User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

In terms of sports:

Peyton Manning & Tom Brady: 3

Terrell Owens: 4
    Why: EVERYONE knows him, loud mouth, LOVES the media, even had his own tv show for a little bit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I see it now, 3 want to be recognized for putting in the hard work While 4s want to be recognized for their personality they are more inclined to love calcification and the spot light... Lindsay Lohan is a 4

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yep. 4s have to feel distinguished

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseBurgerKing View Post
    No. That's a subculture 4. A three wants to be the best at something, while a 4 wants to do something and have everyone be like "Wow, that dude is totally sweet!". They're main goal is not to win or get something done. It's recognition.
    I have zero desire of anyone ever saying that about me. My main goal is not recognition, but doing what matters to me as truthfully and honestly as possible. In other words, creating things which express how I am deep down- my authentic self. If I feel like what I'm doing fails at achieving that, I won't share it with anyone. I'd rather not be heard than be heard incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by OptoGypsy View Post
    I see it now, 3 want to be recognized for putting in the hard work While 4s want to be recognized for their personality they are more inclined to love calcification and the spot light... Lindsay Lohan is a 4
    calcification?

I avoid the spotlight as much as I possibly can.

A four creates art/engages in creative expression as a way of revealing something deeper. It's a way of understanding yourself, being understood by others, and understanding others. It's all about empathy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I have zero desire of anyone ever saying that about me. My main goal is not recognition, but doing what matters to me as truthfully and honestly as possible. In other words, creating things which express how I am deep down- my authentic self. If I feel like what I'm doing fails at achieving that, I won't share it with anyone. I'd rather not be heard than be heard incorrectly.

calcification?

I avoid the spotlight as much as I possibly can.

A four creates art/engages in creative expression as a way of revealing something deeper. It's a way of understanding yourself, being understood by others, and understanding others. It's all about empathy.
    Is staying true to yourself and expressing yourself in art (rather it be painting or stripping(some people seriously consider it art)) something all 4's hold or does it depend on the 4

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Is staying true to yourself and expressing yourself in art (rather it be painting or stripping(some people seriously consider it art)) something all 4's hold or does it depend on the 4
    I'd say it doesn't have to be through art. I do think, however, that fours try as hard as possible to stay true to themselves, for there to be a congruency between their inner selves and how they express themselves externally. When things feel incongruent it can create a lot of anguish.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I'd say it doesn't have to be through art. I do think, however, that fours try as hard as possible to stay true to themselves, for there to be a congruency between their inner selves and how they express themselves externally. When things feel incongruent it can create a lot of anguish.
    Linguistics seems to be something 4's are turned on by. Chomsky seems like he would be the 4's messiah

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Was Christopher Hitchens a 4
    No, Hitchens was a clear 5w4. It is very unusual for an Thinking type to be a 4 - 4s communicate emotionally and embrace all their feelings. Thinkers who think they are 4s are probably 5s or 6s with a 4 fix.

Also, anybody can be artistic. Mozart was a 7, Bach was a 3 and Brahms was a 6. 4s are associated with Romanticism and do not dominate art in other periods.

While someone like Chuck Bass/Saddam Hussein is a 3
    I would say 8w9.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    No. A 5w4.

It is very unusual for an Thinking type to be a 4 - 4s communicate emotionally and embrace all their feelings. Thinkers who think they are 4s are probably 5s or 6s with a 4 fix.

Also, anybody can be artistic. Mozart was a 7, Bach was a 3 and Brahms was a 6. Just to give some examples...

I would say 8w9.
    K so 4 simply comes down to how genuine one is with the outer world in who they are... I figure that there are also many 4s that aren't artistic

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

K so 4 simply comes down to how genuine one is with the outer world in who they are... I figure that there are also many 4s that aren't artistic
    The Enneagram Blogspot

Read the 4 description, as well as the 4 vs 6 misidentification.

Now let's get back to posting some more stereotypes.