User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I've noticed a lot of people drawn to typology have a lot of four-ish tendancies, but in reality they aren't 4 related issues. Since a large part of E4 is about defining the self, and since defining and figuring out the self is kinda the point of personality typing, that part of it gets drawn out just from being an interest. Additionally (and I am in no ways implying you have any issues), people with depression, social anxiety, or other similar mental illnesses can improperly get labeled as E4 since "depressive" aspects are part of it. We must bare in mind that mental disorders actually distort our personalites, and how others view us, and how we view ourselves (I am no stranger to this).

Of course, if E4 is in your tritype then you'll relate to it. E3 is in my tritype as second and I relate to a good chunk of it as a consequence, but no where near to the level that I relate to E1.
    How do you think e4 would present in an INFJ as opposed to an INFP? I think I've only ever been familiar with an INFJ 4 once, and he had a 3 wing. He was a lot more dramatic (in self-expression) and his focus was on, in his own words and paraphrased, transforming the parts of himself which were otherwise too coarse or undesireable to be expressed. My focus was on building some order out of what I experienced as otherwise too chaotic and thereby threatening (threatening to overwhelm and threatening for its lack of clarity).

Sorry for thread derail.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    How do you think e4 would present in an INFJ as opposed to an INFP? I think I've only ever been familiar with an INFJ 4 once, and he had a 3 wing. He was a lot more dramatic (in self-expression) and his focus was on, in his own words and paraphrased, transforming the parts of himself which were otherwise too coarse or undesireable to be expressed. My focus was on building some order out of what I experienced as otherwise too chaotic and thereby threatening (threatening to overwhelm and threatening for its lack of clarity).

Sorry for thread derail.
    You'd likely be better off asking an INFJ-4 and INFP-4 (there's plenty of them on here) and I am almost certain several threads have been made on this exact topic already.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You'd likely be better off asking an INFJ-4 and INFP-4 (there's plenty of them on here) and I am almost certain several threads have been made on this exact topic already.
    ok. I'll try to look them up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I feel like 6 pretty much nails it for me too, except I don't get why I also relate so much to 4s. It's next in my tritype but I guess I need to understand more about where the lines end.
    I have had the same problem; but have come to the conclusion that my struggles with depression have been clouding my true personality.

Try this comparison.
    E4: Fewer ideas, which the 4 has a deep emotional attachment to
    E6: Many ideas, which the 6 has little emotional attachment to

You could try and work it out in reverse. If you are a Fi dom for example: 6s will likely be Ne/Se subtype, not Fi subtype, because our energy comes from the head, not the heart (please note that this does not mean 6s cannot feel strong emotions, or be compassionate). I have also noticed divergence in the way E4 and E6 artists express themselves, and this was the main way I figured out my type. To an E4, melancholic, depressive feelings are actually attractive and a source of energy. To an E6, they are foreign and obstacles to be overcome. Thus, a 6 artist will tend to view a 4 artist as saccharine, affected and insincere, somebody who worshipps emotion for the sake of it. A 4 artist may view a 6 artist as dry, inauthentic and too focused on achieving balance. Notice the difference in meaning between insincere, and inauthentic. You could also try and notice whether you primarily feel sadness or anger, shame or jealousy. (I know some of this comes into so vs sx.)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Kullervo; 03-01-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm a 6 and I can definitely relate to perceiving a problem, obsessing over it for a couple days, then something switches in my brain and I no longer see it as a problem. An interesting ride.