• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Others Anger

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I feel similarly, if not exactly the same. I think I basically treat anger in other people the way I treat it in myself.

For me, I try to make sure I'm completely justified in acting in anger before I do, and that sort of justification is rarely achieved. I rarely act on anger outside of that, and when I do I feel embarrassed and ashamed and disappointed in myself. I think anger is a dangerous, costly thing. There has to be justification for it and it has to be on a leash. I think I just automatically have the same expectations of other people, I do think this leads to something that might appear hypocritical to others, which is that I tend to feel that shutting down an irresponsibly angry person is a justified use of anger (assuming it will work, of course). And, again, when I do thin anger is justified, that's fine, and I'm happy to get behind someone who justly angry, but I have very little respect for it otherwise.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Wait, what? Just catching up on the conversation - I think that EXXJ types are much more interested in enforcing laws than just ones in a general sense. I don't enjoy enforcing laws, although I do like order in some sense. It's only in the absence of any kind of leadership or order that I have the impulse to do so. For example, in the airport, I saw parents who allowed their old enough to know better children to scream, tantrum, run, bump into others and manipulate in such a way that it was affecting people around them significantly, while the parents either visited with each other/texted, or else kept just sitting and loudly saying the child's name as an exaggerated show of discipline that was not there. Another example would be on the bridge when I am going home, people do really stupid things, weaving in and out at 130-150 km/hr in an 80 zone, hoping to save three seconds, when they will soon have a double lane to pass in, and nearly rear end or sideswipe me in the process. In that case, I am more than happy to lean on my horn to draw attention to the fact that what they are doing actually is not socially acceptable or responsible.

I wonder if I seem angrier than I think I am. In general, I don't think I feel angry a whole lot, but maybe it's just going underground in some way I'm not aware of...

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2) If they're acting on their anger in a way that makes sense and is justifiable, then I'm fully in support of it. But I experience exactly the same frustration you described in the OP, with people who "act irrationally" or "have no impulse control". Ultimately I find those to be much greater sins than letting out anger -- and I try to never commit those sins (and I feel pretty awful and hypocritical when I do)