User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Didn't DJ Arendee make a million of these threads? And we all know what type he was..
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Their perceptions are irrelevant, since they're responsible for themselves unless I choose to be responsible for them by taking on the leadership role.

Frankly, I've spent my life being made responsible for others. Tired of it and won't do it anymore.
    I don't think their perceptions are irrelevant at all - whether you want to or not they'll see you as their leader.

That's the defintion of a leader to me (having people actually wanting you to lead them and being able to).
    Lost but now I am found
    I can see but once I was blind
    I was so confused as a little child
    Tried to take what I could get
    Scared that I couldn't find all the answers

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Didn't DJ Arendee make a million of these threads? And we all know what type he was..
    are you saying he's him
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    are you saying he's him
    No. It's just, this scent is not new. Maybe.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    No. It's just, this scent is not new. Maybe.
    oh. yeah fair point.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Bullterrier View Post
    I don't think their perceptions are irrelevant at all - whether you want to or not they'll see you as their leader.
    Don't care.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

How do you take over a leader role without first challenging the current leader?
    I'm not taking over the leader role. That would be too much work and responsibility.....pffft....who wants that? No thanks. I would use 2 only to adjust my position within the existing hierarchy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

I know they are insecure because they attack me.

Well revenge... He threatened me. Ok I've already put him in place, but now I want to put him down.

One of them is a coworker and the other is a neighbour. Both have aspirations to become a boss and both are older than me. The neighbour tries to boss me around because we're both in a committee where he has a higher position.

First time somebody threatens me with something like that (and they were close between), which is why I started the thread.
    Seems like you think everyone who challenges you is a 6.

I dare say you come off as sounding insecure with this and many other posts.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp
    Likes johnnyyukon, BlackDog liked this post

A CP6 jokes about stabbing me (I recognize this as fear from him and give him a smug smile back).

A CP6 asks me if he should stab me with a couple of scissors and my reply is "should I go and get an axe so we can get at it?" and his reply is "oh, so how are you doing today...".
    This comes across to me as comical. "Oh, so how are you doing today . . ." after talk of stabbing you with scissors? Tell me you just made that up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Sorry I have been away from discussion for a while. Highlander made a lot of points that really resonate with my way of looking at things, and I appreciate 8s' explanations of how you guys are seeing things, too.

It seems to me like a baseline assumption of independence versus interdependence makes a huge difference in how 8s and 6s look at things, respectively. I wanted to make just a few points -

So, CP6s must be viewed in a positive light, even though they automatically view others in a distrustful and negative light?
    The reason I suggested reaching out to a CP 6 who is being reactive is because OP was asking about "help dealing with CP 6s". Unfortunately, that's the best way I know of calming down a CP 6. I wish I knew a solution that didn't require the 8 having to take on an extra burden, but I don't, short of the 6 working on their intrapersonal development.

[6s] need agency externally granted.
    Echoing my thought above, I think this is largely an interdependence-perspective sort of thing. 6s do like to fully understand what we're getting ourselves into, so I think we tend to prefer to "receive" agency with established boundaries from an established source, but I think we also tend to see agency as something that is gained via earning the respect and support of people, not as something that can be achieved without the cooperation of others. As far as I can see through my perspective, there are few leadership roles that can be successfully attained, fulfilled, and kept without the consent of others. It's more a line of thought like "everyone needs agency externally granted", more than "I need agency externally granted". That concept may be flawed/skewed, but it is not about us wanting/requiring someone else to help us as much as it is about believing that no one can attain leadership without the participation of others.

6s as a generality, wish to be led. With CP6s, they too have a desire to be led but mistrust authority, so they preemptively harass authority, as if authority was responsible for their needs even though authority never agreed to be responsible for them. The definition of authority is 'someone who the CP6 perceives as authority'.
    I think this is mostly true, though I'm surprised that you say that the authority never agreed to be responsible for them. To me it seems like when one takes a position of leadership (even before that), one accepts responsibility for all the lives one will impact via their position, whether it is an official responsibility or not.

Of course, whether the authority actually is reasonably being detrimental or not is a completely valid question, especially being that a lot of 6 "problems" originate in the 6 foreseeing problems based on current patterns rather than actual problems themselves arising.