• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Who is more skeptical of people? 6 or 8?

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which type do you think is more dubious and/or skeptical of people?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Why do you ask? *side-eye*

(case in point)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think they may be about even but what drives them to not trust/be skeptical is different.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. You either are skeptical or aren't.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sixes have more trust issues. Eights I think are more cynical in general about the motives of mankind, I think of good eights being things like police officers who are neither shocked nor surprised by unrehabilitatable malice (of course they can be lots of other things, but it's an image of a more cool headed offense eight, sixes are defense and are much more preoccupied with trust ...one of the reasons I think Eminem is a 6 and Lana del Rey has 6w7 in her tritype if she's not a 9 that disentigrates at unhealthy 6, she has trust no one tattooed on her hand and exhibits this attitude in her romantic passions in her music, of seeking intensity in place of intimacy).

á´…eparted

passages
Definitely 6, as it's sort of a hallmark of that type; the idea of trust and lack thereof. 8's responses of "attacking" people as a defense can appear like a lack of trust, but that's not the root cause.

I actually find it fascinating at how 6's are so distrustful of people, as that's something I don't experience at all (it's rather alien).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah. You either are skeptical or aren't.

Sixes are labeled both skeptics and loyalists, we seek something or someone outside of ourselves to trust, a group, a political party, a sexual relationship because we don't trust ourselves. Ride or die bitches are probably heavy on 6 or 2 for different reasons, as are people who avoid intimacy with defensive rather than overtly confident offensive behaviors like 8.

Healthy sixes have to learn to depend on themselves more inwardly and live interdependently. When counterphobic actually become preoccupied with facing fear rather than seeking safety (I occasionally wonder if this is nothing more than sexual six versus self preservation or social six)...9 also disentigrates at 6, basically becoming a defensive trainwreck, an unhealthy 6 runs the gamut of high functioning unhealthy people like the thoroughly obnoxious Rush Limbaugh in his typical state, to very low functioning rebellion and self destruction (I think of Eminem as this in his worst phases, despite his wealth and fame, I think he's more likely to implode).

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Which type do you think is more dubious and/or skeptical of people?

Type six, no doubt. But both types test others all the time, and either can be cynical.

Eights, as I understand it, are basically concerned with others getting in their space--or pushing their friends around. So they'll bump others to see how easily they'll move; they're testing to see if someone is a space taker or a space giver.

Sixes worry about everything, including hidden motives. It's not about space, but about trust mostly: can I rely on this person, or will s/he betray me? That might include concerns about lying, cheating, deceiving, abandoning, or any number of other things. It's not as simple as, How strong am I in relation to you? (which can be a lot of the issue for Eights).

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an 8, the way I understand trust is more about emotions and whether people are strong enough to handle me including my emotions, especially when I'm completely honest and sincere. It's related to that 8s feel like they are fundamentally bad people so they need to make sure that once they decide to attach themselves to someone, they aren't going to be rejected on the basis that people will think they are absolutely horrible inside and will run in fear at the sight of them letting out their demons and really showing their true colors. You want someone strong enough to handle you and you want someone who is strong enough to handle seeing the badness in the world and you want someone strong enough to be there for you so you yourself can finally allow yourself to feel weak. Some pieces of literature explain this as wanting to surrender oneself to a partner or intimate special someone. This is very different from the type 6 notion of trust which is more about being able to trust people's motives.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trust No Bitch

Signed,
A 6w7

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sixes seem more passive, and maybe less likely to commit for fear of a negative outcome. I'm guessing eights are more brazen, and thus more likely to engage, even if skeptical.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sixes seem more passive, and maybe less likely to commit for fear of a negative outcome. I'm guessing eights are more brazen, and thus more likely to engage, even if skeptical.

Especially very heavy cp6 can be as committing except it's not done for the same reasons 8s do it. 8s have little disregard for safety and security and only commit if they think there's a genuine payoff, but 6s often commit to prove that they aren't afraid and that they are strong. 8s already inherently assume that they are strong so committing to a cause to prove one's capabilities is a non issue. Again, 8s commit more if they sense any real benefits from doing so, so they are when compared to cp6, probably less outwardly brazen actually. 8s weigh the costs for the returns more but their issue is more often an underestimation of their own power and they may as a result over commit.