User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by four View Post
    I'm sorry this issue bothers you so much but I am confused as to why anybody cares or feels threatened by it. It seems fairly neutral to me, not something to get worried about or bothered by.
    because Kullervo is a cp 6w5 , that's why
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

I saw that the thread was started on 3.04. -->And then I came and increased the numbers even more

Probably some of us are mistyped. But well... we can't make people to change their type (especcially that knowing somebody in forum is not like knowing what he is really like), so there is rather nothing to do about it. Maybe knowing the system better, mistyped members will understand that the different type fits them better. And if not it's their bussiness.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Kullervo

I can read sincerity in your post, and of course people will conform to their category just like they do as goths, punks, etc. There is always an irony in identity in which people tend to feel both the need to be defined as an individual and the need to belong and connect. So in most every walk of life people will find a smaller group that rejects the larger norm and then conform fully to that little group in order to be an individual. This goes way beyond just n00bs on a forum, and each individual has their own journey to find self. You can't force it along the way.

As someone who has been on this forum from the time it was created, I've also noticed patterns with avatars. As far as judging people based on avatars, you should also know that the statue/oil painting of a great man is a common avatar for young men, most often ages 18-late 20's, who tend to be strongly opinionated and at times overly forceful in debates, who tend towards the pitfall of too much rigidity in their thinking. From an MBTI type perspective it is almost always INTJ or INTP men, with the occasional INFJ.

We all have a tendency to subconsciously conform with identity. It isn't something that just happens to the people "out there" who need to be taught a lesson.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes chickpea, ESFJ, Opal liked this post

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by aetherabove View Post
    Perhaps INFx and type 4s have a greater tendency to be interested in typology than other types?
    Well, if Facebook is a reliable indicator of this (I don't know if it is), the INFP group there is by far the largest.

MBTI
    INFP

To anybody who has just joined the forum, I would urge you to just be yourself.
    Newbie here. I'm going to follow your advice and use a black and white avatar as I always do, haha. I'm just not comfortable using colors, not even in my clothes (since I was like 11 years old), and I don't see why I have to change that just to be seen as a real 4, haha. I'm confused now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    NFI sx/so

I was typed as a 4 but then another test said I was a 6 and another a 9 and now I don't know what I am anymore. I feel like I can relate to all three type profiles. I give up on Enneagrams for now. No, I'm not asking to be typed. I didn't really care what Enneagram I was though, I just took a few tests a while back ago and they all said 4 so I called it a day.

OH!!!! Maybe I'm NOT a 4 since my avatar isn't black and white!

MBTI
    ENTP

A field and forum that draw IFs and E4s combine for some amusing confusion...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I suspect INFs of all Enneagram types could be drawn to black and white images because they convey intense emotions in an understated manner. It provides a snapshot into your personality when you are an introverted, quiet personality with deep and intense feelings. It offers people an impression that allows anonymity. I've had this avatar for several years because I like the way she looks into the distance lost in thought because that it basically what I'm like. Some people have told me they don't like the way she is looking away, and I know that implies some anti-social subtext, but that is also true of me. I'm also easily overwhelmed with external senses and emotions, so I find the black and white calming when I look at it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I tried to break out of 4, so I tried 9, 6, 7, 5 and then 4 just came back with more research, so if you have some very intensive enneagram websites maybe I can be out of the loop. My last decision was 4 vs 8. I don't see myself as an 8 although since last year I'm way more assertive and I stick up for myself haha.

I see black and white images are actually flashier than many color images in my opinion because of what the contrast makes it out to be. I like some black and white photography, but I usually stick with color, it's the 21st century. :P

Yet computer monitors still cannot show all variance of colors visible to the human eye yet. So all of our pictures are limited in color haha.

Which means everyone is a 4. *sarcasm* (unfortunately I had to type that)