• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Core Beliefs of 4s According to Beatrice Chestnut

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- "I am lacking some essential qualities of goodness, and so I will inevitably be rejected and abandoned by others."
- "Since I lost the love of someone I loved and needed in the past it must mean there's something fundamentally wrong with me."
- "Others have what I want, but I can't get it because there's something wrong with me."
- "What I want eludes me, and what I can have seems somehow boring or lacking something essential. What is here and how is mundane and boring; what I desire most is ideal and at a distance."
- "If someone does love me or want to be with me, there must be something wrong with them."
- "My intensity makes me special."
- "What I want most is love, but I won't be able to what I want because (experience has proven) I am not lovable."
- "I lack some basic attributes that wold allow others to really love me. But if I could find the ideal person who realizes how special I am, then maybe I could really experience what I long for."
- "I'm special, but others don't recognize it."
- "No one understands me. I am destined to be misunderstood."
- "I will never be able to fit in because I'm unique (or special or deficient). I feel as if I don't belong.
- "I expect that eventually, most people will abandon me."

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I want to say ego came first and the enneagram type developed as a consequence of the ego in order to feed it...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- "I am lacking some essential qualities of goodness, and so I will inevitably be rejected and abandoned by others."
- "Since I lost the love of someone I loved and needed in the past it must mean there's something fundamentally wrong with me."
- "Others have what I want, but I can't get it because there's something wrong with me."
- "What I want eludes me, and what I can have seems somehow boring or lacking something essential. What is here and how is mundane and boring; what I desire most is ideal and at a distance."
- "If someone does love me or want to be with me, there must be something wrong with them."
- "My intensity makes me special."
- "What I want most is love, but I won't be able to what I want because (experience has proven) I am not lovable."
- "I lack some basic attributes that wold allow others to really love me. But if I could find the ideal person who realizes how special I am, then maybe I could really experience what I long for."
- "I'm special, but others don't recognize it."
- "No one understands me. I am destined to be misunderstood."
- "I will never be able to fit in because I'm unique (or special
or deficient). I feel as if I don't belong.
- "I expect that eventually, most people will abandon me."

Yeah most of this works for me.
The bolded is off.... I don't think I'm special and that others don't recognize it. Actually, I can feel frustrated that others will fail to relate to me. I naively continue to think that people will "get" it and when they don't, I am disheartened. I never expect misunderstanding, no matter how much it occurs.
I don't feel I can fit in, true, but it's not because I think I am special. Sometimes I think I'm deficient - well, often. But my perspective is also that others are willing to repress themselves to fit some mold, and perhaps they are happy that way. But I cannot stomach that or be happy that way. Others are special too, but they'll betray themselves for security. I suppose I may feel some deficiency like selfishness or stubbornness or inability to be content the way others are, and this is what keeps me from conforming as needed to fit in.

I don't think most people will abandon me, but I do think I wont ever be important enough for most of them to remember me or to make me a priority or to highly value me as a friend. I don't expect betrayal or deliberate abandonment, it's more like being forgotten.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I want most is not love, at least I've never felt this way and that's why I can't relate to these core beliefs... maybe I am not a 4 after all :shrug:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think most people will abandon me, but I do think I wont ever be important enough for most of them to remember me or to make me a priority or to highly value me as a friend. I don't expect betrayal or deliberate abandonment, it's more like being forgotten.

Yes, yes, yes. This, so much.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah most of this works for me.
The bolded is off.... I don't think I'm special and that others don't recognize it. Actually, I can feel frustrated that others will fail to relate to me. I naively continue to think that people will "get" it and when they don't, I am disheartened. I never expect misunderstanding, no matter how much it occurs.
I don't feel I can fit in, true, but it's not because I think I am special. Sometimes I think I'm deficient - well, often. But my perspective is also that others are willing to repress themselves to fit some mold, and perhaps they are happy that way. But I cannot stomach that or be happy that way. Others are special too, but they'll betray themselves for security. I suppose I may feel some deficiency like selfishness or stubbornness or inability to be content the way others are, and this is what keeps me from conforming as needed to fit in.

I am not even a 4, yet I relate this 1000000000% lol xDDD