User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Others Anger

  1. #11
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    def not a 1 then, the idea of having to enforce rules and be a model citizen is not appealing at all to me.
    Still figuring out your gut fix? Girl you're 100% 8.

    (edit: I guess I could see 9w8. But I actually LOL'd at the idea of you having a 1 fix. No way Jose!)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  2. #12
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Still figuring out your gut fix? Girl you're 100% 8.
    no I just want written evidence that I am not 1 for in the future when I get accused of it. I can refer to this thread.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #13
    Nyarlathotep ESFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    I oddly relate to a lot of what you expressed despite possesing no 1 fix to speak of. I also feel like it's on the other person to control themselves and that they should be prepared to deal with the backlash or repricussions of their actions if they do not as they brought this upon themselves and therefore in my mind deserve whatever is coming to them. However I have been very guilty of saying things I've regretted when I've been angry in the past. Not that often anymore though.

    I feel that when others get angry I find myself either disgusted or amused by them, not to mention irritated(which as you mentioned, is more than a little ironic). I feel very little love for those who so easily lose their composure, as well as very little respect. I find it very hard to muster up sympathy for them but if know them well enough I can sort of talk myself through it by recognizing that this is still "insert name here", and I shouldn't forget that as that would mean underestimating the effects of the current situation and other external factors, in order to help that person which I care about. Strangers are a completely different story though.

  4. #14
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Hard some of your posts you do seem angry, especially when it comes to rules. I remember you getting what seemed like really angry (could be wrong) because someone got in trouble for breaking a rule or something, and me and a few others thought it was justified (I don't remember the exact situation) and you kept insisting that it was against the rules and it didn't matter if it was justified or not that because it was written that they should get punished and you were very stubborn. I think i have came up with a scenerio where it was life or death if the person obeyed the rule (death if they obeyed, but life if they broke it) didn't matter they broke the law should be punished was your point of view. I look at rules very differently than you, which is fine. I'm very angry but i'm also not a 1. e1s sometimes don't make sense to me. they sometimes come across too rigid.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok so are 1s typically attracted to law enforcement? like cops, I can see an 8 but i wonder how many 1 cops their are. oh oh judges probably lot of judges who are 1s.

    I too come across angry at times and don't feel angry. but then i get angry because people are saying i'm angry but i'm not. but i think the mechanisms for that is different. though in that situation i was angry, cuz i'm also stubborn and get all indignant and like well fine he/she not gonna listen to reason i'll just hope they fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That's why I was happy when I was finally able to become a mod, yes. I'd wanted to for years, probably since 2010 or 2011, but didn't have time until recently.

    I think it's safe to assume that that's also why Hard is a former forum moderator, and why SD45T-2 is a law enforcement enthusiast.
    Yep! Speaking of which, I'm the new head of rules in Humans Vs. Zombies at my school now. I am drawn to leadership positions, all the way back to early childhood. I always wanted to be "in charge" and be able to enforce the rules, direct everyone around, etc.. It felt natural and I got a lot out of it. A lot of it though is out of the desire for things to work well and fix things that are broken as EJCC pointed out.

    I'm annoyed easily, but I am difficult to anger. There's only been a handful of times I have ever truly gotten angry on here. Usually I think it's pretty self evident when that occurs, but text isn't always as clear as intended so it's difficult to say. Situations like you pointed out though can anger me because I'll say "this is how it is" and if I keep repeating myself I run out of ways to make people see/accept what I'm saying, so I want to resort to head-bonking.

    I think the distinction here is what is the reason behind the anger.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  5. #15
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post

    . Situations like you pointed out though can anger me because I'll say "this is how it is" and if I keep repeating myself I run out of ways to make people see/accept what I'm saying, so I want to resort to head-bonking.
    me too, which is why I don't debate you because we're both stubborn and it just ends up head-bonking. and both of us are convinced we're right and the other's wrong, but isn't listening. and because of our stubbornness we get no where. I only argue with people when i think there's a chance of changing their mind. of course it's really hard for people to change my mind, so I am hypocrit
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #16
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Yep! Speaking of which, I'm the new head of rules in Humans Vs. Zombies at my school now. I am drawn to leadership positions, all the way back to early childhood. I always wanted to be "in charge" and be able to enforce the rules, direct everyone around, etc.. It felt natural and I got a lot out of it. A lot of it though is out of the desire for things to work well and fix things that are broken as EJCC pointed out.
    Yeah -- it comes naturally to me too. I don't know if all 1s enjoy taking charge like that, because most of the joy is in seeing everything run smoothly. The take-charge thing probably has more to do with MBTI. Non-take-charge 1s are probably more likely to remain in their same position and try to do what they can from the sidelines -- or bitch about it because they feel like there's nothing they can do, or like it's not their job so they SHOULDN'T have to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'm annoyed easily, but I am difficult to anger. There's only been a handful of times I have ever truly gotten angry on here. Usually I think it's pretty self evident when that occurs, but text isn't always as clear as intended so it's difficult to say. Situations like you pointed out though can anger me because I'll say "this is how it is" and if I keep repeating myself I run out of ways to make people see/accept what I'm saying, so I want to resort to head-bonking.

