User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Senior Member lue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111

    Default Do you relate to this quote?

    I thought this was beautiful, found it on the EI forum:

    Peace is a quality

    -not a pact, not an arrangement. It is everywhere it is fighting it is eating is sleeping is walking is looking is pain and tears and laughter and bleeding. It is activity and inactivity. It is the wind and the trees, it is the world and the laws of the universe.

    It isn't something like a compromise, it cannot be false in any way. It cannot be bargained or contracted or cheated or spoiled. It is there to be seen by those that can see it. It is a quality to carry with you into everything then there cannot be excess, cannot be too little, it is a perfect balance. Silent but engaged. Tranquillity with ferocious storms. It is a lot like the world because the world is always at peace.

    Mankind can know peace, it doesn't. Mankind is not at peace, it is always at war. It has never been with the fluttering of a struggling mallard or felt overcome by joy upon meeting it. It hasnt looked with sadness at the people playing their tricks upon you. Or with love upon the crows ripping the garbage bags. It has never let things BE and been with it. Never lived life and have it mature you.

    Mankind is against existence it lives an empty existence. It can produce only chaos.

    (Source)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lue View Post
    [...]
    Mankind is against existence it lives an empty existence. It can produce only chaos.
    Who would make such one-sided statements.

  3. #3
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Hm... not really. Seems like a very dim view of "mankind", and also not really how I would define peace
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  4. #4
    Senior Member lue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    Who would make such one-sided statements.
    I took the quote out of context (it was in a thread about the dark side of 9's). I can't speak to the creator's intent, but, the way I read it, communicating the idea about peace was bigger than that one statement.

  5. #5

    Default

    Not really feeling it. Sorry.

  6. #6
    Senior Member lue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Not really feeling it. Sorry.
    I guess it's just me then.

    No need to apologize, not that big of a deal.

  7. #7
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lue View Post
    I guess it's just me then.

    No need to apologize, not that big of a deal.
    What in the quote do you relate to?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  8. #8
    Senior Member lue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    What in the quote do you relate to?
    Not necessarily relate, but I thought it was beautiful. The whole idea about peace, and how it's a quality.

    I really liked this part:

    It is a quality to carry with you into everything then there cannot be excess, cannot be too little, it is a perfect balance. Silent but engaged. Tranquillity with ferocious storms. It is a lot like the world because the world is always at peace.
    When he said the world, I took it as the earth. How the earth works, Mother Nature, etc. The balance. Even when it's storming Mother Nature (the earth) is at peace.

  9. #9
    Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lue View Post
    I thought this was beautiful, found it on the EI forum:

    Peace is a quality

    -not a pact, not an arrangement. It is everywhere it is fighting it is eating is sleeping is walking is looking is pain and tears and laughter and bleeding. It is activity and inactivity. It is the wind and the trees, it is the world and the laws of the universe.

    It isn't something like a compromise, it cannot be false in any way. It cannot be bargained or contracted or cheated or spoiled. It is there to be seen by those that can see it. It is a quality to carry with you into everything then there cannot be excess, cannot be too little, it is a perfect balance. Silent but engaged. Tranquillity with ferocious storms. It is a lot like the world because the world is always at peace.

    Mankind can know peace, it doesn't. Mankind is not at peace, it is always at war. It has never been with the fluttering of a struggling mallard or felt overcome by joy upon meeting it. It hasnt looked with sadness at the people playing their tricks upon you. Or with love upon the crows ripping the garbage bags. It has never let things BE and been with it. Never lived life and have it mature you.

    Mankind is against existence it lives an empty existence. It can produce only chaos.

    (Source)
    Sounds like some Taoist holistic kind of philosophy.

  10. #10
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    There are elements in that I can.

    I agree that peace is a quality, pact's and arrangements etc are typically compromises of sorts, they can just as easily be broken as made, there's insecurity in that, which is not peace. I think peace should mean more than just the absence/cessation of conflict.

    The way nature acts can be violent and unforgiving and yet there is a balance with it that I could see as 'peace' in a way. It just is, and not for malicious or greedy reasons. I'm not convinced that peace is the correct word though, it's more that things flow in a full circle way.

    And this is something that mankind does not have because people aren't happy with balance or accepting what comes, there's a need for more, it results in great creation, and great destruction, but it is manufactured not peace, it is (and I state this without intending judgement) embracing of chaos.

    Mankind is against existence it lives an empty existence. It can produce only chaos.
    I disagree with that though, not just in an idealistic way, individuals can live with peace, and chaos is not inherently a bad thing that would cause an "empty existence", even in the larger scheme of things.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you relate to this, or no?
    By DBPhenomE in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 01:16 AM
  2. [INFJ] Do you relate to this? (General portrayal of INFJ)
    By Jellyfish1234 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 05:03 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ and Fi, do you relate to this?
    By infiniterandomness11 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 09:01 PM
  4. [sx] sx/sps do you relate to this?
    By badger055 in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 12:21 AM
  5. [NF] NF's - do you relate to this?
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO