• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Core Beliefs of 9s According to Beatrice Chestnut

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- "I don't matter. It's easier that way."
- "What I think and feel isn't that important. And that's okay. Other people just feel more strongly about things than I do."
- "It's not okay to be angry or upset because that puts you at odds with others."
- "It's more important to be nice and peaceful than to be true to myself."
- "It's not good to show anger because conflict destroys positive connections with others."
- "If I'm not present and accessible to others, I'm safe."
- "I don't know what I want, and it's not important anyway."
- "I'm incapable of knowing what I want."
- "Knowing what I want and asserting my desires in the world of others takes too much work and will alienate people I need or want to stay connected to."
- It's easier to go along with what other people want than to go to the trouble of asserting what I want."

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I agree most with "If I am not present and accessible to others, I am safe"

so true.

...but then you get angry with the world for not being beautifully present and then you get depressed with everything and find everything and everyone boring and then you do not want to interact with the world at all. ....Cause there is nothing that sparks your interest... but if you find that special someone or activity then you cling onto them for dear life. Oh I could go on and on.

But no, I think they can feel strongly, but it builds up. It's just not immediate and you feel it more in your body and it is physically disorienting and it can disrupt your everyday life.

idk. I have more to say but ....meh.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
To me this is wildly massively inaccurate and pessimistic, perhaps just the wording though.
I find that my core beliefs are positive and hopeful.

although, these ones are true for me:
- "I don't know what I want, and it's not important anyway."
- "It's easier to go along with what other people want than to go to the trouble of asserting what I want."

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- "I don't matter. It's easier that way." (Yes.)
- "What I think and feel isn't that important. And that's okay. Other people just feel more strongly about things than I do." (Yes)
- "It's not okay to be angry or upset because that puts you at odds with others." ( Hmm...nah, I'm good.)
- "It's more important to be nice and peaceful than to be true to myself." ( Haha.)
- "It's not good to show anger by throwing things because conflict destroys positive connections with others it renders one indistinguishable from a baby monkey."( Yes.)
- "If I'm not present and accessible to others, I'm safe who cares?" (Yes.)
- "I don't know what I want, and it's not important anyway."( No, even I can't correct this one.)
- "I'm perfectly incapable of knowing what I want." ( Yes.)
- "Knowing what I want and asserting my desires in the world of others takes too much work and will alienate people I need or want to stay connected to makes Jack a dull boy."(Sure.)
- "It's easier fun to go along with what other people want than to go to the trouble of asserting do what I want and ignore everyone else." (There we go.)

The majority of these statements really hit home for me, it's quite unsettling. Brava Beatrice Chestnut.