User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Extroversion means "oriented toward the object", as per the original definition of Jung. Is that what you mean?

I "vibe" it as "not inwardly focused" or "requiring external input". Introversion, contrariwise, vibes for me as "lives inside one's head" or "is entertained by one's own mind/thoughts".
    Yes. I think this can be more difficult to see online than in person. But in person I think- if you pick up on this sort of stuff- it's pretty obvious.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@brainheart
    this book really drives home the importance of finding one's subtype due to the differences they can bring within the same type. for example, I used to view 4s as petty seeking, over-sensitive whiners, but it turns out that's only the Social 4. Sp 4 is more "nobly suffering in silence" and Sexual 4 is more "feisty opera diva"/"jealous ex boyfriend/girlfriend".
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Expand on what? Are you talking to me? Please tell me, oh cryptic Lady.

@Animal, @Starry, @Sanjuro, when I talk about extroverts vs introverts, I don't think I'm talking about in the same terms as you are. I don't mean 'out there living it up with bunches of people and being really loud', it's more of a vibe. I guess it's picking up on the cognitive function more than anything, and it's something I did before I knew about Jung. It's just a feeling. Sorry for being so nebulous.
    i'm sorry that was my first tapatalk post. i thought i was quoting! haha but i think it was for the op.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @brainheart
    this book really drives home the importance of finding one's subtype due to the differences they can bring within the same type. for example, I used to view 4s as petty seeking, over-sensitive whiners, but it turns out that's only the Social 4. Sp 4 is more "nobly suffering in silence" and Sexual 4 is more "feisty opera diva"/"jealous ex boyfriend/girlfriend".
    I think you're overgeneralizing, especially because people tend to have a blend of instincts vs a pure instinct. That said, I would say self pres fours can appear like the more 'low maintenance' /autonomous fours, social fours can seem more shy and sensitive, and sexual fours can seem more demanding/reactive. I actually think sexual fours are often not the jealous ex because they are typically the ones doing the leaving due to the relationship not living up to their standards.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think you're overgeneralizing, especially because people tend to have a blend of instincts vs a pure instinct. That said, I would say self pres fours can appear like the more 'low maintenance' /autonomous fours, social fours can seem more shy and sensitive, and sexual fours can seem more demanding/reactive. I actually think sexual fours are often not the jealous ex because they are typically the ones doing the leaving due to the relationship not living up to their standards.
    I was, in order to make a point.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Animal, @Starry, @Sanjuro, when I talk about extroverts vs introverts, I don't think I'm talking about in the same terms as you are. I don't mean 'out there living it up with bunches of people and being really loud', it's more of a vibe. I guess it's picking up on the cognitive function more than anything, and it's something I did before I knew about Jung. It's just a feeling. Sorry for being so nebulous.
    That could be, actually--in terms of what I've read of "cognitive extraversion" (which I don't understand to the same degree as enneagram, mind you), I definitely do fit the criterion there. My mind is clearly on the external world, and I am clearly charged up by interacting with it in some form; I NEED external processing--I'm just very socially withdrawn.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I just wanted to say that 4's in general are passionate, there's not a complete lack of sx even in the sx-lasts. From my experience, 4's have features of every instinct despite their actual stacking, more so than any other type. Sx-last 4's might even come across as more passionate, not because they are, but because their idealized self-image may have a more passionate vibe. Think Morrissey (so/sp) vs Bob Dylan (sx/sp). I don't think Morrissey in person is very passionate (not as much as people believe), but his celebrity identity is. This is why typing 4's may be hard, all of us have different ideal self-images we always try living up to. This may change our behavior to some degree. So shut up about sx and passion already. Social-dom 4 AND a three-wing causes some big differences between public image and private life.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hey thanks It also made me realize that I'm married to a so/sx (maybe even sx/so?) 7w6 not a so/sx 6w7, which shined a light on a lot of things.

It's a good book.
    hey i don't remember knowing this. awesome we should totally be life support mentors or something.haha will have to pick up this book. off to see if amazon has a kindle version so i don't have to wait.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    That could be, actually--in terms of what I've read of "cognitive extraversion" (which I don't understand to the same degree as enneagram, mind you), I definitely do fit the criterion there. My mind is clearly on the external world, and I am clearly charged up by interacting with it in some form; I NEED external processing--I'm just very socially withdrawn.
    Same.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I just wanted to say that 4's in general are passionate, there's not a complete lack of sx even in the sx-lasts. From my experience, 4's have features of every instinct despite their actual stacking, more so than any other type. Sx-last 4's might even come across as more passionate, not because they are, but because their idealized self-image may have a more passionate vibe. Think Morrissey (so/sp) vs Bob Dylan (sx/sp). I don't think Morrissey in person is very passionate (not as much as people believe), but his celebrity identity is. This is why typing 4's may be hard, all of us have different ideal self-images we always try living up to. This may change our behavior to some degree. So shut up about sx and passion already. Social-dom 4 AND a three-wing causes some big differences between public image and private life.
    The SX instinct isn't about passion. It's about what drives that passion. For that matter, type 4 isn't about passion either; it's also about what drives someone's passion.

Anyone can be passionate.

My So-6 NT friend can make music and art that out-passions mine in his sleep. Sometimes cerebral, detached people are even more passionate when they express emotion because they hold it in the rest of the time.

Those who can only see passion that's "in your face" are missing the truth of what passion IS. Passion that runs deepest is often hidden. It boils beneath the surface. If it comes out too easily, it's explosive, but it's not a deep drive, it's not the force that drives you, it's not the dreams and fears and desires that keep you up at night.

The idea that a 4 is more passionate than another type, or that an SX type is more passionate than another type, would only derive from shallow thinking. Things are not always what they seem at surface. And not even all SX4s, will passionately express themselves in every possible setting. To speak for myself, my manner of expressing myself might appear direct, explosive, emotional… but the things that have deepest personal meaning to me, I will protect with my dear life; they are sacred. This is what I would call "passion," and I am not so quick to spill my deepest passions out for the world to prod.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se