User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    weren't you an INFP 4 a couple days ago?
    Oh, believe me, he's a Betan.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

But who was true self?
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    But who was true self?
    Classics in the History of Psychology -- James (1890) Chapter 10

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

weren't you an INFP 4 a couple days ago?

and who even is correctly typed?
    We need to make a sister thread for Mistyped TypologyCentral Members called Correctly Typed TypologyCentral Members where you just @ someone and nod your head.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes BadOctopus, chickpea, Noon, LunaLuminosity liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@Chanaynay *nods*
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

who even is correctly typed?

I feel confident that you're accurately typed...but will admit to being confused by your 'atypical' avatar choices. Which makes sense when you compare your avatar(s) with some of the more common themes/expressions we've become accustomed to seeing.

INFx 4 Avatar: Example 1

INFx 4 Avatar: Example 2

INFx 4 Avatar: Example 3
    Likes Cygnus, chickpea, Noon, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i do feel like i don't fit in with most other e4s, but isn't that an extremely 4ish way to feel?
    Likes Starry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    The stereotypical avatars of the forum's 4s (black and white pictures expressing sadness, or a quandary) are a good example of what I mean............antithetical to being a 4 (or an sx, or a Fi user for that matter).

I wish we would collectively make more of an effort not to rush to conclusions
    I wish you'd thought this paragraph through before you wrote it. Please people don't make snap judgements about each other based on a sentence of two....instead make them based on avatars. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on the core motivations behind the choice of a black and white avatar and how it proves they are not 4's?
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    I wish you'd thought this paragraph through before you wrote it. Please people don't make snap judgements about each other based on a sentence of two....instead make them based on avatars. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on the core motivations behind the choice of a black and white avatar and how it proves they are not 4's?
    I actually think there is some merit in typing people based on nonverbals, because it avoids the Forer effect. That is another subject in itself though.

The reason I chose to mention avatar choice is that almost every 4 on the forum has an avatar that is a variation on a theme: black and white (or at least dark), expressing pain, suffering or some feeling of disillusionment and "otherness". There is a dearth of variety. I just think that is an obvious example of members here having a preconceived vision of E4. It isn't the choice of avatar itself that I believe is evidence for my view, but how united the membership is in adopting themes. 4s fear being like others, so I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed this.

To delve deeper, I feel that the reason this happens is because, as we've discussed in the Wiki, there is a hierarchy of Enneatypes with 4 at the top. Many IxFx members, myself included, can relate to superficial aspects of the type (artistic, wants to be unique, etc) but will have core motives that are dissonant to those of a 4. Not all are happy to admit this to themselves, however. My aesthetics have perhaps made it easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I actually think there is some merit in typing people based on nonverbals, because it avoids the Forer effect. That is another subject in itself though.

The reason I chose to mention avatar choice is that almost every 4 on the forum has an avatar that is a variation on a theme: black and white (or at least dark), expressing pain, suffering or some feeling of disillusionment and "otherness". There is a dearth of variety. I just think that is an obvious example of members here having a preconceived vision of E4. It isn't the choice of avatar itself that I believe is evidence for my view, but how united the membership is in adopting themes. 4s fear being like others, so I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed this.

To delve deeper, I feel that the reason this happens is because, as we've discussed in the Wiki, there is a hierarchy of Enneatypes with 4 at the top. Many IxFx members, myself included, can relate to superficial aspects of the type (artistic, wants to be unique, etc) but will have core motives that are dissonant to those of a 4. Not all are happy to admit this to themselves, however. My aesthetics have perhaps made it easier for me.

Types 9 and 6 are much more common.

stand·ard de·vi·a·tion

noun

A quantity calculated to indicate the extent of deviation for a group as a whole.

I think it's important to keep in mind that there will never come a time when TypologyCentral will be reflective of the population at large. For example, while we've evolved in many ways...this site can still trace its roots back to INTPCentral. And if there's one thing we know about INTPs it's that they are predominantly 5w4. I don't think it's a stretch to speculate that this site...this format, style of interaction...the focus, the specific content we discuss...may in fact be more attractive to 5w4s/4w5s than other types.

We are high on sx doms and low on ESxx as well which I am more likely to attribute to the content and format respectively long before I would consider mistypes.