MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    w/r to 1w2, these are the top things IME:

1) Encourage us to cut ourselves some slack/help us put things into perspective, when we're stressed out or upset about something (which is a lot of the time, lol); and
    2) Recognize how hard we work to keep things running smoothly, and/or offering to help. We can get pretty resentful if we find ourselves doing all the work without any sort of acknowledgment, appreciation, or help.

There are probably more things, but I can't think of them at the moment. @Hard?

+ Push back a little. We obviously don't want to be worked against, but complete acquiessence feels like a cop out and belays a sense of apathy which is very unappealing.

+ Match our effort. Doesn't have to be in the same area either, but just over all. If you're going well above us, we'll likely feel really inadequet which can cause problems, and if it's well below it's likely to create resentment.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes EJCC liked this post

Enneagram
    N/A

I would like a 1s opinion on this:

Are all ones interested in making the outer environment perfect? Or can the kind of person to focus on themselves? It's just that when I see descriptions of them... it sounds like they are always angry at other people and want to fix other people. I ask b/c I think I might know a type 1 who internalizes it a bit more and is constantly trying to structure her life so she can reach personal goals such as study X number of hours, eat healthier, ....or over all be a better Medical Doctor.
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post

Are all ones interested in making the outer environment perfect? Or can the kind of person to focus on themselves? It's just that when I see descriptions of them... it sounds like they are always angry at other people and want to fix other people. I ask b/c I think I might know a type 1 who internalizes it a bit more and is constantly trying to structure her life so she can reach personal goals such as study X number of hours, eat healthier, ....or over all be a better Medical Doctor.
    Simply put: We only have so much energy. We won't be able to try and "perfect" everything. Early on we realize that and put our resources where we can. Where they go is left up to the individual. i.e. we choose our battles.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post

The assumption with 1 descriptions, I think, is that the 1s of average health aren't very self-aware. That they're more likely to blame others instead of themselves, and therefore more likely to want to fix others instead of themselves, because they see themselves as much more "correct", or at least better judges of correctness. "Do as I say, not as I do", etc. However, that isn't always the case -- for example, I'm a lot like the potential 1 that you're describing, in that I focus more on self-improvement than on outside improvement ("the only person you can control is yourself"). As another example, @Hard includes himself, and others, when deciding what can/should be controlled/fixed in any given situation (per his above comment).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!