User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx

Smile 4s and 6s: Describe Your Ideal Self. (Or Selves)

So 4s...describe for me your dream self with as many vivid details as you want...we all know you have them

I want to hear from 6s too: Who is the person you strive to be? What qualifications would make that person satisfactory?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

(4): My ideal self... A distance runner who follows a regime and has the potential to run an ultramarathon (at least 50K) before she turns 25. Someone who knows exactly what career they want to have and is terribly ambitious. Someone with a lot of friends, one of those people that get stopped at least twice every time they go down the street by people they know. Someone charming and warm. Someone who comes off as carefree but has their shit together too. Someone with a distinct personal style, très chic. Someone with a very unique and attractive physical appearance (classic Japanese features, tanned skin, elegantly styled dark hair, waifish figure, runner's legs). Someone who can be seductive but still be taken seriously. Someone who always seems to be the center of attention but who can promote their friends and never tries too hard.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

(4) Someone who can create a rift to another world, hopefully a saner one, and go there.
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I have so many alternative lives, it is hard to keep up.

I feel like my ideal self would really be a spiced up version of me rather than somebody completely different. I imagine myself transformed into somebody physically strong, socially confident, and a very successful pianist and composer. I would also like to have certain superpowers, such as telekinesis and invisibility.

4, my ideal self: An artist, creative and original person who inspires others with her work, but is humble, quiet and shy. A perfectionist who follows rules, has perfect self-control and does everything to achieve her goals, works hard and never gives up. An artist who is not only talented, but also mysterious, hard to get to know and has a dark twist. Always knows when the right time to do things, extremely individualistic and very expressive sense of fashion and style. Always does the good work, just to satisfy everyone. Physically very skinny and pale, with outgeorgeus dark almost gothic like look.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I want to reach all of my potential and experience beautiful and meaningful things. I want depth of understanding in life and depth of connection with others (or at least one other). I want spirituality, a connection to God, and the insight and gracefulness that comes with it. I'd like some charisma, magnetism, to be liked and to captivate.
    But I also want elegance and luxury and novelty and the exotic. I want to stay thin and never wrinkle .
    When younger, I wanted a bohemian lifestyle, and I still want that autonomy, flexibility and exploration, but I put a higher value on more noble pursuits, especially moral and spiritual things.

I want to be inspired and motivated all the time. I want a beautiful, brilliant lover that I respect and adore. I want to be adored and admired and loved and respected for being me. I want mutual support and cultivation of profound intimacy (in every area).

I suppose I see my potential as being a creative, intelligent, empathetic, insightful, spiritual person. I want avenues and contexts which allow me to cultivate those qualities. Ideally I'd have brilliance and talent and drive in at least one of those areas, if not all of them. I'd like to explore and do well in many creative mediums - visual art, writing, poetry, philosophy, music, etc.

I have too many fantasies, so Im speaking in terms of theme here, rather than specifics. Some specifics may be traveling all over and being semi-nomadic, a fantastic closet reflecting my individual style, an extensive library, an atrium or indoor or rooftop/balcony garden of sorts, and to be a published poet and/or fine artist with a gallery (I'm over this commercial art crap). These are really just decorative stuff, because my desires center more around finding love, cultivating spirituality, increasing understanding, expressing creatively and creating and finding beauty and meaning. Great clothes are just a nice package .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Seriously now? Okay. Highly focused. With focus anything is possible.
    Likes kosherdog liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TalkTypestoMe View Post
    So 4s...describe for me your dream self with as many vivid details as you want...we all know you have them

I want to hear from 6s too: Who is the person you strive to be? What qualifications would make that person satisfactory?
    From reading this thread, it seems most of you just want to be a 5 or an 8.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

To grasp fear in my fingers, watch it writhe, wriggle and try to get away. But to not let it and to also not kill it; I want to hear it's side of perspective and understand that power of influence. And I want to make friends with it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    From reading this thread, it seems most of you just want to be a 5 or an 8.
    Well, I would certainly like to be more "8-like". Many 4s are, especially the sx-doms and those well-integrated, but as far as I know, I am a ways from being that sort of 4.

Ideally, I want to excel in my one chosen creative field to the point that hard-to-reach options to take it further would open up. I want my work to help people understand each other and make them face the sides of themselves that they're afraid to own up to. But also, I want to deliver through it the message that I like people after all despite the quiet shell, and I want to play with them. I would not just be understood, but others would want to come inside without may having to compromise myself for them first. I would never again have to sit on an idea alone or be hungry for intellectual bonding. Maybe I'd meet someone this way who I would become more intimate with - romance used to be a central part of these visions, but it isn't anymore. But it would be lovely.

I want a strong body and a resilient psyche. I want to be brave, someone who stands up for others and what's good, not a bystander. I want to know a variety of practical skills and be able to survive in many difficult situations, but also to be knowledgeable, intelligent and focused. I want to be fearlessly productive and efficient.

I want my unhealthy past to be overshadowed by what I become and my self-concept to be washed of that as cleanly as possible by new accomplishments. I want a few to regret how they underestimated me.

I don't want to be constrained in aesthetic expression or in exploration by impersonal resource limits. If I'm curious about something, I want to be able to just go try it.

I don't want to age. I don't want disease, otherwise known as the body's random and oh-so-inconsiderate infringement on my expressive capacities.

Why did I even post? I hate admitting that I want more.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes grey_beard, Rambling liked this post