The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm not like the INFJs here in that I feel the need to first ascertain whether an individual's intentions are good (towards me or in general I guess)...and then with that respond or dismiss and ignore. While 'good intentions' has meaning for me in my private life and social realm... once I step into an intellectual arena... 'good intentions' receives no more positive value than 'bad.' They are quite equal to me here as there's much to learn from both sources. And here's why I do want to know what I'm dealing with. IOW, it won't change *if* I will engage you and value what you have to say. But it will alter what I'm looking for, what I bring in and how I process the information, etc. <-Again, these are neutral measures and truth be told I'm often more leary of people with good intentions haha because I find the dishonesty can at times be on a grander scale. But I want to know and with you it's very hard to tell. You really do put off a vibe of artificial surface innocence...while underneath attempting to make people dance and look like fools. Which I don't have a problem with...if this is in fact the case. I'll even dance and look like a fool... but for my intellectual pursuits...I want to understand who I'm dancing for.

The comments I made that you are referencing above...they were misunderstood by you and I became confused myself preoccupied with the concerns I just wrote about. So let me explain it one more time because ultimately the message was a simple one.

With regards to the written word...as it pertains to both the ENFP and INFP. People are looking for the fantastical...the whimsical...the airy, spacey, bubbly and bizarre. <-When people see this...this is Ne to them. This is what says to them Ne-user (Ne dom/aux)

^^ I was saying 'No.' I've actually seen a handful of members completely mistyped by the entire forum basically supporting this obvious 'Ne indicator'... and it's absolute bullshit...ranking 2nd in my world to members getting typed as N if they demonstrate an intellectual leaning. Do we write spacey and at times at a tl:dr length? Of course we do. Right alongside a whole bunch of other individuals and types that do just the same. What I said was this..."Let us not look for Ne in a hundred silly sentences...but in the one powerful (not whimsical) sentence with a hundred profound thoughts." <-That's Ne.

It doesn't feel like a competition.

I didn't read your post all the way through but rather I'm reading sections and responding as I go... I meant my critical tone for the reasons I outlined above. As for e7 there may be a link in our responses (me/sis). I'm pretty sure your sister is ESFP... I know we are impatient as e7 and pushy. So maybe with your sis there's a *This* is the information I need to answer your question and I've grown weary of your imagery...give me *This* so we can move forward now. <-This is in a sense precisely how I feel when coming up against what I described in my first paragraph...which to say this is not an attempt to throw the blame back onto you. What I described is something you may want to consider because e7s aren't the only type that is coming up against something in you. I wouldn't have thought to admit to this had you not brought it up but yes, I am impatient as I can't move forward without certain things and will become exasperated and critical...especially if I'm taking the time to ask for them.

I have a vague understanding that I have seen the movie Amelie...but have no recollection of this character and don't remember it as being a caricature. I can't say I was offended...My reaction goes back to being unable to determine what your intent is/was. I was also under the impression it was quite obvious my comments were meant to be amusing...in spite of the fact there is truth there for me. If a self-proclaimed e4 relates so strongly to Clementine that they actually believe she's "also a 4" that's ridiculous in my mind and oh hell yah I'm thinking elves or chemical toxins are involved. But that's it. That's the end of the joke. I have no joke for Amelie.
    I don't feel profound enough for Ne or creative enough for Ne, but it best describes how I see the world and take things in.

By the way, we are all insane, I just am sane enough to know it. :P
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Only if we have yet to accomplish all that we've set our hearts on.... which would take centuries, so yes.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have a seven wing and I would describe it more as I refuse to be old and naturally gravitate towards life and learning new things. I have always liked that Crosby Stills and Nash song (um I think that's them) Byrds song where he says "but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

I think real bona fide fear of being old probably seizes people who have 7 as a disintegration point. Like I am one of those people who so far embraces each stage of my life, and tried to live it up so much when I was younger that I am ok with growing up and becoming middle aged. I always thought that the people who fear getting old are the opposite, like they got "trapped" or by choice resigned themselves to a very straight laced life then all of a sudden around 45 or 50 they start acting like an asshole to everyone who loves and depends on them, because they spent so much time being repressed.

I don't know.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I fear wasting my time a lot more than getting old.

I've always had good health and the lifestyle I'm leading probably greatly reduces the risk of health problems later in life. My dad suffers from a lot of ailments that comes with old age, but he never took any care of himself either. So despite having a genetic disposition for certain conditions, I think I'm doing a better job at taking proactive measures, and thus don't fear becoming old. I'll save the worrying for when the problems come knocking on my door.

Writing this out, I also realized this is a very E7 "nothing bad will happen to me" wishful line of thinking and possible negligence of potential problems.
    The bolded. Yes that is me. Even at seventeen.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    See this is what I mean. 7s aren't thinking about it - that's why they stay young. I try my best to adopt this mentality.
    I'm starting to see why a couple of people thought I am a seven. When I first started on this site five years ago people thought I was in my early twenties, but I was in my late twenties. I have now adopted an Internet voice that makes me look OLDER (in fact some one on Personality Cafe thought I was older and shocked that I was "young and pretty")....I am a writer though so it's unfortunately a bit easy for me to slip into character to vent my neuroses, I also did this as an adult entertainer, the me who is me but not really totally me).

I just don't feel even as old as I am. I almost want to adopt the old adage of telling people it's rude to ask a lady her age or her weight. I sometimes forget my age. It doesn't really matter past about 25 unless you are trying to get the senior discount at IHOP.

My hero is probably Auntie Mame, the ESFP E7. Just the person who doesn't see age at all as an indicator of what you are "supposed to do." There's a grace in accepting your age with dignity and strength as my ESFP E9w8 mother has done, she totally lost her vanity, became wild long gray haired mountain woman, but still obtained her M.A., raised grandchildren and cooks healthy gourmet meals. She didn't slow down, she changed her priority with grace and dignity. At 40 she was still "hot"...she adapted, good old Se dom. I hate when people in their 50s and 60s are desperate to be young in a plastic surgery sort of way.
    Likes Animal liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I think real bona fide fear of being old probably seizes people who have 7 as a disintegration point.
    Maybe my growing discomfort with aging is that bit of 5 in me. It makes sense that it could come from knowing deep down that you're repressing yourself in the face of potential, and if you miss out, it will all be your own fault. But on the other hand, forever going "I'm not prepared yet...just wait, time..."

I think this will be a major theme I'll have to make right with in the next half of my 20s - good.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Yes, I fear getting old because I'm aware that my fertility has a shelf life (forget the fact that I don't know yet if I even want kids, I just don't want the option taken away from me) and because I don't want to stop being hot. That said, I think I'll age gracefully enough.

Then there's the whole "I can't eat like shit anymore??" and "Why am I hungover after two drinks" and "Oh, breast self exams and pap smears are a regular thing now?" but that really doesn't bother me so I don't know why I brought it up. Age-related arthritis sounds unpleasant but that's so far away it might as well be unreal right now.

I used to whine about my age a lot when dating a younger guy (actually, when haven't I dated a younger guy, haha) but that wasn't so much a fear of getting old as it was a fear that we weren't evenly matched in terms of life needs and experience (which turned out to be totally true).