• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTP 9w8

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Then again, me saying it's accurate is obviously biased as I wrote that a few years ago.
I actually mistyped originally as a 7, with other people occasionally thinking I'm a 7, though I have seen many 5s.
My diplomatic side actually works with my antisocial side as I do just enough to get people to leave me alone

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
You wrote that? Cool. I found it to be a pretty accurate description of myself. I don;t go out of my way to make myself liked, but I've made hardly any enemies in my time on this planet and am usually well liked at home and at work, despite being somewhat reserved and withdrawn.

Me neither. I just do whatever the Hell I want, especially when it comes to being a complete smartass and most people seem to like it (I annoy some STJs though).

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've had another 9w8 say "you're a smart aleck with a balance of not being too much of a jerk and calculative with it too." The STJs usually end up realizing that while I'm a constant smartass, I tend to get shit done better than others for the most part.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I ask questions a lot which initially might make me look annoying or stupid, but it's only to find out how and why things work or are assembled the way they are or why certain rules and procedures are in place. When my logic brain detects flaws or inconsistencies, I can't help but ask why. There is nothing I hate more than the answer "that's just how we've always done it" or "don't ask questions, you're not hired to think"

This is actually why I tend to become the Go-To Guy at different jobs. I want to know how everything works and why, so I can do my job easier. It's to the point where after I temporarily left one job, I still got texts afterwards asking how different stuff worked.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, my boss gets upset whenever I apply for a different position in our company. I think it's in part why I haven't been promoted. Why spend time and money on hiring new people when you've already got someone with extensive knowledge and experience in a certain dep't?

At one job, even after only a month or so there, when one supervisor got fired, I had fellow coworkers say I'd make a good supervisor because I already knew more than most people

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
super unknown

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
*falls into line*

There is something I've been thinking about recently. Just today a guy at work told me "I'm a good guy to know." I have a thrifty resourcefulness about myself - without bragging too hard, I keep my 'ear to the ground' through just about all my experience. I recall once a girl telling me a should be a lawyer. [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] defined my approach as "Occam's Science".

I wish senza tema were around to tell me of Ne use in Ti/Se types. Does this facet of myself lend to any form of Ne dominance, as ascribed by Jung?

"Whereas true extraverted intuition has a characteristic resourcefulness, and a 'good nose' for every possibility in objective reality, this archaic, extraverted intuition has an amazing flair for every ambiguous, gloomy, dirty, and dangerous possibility in the background of reality."

Granted, I am using the Si type as a conduit for my rationalization - I could just as easily find supporting evidence in the Ne profile. It simply is not as neatly conveyed.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ugh, I hate it when people tell me that. It only makes me more frustrated that I know more than most of my bosses and am still taking orders from them.

I'm lucky with my current job though. My manager knows that I know what I'm doing (I worked the first ever shift in that position) and regularly asks for my input on different things at the store (such as pricing).