• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Once upon a time, there was trouble in the workplace...

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It has now somehow resolved itself, but I am still pretty shaken up by it. There was a situation where I had to stand up for myself and my department, and though things have quieted down, I am still not resolved within myself. I was not sure I was doing the right thing until I did it, and now I'm not so much doubting myself, but wondering if I should remain in this environment.

Now I am in the process of deciding if I want to trust that the situation will continue to get better, or if I am going to build upon plans to move on.

I just wanted to ask, have you experienced similar thoughts/feelings as a 6 (in the workplace or any other situation)? Why so? What did you end up deciding to do and what finalized your decision?

Thanks ahead.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Hey Quay ^_^

I am an in a similar position (and I feel comfortable calling myself a 6). It really was just me being naive, though. I do not understand adult lingo and I couldn't shut up the inner child within me.

I haven't made my decision yet, though, but I am thinking of sticking with the more "appropriate" decision unless muster up the courage to do the more daring one really soon....

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can relate to this. I think my issue was naivety also. Then the counterphobia appeared when I learned my coworkers were affected also.

I'm a way I'm leaning towards remaining there because I learned a lesson and will move forward from this. On the other hand, I'm a bit tired of caring.

Just have to think about it logically a bit more....

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To some extent I feel like I am always going to be "fighting" in the world because I am such an idealist. In all professions, in all roles even, there are always going to be outside pressures threatening the integrity of the goal and those attempting to achieve that goal, simply because we all have conflicting needs and desires but limited resources to attain those needs and desires, and there is nothing inherently evil about that struggle. But, we do have to actively and constantly address those pressures to maintain integrity...

I feel like 6s are especially well-equipped by nature to act in that role of analytic defender and "keeper of the flame". Our 6 mindsets make us anxious and reactive, but also vigilant and protective. I think of my family members in teaching, and how they have to keep fighting our government to even have enough money to buy classroom supplies without having to use their own money. But teaching is still a worthy goal, even bungled by administrative overload as it is...

However, I also think there is an important difference between pushing back against the typical pressures of the world versus feeling deeply unhappy with the way a workplace is operating and it no longer being feasible for it to be in harmony with your own goals and values. I used to have a silly rule as a child whether to do something or not - does it make your soul sing? The more I go through life the more I think it isn't so silly after all.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always doubt myself when I'm in a successful situation. And I especially do this if in the work environment I feel cornered to stand up for myself so to speak. I prefer to be really good at what I do and have the independence to do it. Being micro managed makes me flee. It's a constant fluctuation with my attitude (internally) towards any work environment ... I get scared essentialist and doubt creeps in. I think it's a matter of managing that internal thought process and it's temperature.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just wanted to update... I continued to fight back and was let go about 6 weeks ago. I knew it was coming, and had this deep session with myself prior to the goings-down (with snot, tears, and all that). What is it can I do to prevent this from reoccurring and then, what is it I can do to make an impact on Earth?
One thing I've learned about myself is any area I've invested myself in, I try to bring about change. It may be seen as arrogance, who knows. I have an ENTJ father, so perhaps, I just go with what I know.
Also, I become thoroughly involved with improvement and from my perspective, it's wanting to see the improvement of the whole. And I don't like seeing people being hurt to boot. After I left, people were calling me upset because this happened right before Christmas and I just asked, "So what's next? What can be done to change this? I'm not there anymore."
No answers thus far. Not shrugging but I've already invested way too much emotion.

Permabanned
Start and improve your own business/nonprofit, face/handle what you expect others do/ what you subject them to.