MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    @Anja , thanks

@Xander ok. And thank you too. I really want to get that overall wrong interpretation of 8's from the table

If you look for example in the wikipedia Enneagram of Personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, even the first sentence about 8's is wrong.

Eights do not want to be in control. Maybe my english is too bad to get the meaning but too me it just delivers a completly wrong impression of 8's already in the first place.

Btw.:

Ego fixation: vengeance , *rofl*

If I get that dumbass, who wrote this, I am going to show him vengeance xD
    I am very much an 8 and my experience is that I do not WANT to be in charge but I am the only one with the energy and initiave to do so and I would say that my Mantra is "Fine, I'll do it."

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I am very much an 8 and my experience is that I do not WANT to be in charge but I am the only one with the energy and initiave to do so and I would say that my Mantra is "Fine, I'll do it."
    Actually it is possibe that you aren't 8 but because of your MBTI type you score as one or think you are one. I have a long history of scoring 8 but I just don't see myself as eight.
    What makes an 8 isn't behavior at face value but the reasoning behind taking actions.

Just saying.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

That works, sure, but it's really not ideal. Being the only person with the energy and initiative to do it means you're surrounded by incapable, enabled and entitled people that got that way because someone else was always saying - Fine, I'll do it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Virtual ghost liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'd say either you truly dislike it and you're surrounded by completely incapable people... Orr... You secretly DO want to be in charge because you want it done the right way (i.e. your way) and you don't trust others do make the things you require of the position happen.. and so when everyone else is meek, you step in and take the responsibility (your choice, and your want) and then begrudge those around you for the added responsibility of volunteering.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    That works, sure, but it's really not ideal. Being the only person with the energy and initiative to do it means you're surrounded by incapable, enabled and entitled people that got that way because someone else was always saying - Fine, I'll do it.
    ^ I frequently deliberately choose to not be in charge to force quieter, meeker people into decision making roles.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

^ I frequently deliberately choose to not be in charge to force quieter, meeker people into decision making roles.
    Exactly.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Senior Member ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'd say either you truly dislike it and you're surrounded by completely incapable people... Orr... You secretly DO want to be in charge because you want it done the right way (i.e. your way) and you don't trust others do make the things you require of the position happen.. and so when everyone else is meek, you step in and take the responsibility (your choice, and your want) and then begrudge those around you for the added responsibility of volunteering.

If they're incapable, entitled, and meek, why would you want them to make decisions at all? You've literally just implied that they will make bad decisions, so shouldn't they default to someone with superior judgment? Plus, how is any of that entitlement? You can't help your competence level - some people are smart and most are stupid.

Seriously asking here.
    ISFP/ESI
    9w1-3w4-6w5 sp/so
    Solitary>Sensitive=Serious

"My cognitive functions include Introverted Feeling and Introverted Suffering."
    Likes Yuu liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    If they're incapable, entitled, and meek, why would you want them to make decisions at all? You've literally just implied that they will make bad decisions, so shouldn't they default to someone with superior judgment? Plus, how is any of that entitlement? You can't help your competence level - some people are smart and most are stupid.

Seriously asking here.

Because they will learn something if you "force" them into these kinds of situations. Also if you are around you can always take over if everything starts to turn bad.
    Likes ThaumaturgicTheorist liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post

Seriously asking here.
    It's entitlement because someone has been doing it for them their entire lives. When someone stops doing it, they learn. They can make decisions. What is wrong with teaching people and letting them sink or swim? Who talks like this about the human race as a whole - some people are smart and most are stupid? Using your logic, no one should go to school, learn to read, learn to speak for that matter.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

There's been plenty of times where I took the high road and was in charge or been the better man.

I don't think you're an 8 too early to say whether you're ENTJ or not
    F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Actually it is possibe that you aren't 8 but because of your MBTI type you score as one or think you are one. I have a long history of scoring 8 but I just don't see myself as eight.
    What makes an 8 isn't behavior at face value but the reasoning behind taking actions.

Just saying.
    Funny, I score as AND see myself as an 8.