User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Default Inflated numbers of INFx 4s. Let's be honest about it.

I am really suspicious of how INFJ and INFP E4s are accumulating on the forum, so I am making my opinion public that more than one person on this forum is mistyped. The stereotypical avatars of the forum's 4s (black and white pictures expressing sadness, or a quandary) are a good example of what I mean, and they are becoming tiresome to view every day. I do not sense much originality; all I see is conformity created by the fear of appearing unlike a 4, and this fear itself is antithetical to being a 4 (or an sx, or a Fi user for that matter).

I should add that the propensity of many TypoC members to be lazy and stereotype newbies fuels this problem. As I have said before, it isn't what somebody says that matters, but how and why they say it. I wish we would collectively make more of an effort not to rush to conclusions, and consider weighing trends against probability.

To anybody who has just joined the forum, I would urge you to just be yourself. It has taken me a long time to see the virtues in that advice, and if I can, you can. I would also ask you not to self type then ask to be typed by somebody else, and urge members not to indulge anybody who does this. Their openness is an illusion: you are simply being asked to confirm ignorance.

@Alea_iacta_est @Cygnus @Hard @Obsidius @RobertCalifornia
    Likes Obsidius, asynartetic liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

As much as I loathe disclaimers...to prevent a swarm of embittered people dumping their anger here, I also wish to say that I bear E4 as a type no ill will. I would therefore appreciate it if people could rise above ascribing ulterior motives to my posts, and engage this topic on its merits. This is a big elephant which we tend to avoid here.

OK. Bedtime, lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I am really suspicious of how INFJ and INFP E4s are accumulating on the forum, so I am making my opinion public that more than one person on this forum is mistyped. The stereotypical avatars of the forum's 4s (black and white pictures expressing sadness, or a quandary) are a good example of what I mean, and they are becoming tiresome to view every day. I do not sense much originality; all I see is conformity created by the fear of appearing unlike a 4, and this fear itself is antithetical to being a 4 (or an sx, or a Fi user for that matter).

I should add that the propensity of many TypoC members to be lazy and stereotype newbies fuels this problem. As I have said before, it isn't what somebody says that matters, but how and why they say it. I wish we would collectively make more of an effort not to rush to conclusions, and consider weighing trends against probability.

To anybody who has just joined the forum, I would urge you to just be yourself. It has taken me a long time to see the virtues in that advice, and if I can, you can. I would also ask you not to self type then ask to be typed by somebody else, and urge members not to indulge anybody who does this. Their openness is an illusion: you are simply being asked to confirm ignorance.

@Alea_iacta_est @Cygnus @Hard @Obsidius @RobertCalifornia
    I support the general sentiment behind this post, candid forum members seem to be diminishing.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Fearful and conformist INFJ with black and white avatar expressing sadness/quandary checking in.

So glad I broke free of my previous conformity.

Biden does a much better job of expressing my true inner-self.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

Fi isn't all about nonconformism. IME, Fi-users adhere strictly to a Te-system because Fi seeks "protection" from the ravages of the outside; similarly, Ti is about protecting one's own existence and free will, but at the price of holding values that adhere to an Fe-system. That said, I'd understand how an strong Fi-user would be more drawn to more dismal, depressive themes than Fe: Gamma and Delta are described as "dark," "angsty," "brutal," or "dreary," while Alpha and Beta are all happy-world.

From what I've seen, Fi is not linked to "uniqueness" at all.

At the same time, while you shouldn't attribute depressive themes to 4, avoid attributing it to other Ego-core types like E9 either. Too many people are just depressed, nothing more.
    Likes senza tema, Xann liked this post

Wise old Edgar once told me that if someone has a black and white avatar that person is probably an INFP (can't remember whether it was INFX) or gay.

Ps - I didn't have this current avatar back then. Too bored to Photoshop it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"There's a glut of INFx self-typed folks on Internet forums compared to real life" is not exactly a news flash; the bias in self-typing has been recognized for years.

Also, "Arrrg, some people here are mistyped" is not a news flash either. I'm sure some would think you are mistyped, or me, or potentially others: Welcome to internet forums. (We can't agree on celebrity typing either.)

But the public service message to be oneself [minus all the passive forms of control via shaming, of course] is always useful, at least. People should really not care what type they end up as, as long as it best identifies themselves and is helpful for further growth. It's a good message.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes LunaLuminosity liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "There's a glut of INFx self-typed folks on Internet forums compared to real life" is not exactly a news flash; the bias in self-typing has been recognized for years.

Also, "Arrrg, some people here are mistyped" is not a news flash either. I'm sure some would think you are mistyped, or me, or potentially others: Welcome to internet forums. (We can't agree on celebrity typing either.)

But the public service message to be oneself [minus all the passive forms of control via shaming, of course] is always useful, at least. People should really not care what type they end up as, as long as it best identifies themselves and is helpful for further growth. It's a good message.
    My thoughts as well, Jennifer. And @riva, my favorite clothed fox, who is Edgar? Did he exist here before my time?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

weren't you an INFP 4 a couple days ago?

and who even is correctly typed?
    Likes ESFJ, Evee, velveteen liked this post