistic and linear
    By Eric B in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:15 PM
  3. [ESTP] ESTP view on the 16 types
    By Unique in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP's view on the 16 types
    By mortabunt in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
  5. Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •