User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    My thoughts as well, Jennifer. And @riva, my favorite clothed fox, who is Edgar? Did he exist here before my time?
    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    You're not familiar with @Edgar? Have you been living under a rock?
    There are now mods who have never heard of me. Oh how the times have changed.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.
    Likes Ivy, LunaLuminosity liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    There are now mods who have never heard of me. Oh how the times have changed.
    LOL! Well, so you DO exist!

If it helps, I haven't been a mod for very long. (I used to live under a rock, until someone found me and brought me out into the main forum.)
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    LOL! Well, so you DO exist!

If it helps, I haven't been a mod for very long. (I used to live under a rock, until someone found me and brought me out into the main forum.)
    When you have the time, go ahead and look through some of my old posts so you can get offended. It's a tradition for all new mod recruits.

Don't forget to bring righteous indignation backed by an inflated sense of authority. A monocle is optional, but you might want to bring that along too, so you have something to drop into your champagne flute.

Welcome to the elite fighting force!
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.
    Likes Starry, grey_beard, LunaLuminosity liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

^how about I don't nose around in your past; you don't poke around in mine, and we start with a clean slate and now we should probably turn this thread over to INFs w 4s, which both we are not. But feel free to PM me anytime.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Perhaps INFx and type 4s have a greater tendency to be interested in typology than other types?
    Likes four, EJCC, Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by aetherabove View Post
    Perhaps INFx and type 4s have a greater tendency to be interested in typology than other types?
    This is anecdotally regarded by quite a number of people (myself included). It makes sense given the focuses 4's have, and in general what INFx's want and need.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes EJCC, Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4x3

Hm. I don't think they're inflated in the general population though they might be overrepresented in a forum like this, which isn't the same thing. It shouldn't be a surprise that fours are pretty likely (more likely than all other types) to be introspective and to want to talk about something like psychology and personality types. They are the "deep sea divers of the psyche" (I think Riso said this?) Same with INFx. Jung was an INFJ himself, so to see INFJs in a typology forum, I mean, it's not that these are the only types interested in this stuff but...why would this surprise people? And it's fairly straightforward that fours are likely to be INFxs, especially INFPs. So take that all into account and... I mean, why is it controversial or confusing that these types would flock to a typology forum and certain other types would be less likely to?
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4x3

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Well the majority of INFPs are 9s, and then 6s. This should not be news. However more attractive the material here may be to E4s, there are still so many more 6s and 9s that it is inconceivable that the forum could have as many 4s as it does. Your argument makes sense from the perspective of MBTI; but the MBTI types are themselves differentiated. .
    Hi, this isn't a correct interpretation of statistics in general (you aren't taking into account the fact that this forum represents a highly specialized and specific interest... the entire population as a whole is not represented here! That would be insane.)

I have never read what you're saying about nines and sixes; INFP statistically is likely to be a four; this is evidence in tons of studies.

Myers-Briggs / MBTI & Enneagram Correlations

Personality Types: Enneagram and Myers Briggs Type Correlations - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

MBTI-Enneagram correlations

Etc.

I'm sorry this issue bothers you so much but I am confused as to why anybody cares or feels threatened by it. It seems fairly neutral to me, not something to get worried about or bothered by.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

Let them be... If people think they like being INFx 4s then let them be happy about it.
    It's not such a big deal.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Well, I have a black-and-white avatar that expresses melancholy, but I'm too lazy to change it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)