User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Lol, yeah. Really, though, you don't even have to be warm. Essentially all you have to do is get across the message that you're not trying to harm them. I know it's probably a little bit of a pain in the ass to have to do that at all, but that one action can prevent a load of drama.
    Analogous would be to tell a CP6 to just roll over to the 8, since there's no need to fear 8s. What's the likelihood this will happen? :p
    Likes Bullterrier liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Analogous would be to tell a CP6 to just roll over to the 8, since there's no need to fear 8s. What's the likelihood this will happen? :p
    If the 8 gives a reason why the CP 6 doesn't need to fear them, I would think pretty good, actually

I have an 8w9 boss, for what it's worth. She's rarely warm, but is protective of me. So while I sometimes pause if she comes off cold or dismissive when we interact, it helps me to keep in mind that her protectiveness indicates a positive relationship.

If you have a specific situation you're thinking of that wouldn't work, I'd be happy to analyze it further. This seems general to me and I'm not sure I totally grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    If the 8 gives a reason why the CP 6 doesn't need to fear them, I would think pretty good, actually
    But why would the CP6 automatically assume that the 8 should be feared where suddenly, it's up to the 8 to make things bettah?

See how this works?
    Likes Bullterrier, skylights liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    But why would the CP6 automatically assume that the 8 should be feared where suddenly, it's up to the 8 to make things bettah?

See how this works?
    Lol, yeah, I totally get that it's irrational. It is fear, after all. I think the short answer is because 6s tend to operate on kind of a battlefield strategy of people are either with or against them. I get that it's pushing a burden on the 8 to be a certain way, which isn't fair, but I guess it just depends on how much the 8 in question cares to defuse or not. I would love to just tell the 6s to just cut the crazy out... but realistically it usually takes a lot of introspection to even realize one's enneatype, much less to unpack and fix its subconscious baggage.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Bullterrier View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if it's just me and the signals I give out to others that's at play or if this is something common with interactions between 8s and CP6s.

I'm never the guy that starts a fight. I do however feel very confident of being able to end it if it should occur.

So a couple of examples...

A CP6 tries to project his fear onto me by trying to scare me. Doesn't work. He later starts to scream about something and asks if he should punch me in the face and my reply is "I wouldn't advise on doing that...". After that I give him a look and his CP turns P.

A CP6 jokes about stabbing me (I recognize this as fear from him and give him a smug smile back).

A CP6 asks me if he should stab me with a couple of scissors and my reply is "should I go and get an axe so we can get at it?" and his reply is "oh, so how are you doing today...".

It's not something which happens with complete strangers, that would probably have lead to something other than words being exchanged, but I mean what the hell is wrong with some people? And what signals could it be that I send out besides you can't fuck with me and why would they attack that?
    A type 8 ISTP?

Wow, can I just carry you in my pocket and take you out when a very CP6 starts screaming at me for no reason at all?
    It's not like I can't handle them, but.....you seem like something that should be placed between me and those......things.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartCats View Post
    A type 8 ISTP?

Wow, can I just carry you in my pocket and take you out when a very CP6 starts screaming at me for no reason at all?
    It's not like I can't handle them, but.....you seem like something that should be placed between me and those......things.
    as a 6 it's never for no reason, that's what people don't understand, lot of times if i'm reacting to you i feel attacked or threatened, whether or not that's true or not doesn't matter. because i'm 648 most likely which is triple reactive and i try to take a step back, but sometimes the evidence whether it's real or perceived is just too much and I can't just let it go. I'm not excusing my behavior i'm just saying that if i feel backed in a corner I'm gonna swing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartCats View Post
    A type 8 ISTP?

If you're like this you probably could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

If you're like this you probably could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g
    I'm a bit more cheerful/less dark than she appears to be in her videos and I don't like tattoos on guys, but I do have a special relationship with cats, and those tigers would probably obediently sit beside me like they sit beside her in this video

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's not something which happens with complete strangers, that would probably have lead to something other than words being exchanged, but I mean what the hell is wrong with some people? And what signals could it be that I send out besides you can't fuck with me and why would they attack that?
    Perhaps if you are an 8 and the other person is really a 6, you might not know what it is you're doing to elicit the reaction.

Those examples you provided don't really resonate with me but I have noticed that I do have a natural "reaction" to 8s. Sometimes they rub me the wrong way. There is a natural "attacking" quality or pushiness to them. If you get aggressive back then it causes them to be more aggressive in return - sort of like a gorilla beating on its chest. My inclination is to push right back calmly and firmly. If you push back in the right way, they seem to back off.

So in answer to your question - yeah I think there is a thing between these two types - though I haven't seen it manifested in the way you describe.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Perhaps if you are an 8 and the other person is really a 6, you might not know what it is you're doing to elicit the reaction.

Those examples you provided don't really resonate with me but I have noticed that I do have a natural "reaction" to 8s. Sometimes they rub me the wrong way. There is a natural "attacking" quality or pushiness to them. If you get aggressive back then it causes them to be more aggressive in return - sort of like a gorilla beating on its chest. My inclination is to push right back calmly and firmly. If you push back in the right way, they seem to back off.

So in answer to your question - yeah I think there is a thing between these two types - though I haven't seen it manifested in the way you describe.
    If by pushing back you mean asserting yourself when boundaries have been pushed I don't see that as a problem. I try to respect other peoples boundaries and I do expect the same from others.

It's when those boundaries are based on some kind of paranoia with an aggressive response that problems start to occur.
    Lost but now I am found
    I can see but once I was blind
    I was so confused as a little child
    Tried to take what I could get
    Scared that I couldn't find all the answers