User Tag List

First 1234 Last

No, I really don't. Looks like a good time to me.

brainheart

Ok. I'd say that puts the husband back into the 6w7 camp. Thanks.

The irony, of course, is that people think he's ten years younger than he is. To others he puts on a positive, youthful face, but then he comes home to me and obsessively freaks out/complains about getting old- not due to vanity, but because he fears he will no longer be able to do the things he loves. He's really scared about being old and boring and not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Ok. I'd say that puts the husband back into the 6w7 camp. Thanks.

The irony, of course, is that people think he's ten years younger than he is. To others he puts on a positive, youthful face, but then he comes home to me and obsessively freaks out/complains about getting old- not due to vanity, but because he fears he will no longer be able to do the things he loves. He's really scared about being old and boring and not fun.

If what he fears are the limitations brought on by age I certainly wouldn't rule-out 7...

whoops...iow...he's merely made that connection where the rest of us might be in denial about it or are over-optimistic that we won't be limited in a significant way due to age... BUT that is the 7 core fear he's describing. What he is ultimately fearing is being deprived.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    If what he fears are the limitations brought on by age I certainly wouldn't rule-out 7...
    Yeah? Well that's exactly what it is, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Yeah? Well that's exactly what it is, 100%.
    whoops...sorry brainheart I didn't know you were right here. I added to my post did you see...?

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    whoops...sorry brainheart I didn't know you were right here. I added to my post did you see...?
    Just now. Thanks

Well the thing is he now has this reactive arthritis which has created a newfound awareness of his limitations, plus his dad died. Before that I think he felt pretty invincible. Those two events within a year marred his formerly rosy outlook.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah..my enfp father was probably also a 7 and he never wanted to be old. i think it was a vanity thing tho...sort of. i mean it mattered to him that he was nice looking and turned heads i think....but also i think he just didn't want to lose his ability to be free and adventurous
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Damn. I thought my post was so 7ish. Looks like I put a lot more thought in "not thinking about this" than our resident 7s. *blush*
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    yeah..my enfp father was probably also a 7 and he never wanted to be old. i think it was a vanity thing tho...sort of. i mean it mattered to him that he was nice looking and turned heads i think....but also i think he just didn't want to lose his ability to be free and adventurous
    What do you think your dad's dominant instinct is? My husband's is probably social and I think with that comes this egalitarianism with others- like he doesn't want to be 'too' good looking. He's flattered that others think he's younger than he is, but he kind of wants to blend in with the others in his social group as well. I feel like he's kind of always toeing the line of standing out/not standing out.

My thing is ... it's like he never thought about dying before all of this happened, which is so foreign to me. As a four, thinking about dying is one of my favorite pastimes, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Damn. I thought my post was so 7ish. Looks like I put a lot more thought in "not thinking about this" than our resident 7s. *blush*
    Fwiw Animal...I could easily put you into the 7 camp. Your experience (going off of my interpretation of your post)...it majorly 7. We've actually discussed this many times here. Many 7 get stricken with physical issues because they are ignoring the emotional. Again, this is very, very common.

Your struggles merely made you... no longer capable of fleeing in the ways you did prior. The same thing happened to me.