First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bullterrier View Post
    If by pushing back you mean asserting yourself when boundaries have been pushed I don't see that as a problem. I try to respect other peoples boundaries and I do expect the same from others.

It's when those boundaries are based on some kind of paranoia with an aggressive response that problems start to occur.
    Out of curiosity, how do you judge the difference?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Some people also just have that face of someone someone else wants to fuck with.

I have close friends this seems to happen to. And they're all very confident, know how to fight but don't. Like they look tough enough, but are maybe smaller and bullies think they can intimidate them? I know UFC pioneer, Stephan Bonnar had a pretty face and he said that guys at bars were always trying to start shit with him. At the time he was "only" a Golden Gloves champion so he said he'd always try to play it down and avoid confrontation, but he'd often have to fight. 2 times, he said he had 2 different guys teeth lodged in his knuckles <The previous was graphic and should not have been read by the queasy>

CP6s sound like they all have short man syndrome or something.

I mean, it sounds like you're doing a good job. Deflecting insults that seem, from your stories, grounds for an ass whooping. But I've experienced much the same, and the loudest barkers do not bite (though sometimes they do).

I'd say shrug it off if you can. Sounds like you're calling them out and putting them in their place as little dorks that want to test you. So not sure what you meant by "revenge."

Not really my business but I am curious as to who you are affiliating with to be around people joking about stabbing you.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post

I mean, it sounds like you're doing a good job. Deflecting insults that seem, from your stories, grounds for an ass whooping. But I've experienced much the same, and the loudest barkers do not bite (though sometimes they do).
    No it's not short man syndrome. We can have problems with authority though and anyone who pretends to be one who isn't can be confronted. 8s tend to act like they are in charge when they are not which can be annoying to us. Mostly the issues with authority have to do with questions on whether or not we trust those who are in authority positions to act responsibly, fairly and in the best interests of others. There are people in positions of power and influence who readily abuse those positions and they can even damage people's lives.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes prplchknz, skylights liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No it's not short man syndrome. We can have problems with authority though and anyone who pretends to be one who isn't can be confronted. 8s tend to act like they are in charge when they are not which can be annoying to us. Mostly the issues with authority have to do with questions on whether or not we trust those who are in authority positions to act responsibly, fairly and in the best interests of others. There are people in positions of power and influence who readily abuse those positions and they can even damage people's lives.
    This would be perceptional. If someone doesn't have authority over you, they can't coerce you into doing anything that you don't consent to, whether through silence or not.

If you consider, isn't this similar to straw manning? To set it up, just to knock it down?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    This would be perceptional. If someone doesn't have authority over you, they can't coerce you into doing anything that you don't consent to, whether through silence or not.

If you consider, isn't this similar to straw manning? To set it up, just to knock it down?
    I have seen this play out with a couple of people at work. There was an ESTJ 8 who was in a position where I had to send things through him for approval. He took that role for all it was worth from an influence and power standpoint not just with me but with everyone. He would use a combination of little rants and occasionally threats to get what he wanted or to prove that he was in charge. Overall, he added very low value in the process but I had to work with him. I had a pretty good relationship with the guy and navigated through it well but it annoyed me that I had to deal with that kind of crap. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the 8s can have a tendency to act like they have more authority than they do and that this can irritate others like counterphobic 6s. Because people often have a such a thirst for leadership though and a desire to not want to wield it themselves, they will often hand the 8 the reins.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

That is wild
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Because people often have a such a thirst for leadership though and a desire to not want to wield it themselves, they will often hand the 8 the reins.
    Prior to responding, can you please explain this? Are you saying that CP6s want to be leaders or that they don't wish to be leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you judge the difference?
    If it's called for or not. If it's just.

Say I borrow something without asking and that person gets annoyed. Ok, my fault. I'm sorry.

If someone starts to yell or threaten me for no reason other than me standing in that persons proximity, that's not just and now we have a problem and I won't back down.

If it feels personal and with ill intent.
    Lost but now I am found
    I can see but once I was blind
    I was so confused as a little child
    Tried to take what I could get
    Scared that I couldn't find all the answers
    Likes skylights liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Prior to responding, can you please explain this? Are you saying that CP6s want to be leaders or that they don't wish to be leaders?
    Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. If there is a cause the CP6 can champion where courage, determination and persistence can be used to conquer something then I think it can be appealing to them. One dramatic example of a cp6 leader is Braveheart. He starts out as a young scrapper mostly alone and independent. When the Brits kill his wife and he is angered over the tyranny of British rule, he becomes their biggest nightmare. That is very 6.

On a personal level, I do like to lead but it's selective. I don't get enjoyment from being in leadership roles just to lead, which I think 8s tend to do. It has to be associated with a purpose, venture or a cause that I believe in. I also gravitate towards situations that are difficult, new or a challenge vs. things that are established and running smoothly already.

Tri-type 639
    Likes skylights liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post

I'd say shrug it off if you can. Sounds like you're calling them out and putting them in their place as little dorks that want to test you. So not sure what you meant by "revenge."

Not really my business but I am curious as to who you are affiliating with to be around people joking about stabbing you.
    I know they are insecure because they attack me.

Well revenge... He threatened me. Ok I've already put him in place, but now I want to put him down.

One of them is a coworker and the other is a neighbour. Both have aspirations to become a boss and both are older than me. The neighbour tries to boss me around because we're both in a committee where he has a higher position.

First time somebody threatens me with something like that (and they were close between), which is why I started the thread.
    Lost but now I am found
    I can see but once I was blind
    I was so confused as a little child
    Tried to take what I could get
    Scared that I couldn't find all the answers