User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default Who is more skeptical of people? 6 or 8?

Which type do you think is more dubious and/or skeptical of people?
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Sixes, most definitely, they're hesitant to trust people.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Why do you ask? *side-eye*

(case in point)
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I think they may be about even but what drives them to not trust/be skeptical is different.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Entropic liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Yeah. You either are skeptical or aren't.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sixes have more trust issues. Eights I think are more cynical in general about the motives of mankind, I think of good eights being things like police officers who are neither shocked nor surprised by unrehabilitatable malice (of course they can be lots of other things, but it's an image of a more cool headed offense eight, sixes are defense and are much more preoccupied with trust ...one of the reasons I think Eminem is a 6 and Lana del Rey has 6w7 in her tritype if she's not a 9 that disentigrates at unhealthy 6, she has trust no one tattooed on her hand and exhibits this attitude in her romantic passions in her music, of seeking intensity in place of intimacy).
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Definitely 6, as it's sort of a hallmark of that type; the idea of trust and lack thereof. 8's responses of "attacking" people as a defense can appear like a lack of trust, but that's not the root cause.

I actually find it fascinating at how 6's are so distrustful of people, as that's something I don't experience at all (it's rather alien).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Yeah. You either are skeptical or aren't.
    Sixes are labeled both skeptics and loyalists, we seek something or someone outside of ourselves to trust, a group, a political party, a sexual relationship because we don't trust ourselves. Ride or die bitches are probably heavy on 6 or 2 for different reasons, as are people who avoid intimacy with defensive rather than overtly confident offensive behaviors like 8.

Healthy sixes have to learn to depend on themselves more inwardly and live interdependently. When counterphobic actually become preoccupied with facing fear rather than seeking safety (I occasionally wonder if this is nothing more than sexual six versus self preservation or social six)...9 also disentigrates at 6, basically becoming a defensive trainwreck, an unhealthy 6 runs the gamut of high functioning unhealthy people like the thoroughly obnoxious Rush Limbaugh in his typical state, to very low functioning rebellion and self destruction (I think of Eminem as this in his worst phases, despite his wealth and fame, I think he's more likely to implode).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    Which type do you think is more dubious and/or skeptical of people?
    Type six, no doubt. But both types test others all the time, and either can be cynical.

Eights, as I understand it, are basically concerned with others getting in their space--or pushing their friends around. So they'll bump others to see how easily they'll move; they're testing to see if someone is a space taker or a space giver.

Sixes worry about everything, including hidden motives. It's not about space, but about trust mostly: can I rely on this person, or will s/he betray me? That might include concerns about lying, cheating, deceiving, abandoning, or any number of other things. It's not as simple as, How strong am I in relation to you? (which can be a lot of the issue for Eights).
    "Some would say that extended meaningful conversation is a thing of the past. But they'd say it more quickly." (Tom Morris)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As an 8, the way I understand trust is more about emotions and whether people are strong enough to handle me including my emotions, especially when I'm completely honest and sincere. It's related to that 8s feel like they are fundamentally bad people so they need to make sure that once they decide to attach themselves to someone, they aren't going to be rejected on the basis that people will think they are absolutely horrible inside and will run in fear at the sight of them letting out their demons and really showing their true colors. You want someone strong enough to handle you and you want someone who is strong enough to handle seeing the badness in the world and you want someone strong enough to be there for you so you yourself can finally allow yourself to feel weak. Some pieces of literature explain this as wanting to surrender oneself to a partner or intimate special someone. This is very different from the type 6 notion of trust which is more about being able to trust people's motives.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!
    Likes Patrick, Hawthorne liked this post