    I think the distinction here is what is the reason behind the anger.
    Are you defining anger based on behavior, or based on feeling? I ask because I tend to define annoyance and irritation as being a mild/low point on the rage spectrum.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #17
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    me too, which is why I don't debate you because we're both stubborn and it just ends up head-bonking. and both of us are convinced we're right and the other's wrong, but isn't listening. and because of our stubbornness we get no where. I only argue with people when i think there's a chance of changing their mind. of course it's really hard for people to change my mind, so I am hypocrit
    Likewise. Though I have debated with you before and we've come to agreements so I don't avoid it . If I see that common ground won't be found I almost always end the discussion or don't start with it to begin with. For example, I have a TON of opinions on politics but because there's so many individuals here who have views polarized to mine, and they'll never budge, I don't even bother. I withhold my tongue around 90% of the time because of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah -- it comes naturally to me too. I don't know if all 1s enjoy taking charge like that, because most of the joy is in seeing everything run smoothly. The take-charge thing probably has more to do with MBTI. Non-take-charge 1s are probably more likely to remain in their same position and try to do what they can from the sidelines -- or bitch about it because they feel like there's nothing they can do, or like it's not their job so they SHOULDN'T have to do it.

    Are you defining anger based on behavior, or based on feeling? I ask because I tend to define annoyance and irritation as being a mild/low point on the rage spectrum.
    It might be MBTI-1 interplay. Introverted 1's that I know generally aren't like us in that regard. They can be, but generally not.

    I'm sort of defining it as both. I let annoyance and irritation out easily when appropriate (I'm known IRL for being easy to read and being expressive), and it's a low on the rage spectrum. After that though; it starts to get restrained. So much so that when I feel mid level rage it actually appears to be a very mild or non-exsistent irritation. I instinctively cap it and stuff it. Full blown is near impossible for it to come out. Something has to make me slip as I can't willingly do it. IRL less than 5 people have seen it happen, and each was only once.

    As I get irritated easily though, people generally think I am very particular, moody, and opinionated. Which is true. That said it's simply because that gets outwardly expressed. I don't really catagorize it as anger. Ironically, everyone else seems to? My emotions are very strong, and always have been, so it's like the entire mood meter is much larger, thus caps are higher up despite being in the same relative positions.

    If I have to completely restrain all of my thoughts feelings and opinions all the time for extended periods I get all kinds of messed up, so it's possible that my frequencey of low level release is why it's very hard for my anger to rise to danger levels.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #18
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Likewise. Though I have debated with you before and we've come to agreements so I don't avoid it . If I see that common ground won't be found I almost always end the discussion or don't start with it to begin with. For example, I have a TON of opinions on politics but because there's so many individuals here who have views polarized to mine, and they'll never budge, I don't even bother. I withhold my tongue around 90% of the time because of it.
    perhaps what I consider debating some of the time (and this has been confirmed) is me trying to get a better picture of the situation. that's a whole nother issue i'm a curious person and i figure it makes sense to ask the source and i never have any intention of using the information against them I just want to understand and i've pissed a few people off doing that, and that has turned into "debates"

    maybe it depends on the topic.

    it's weird i feel we're very similar yet very different at the same time.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #19
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    People who can't control themselves come across as huge babies. Aside from the obvious message that there is some thing that they don't like, what they say is often just fluff. Loud fluff.

    But sometimes enjoyable fluff.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    and that has turned into "debates"
    Oh man, same here. It's amazing that people get angry when you ask a neutral question that to them may slightly have the implication that you believe something that they don't.

    'Okay, I get it; you have strong convictions about this one particular thing. I got that in the first two minutes of the conversation with you. I don't need to hear ranting and raving for another two hours, thanks'
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  10. #20
    Member brainheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I get what the OP is saying. I can definitely at times feel holier than thou when someone loses his temper and I'm keeping my cool. The hypocrisy is that my 1 fix is that of the sexual nature (not to mention I'm a core sx 4) and I get angry all the damn time. It took me forever to come to terms with my 1 fix for this reason. Sexual ones are often mistaken for eights due to their expression of anger. Difference is the sexual one is filled to the brim with criticism. In other words, lots of ranting.
    459

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Missunderstood and other things.
    By lorkan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2015, 06:40 AM
  2. [Other] how do you let go of anger?
    By Society in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 08:30 PM
  3. [Other] severe anxiety over other's perceptions?
    By pinkteabag in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 10:51 AM
  4. [Other] Craigslist (and other) ads?
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 07:46 PM
  5. [NF] Do you care how others feel?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO