User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Well, I'm INFP as all get out, so there's that. I very much feel my Fi strongly and always have. I was a total Fi kid, not a Ne kid. I feel like I have more in common with ISFPs than ENFPs. My ENXP friends in high school actually thought I was too boring, too normal because I didn't do the wacky Ne thing.

INFPs get caught up in possibilities like ENFPs. My very much also an INFP friend goes through the whole confusion with tritypes as well. But our focus priority is always turned inward at how we feel about it. So when I read something like that self pres description and my Fi tells me, through my emotions, that it's right, I believe it.

But onto what you said- Jung starts off his chapter on personality types by explaining the difference between introverts and extroverts. He says the differences are obvious and quite simple. I agree.
    I hope you don't think I'm challenging your type (?) The ENFP comment was primarily a joke. Stemming from observation that the only people that are convinced they're ENFPs are ESFJs (actual ENFPs constantly question their type and rarely identify with the descriptions.) It wasn't necessarily meant to be taken literally. Likewise, I was merely curious about socially introverted = not a real phenomenon...because...I consider myself to be this way...that's all. Thanks though

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I hope you don't think I'm challenging your type (?) The ENFP comment was primarily a joke. Stemming from observation that the only people that are convinced they're ENFPs are ESFJs (actual ENFPs constantly question their type and rarely identify with the descriptions.) It wasn't necessarily meant to be taken literally. Likewise, I was merely curious about socially introverted = not a real phenomenon...because...I consider myself to be this way...that's all. Thanks though
    Just to add onto that...my ESFJ bestie got ENFP on a test earlier today and thought she was. But then I told her why she was ESFJ and she was like "ugh you know me too well"

(sorry for the derail brainheart)

Personally, you seemed sx/sp to me. But I don't have a really developed idea about what kind of person you are yet. So just my opinion.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

ENFP descriptions are total bullshit. I avoid ENFP forums altogether and on Perc I couldn't help going on the ENFP forum - just once or twice - to start threads like "ENFP lets talk about your NIGHTMARES and DARK SIDE" and writing a bunch of bloody crude posts to get the fluffy bunnies out of their cheerleading. "ENFP here and need to cuddle all day long" - what a joke!

The only way to figure it out is break it down one function at a time, JCF style. I find MBTI descriptions in general to be a total joke - useless, pointless and often very off base. Enneagram is the "why" and MBTI is the "how" - so an enneagram description has to be read with that in mind, but an MBTI personality description just makes no sense on principle.

I've never related to any ENFP description, aside from the occasional Inferior-Si description which is a more realistic portrayal of problems that ENFPs actually have. As far as functions are concerned, mine are clear - though I could see a case for INFP, but I'm clearly Ne/Fi first in some order. Based on the relatively decent Te and shitty (and overwhelming) Si, and also that my creative function seems to be Fi… and IEE makes most sense in socionics, I stick with ENFP. But my personality is nothing like an ENFP description and on tests I always score INTJ.

All that being said I don't really "question" my functions because I as taught JCF style, one function at a time and that makes perfect sense through that lens. I also laugh at the "ENFPs are so kewl" nonsense. I'd love me some sensuous Se and some nice, concise Ni. Ne helps me conceive of a fantasy series but then I get overwhelmed with details for years and can't write anything concise. I've edited this post about 10 times to add "just one more thought" . Shuttup Ne! :P
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

brainheart

Hey no, it's cool. Is it true that ESFJs think they're ENFPs? That's wild. I've known ENFPs who are obviously ENFPs and seem to be pretty comfortable with that. As a non-ENFP, though, I feel like I can spot Ne doms a mile away. I do have a good friend who thought she was an INFP at first but changed it to ENFP pretty quickly. She began to notice how much energy she got from other people. I went to high school with her and I always thought the Ne was pretty blatant. Anyhoo...

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    ENFP descriptions are total bullshit. I don't know any real ENFP who is like that. I avoid ENFP forums altogether and on Perc I couldn't help going on the ENFP forum - just once or twice - to start threads like "ENFP lets talk about your NIGHTMARES and DARK SIDE" and writing a bunch of bloody crude posts to get the fluffy bunnies out of their cheerleading. "ENFP here and need to cuddle all day long" - what a joke!

The only way to figure it out is break it down one function at a time, JCF style. I find MBTI descriptions in general to be a total joke - useless, pointless and often very off base. Enneagram is the "why" and MBTI is the "how" - so an enneagram description has to be read with that in mind, but an MBTI personality description just makes no sense on principle.

I've never related to any ENFP description, aside from the occasional Inferior-Si description which is a more realistic portrayal of problems that ENFPs actually have. As far as functions are concerned, mine are clear - though I could see a case for INFP, but I'm clearly Ne/Fi first in some order. Based on the relatively decent Te and overwhelmingly shitty Si, and also that my creative function seems to be Fi… and IEE makes most sense in socionics, I stick with ENFP. But my personality is nothing like an ENFP description and on tests I always score INTJ.
    I don't relate to most INFP descriptions either. They have a heavy nine slant. And I agree, it's like they think ENFPs are a bunch of Robin Williams. ENFP is more subtle than that. But I will reiterate, to an INFP, it seems pretty obvious. I agree, also that seeing the inferior and tertiary in action can help. I definitely do the tertiary Si thing and my Te is so damn inferior it's not even funny.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I don't relate to most INFP descriptions either. They have a heavy nine slant. And I agree, it's like they think ENFPs are a bunch of Robin Williams. ENFP is more subtle than that. But I will reiterate, to an INFP, it seems pretty obvious. I agree, also that seeing the inferior and tertiary in action can help. I definitely do the tertiary Si thing and my Te is so damn inferior it's not even funny.
    I'm not sure what slant ENFP descriptions have - I would say 7, except that would be a superficial 7 description and not what 7s are really like either. :/ But it's definitely NOT a 4 slant, that is for sure.

Yeah I know what you mean. I can spot an INTJ a mile away, maybe because they set my mind on fire and make my heart sing/ break??? :/ I noticed that trend recently and now what has been seen cannot be unseen and I fail to miss them. I usually want to hug them and kill them at the same time. Apparently this applies to INTJs on the whole rather than a particular enneagram type, though INTJ 6 is apparently the recipe for perfect, beautiful torture.

hehe.

Do you think there are trends - for example, a 4SP would be more likely to be INFP while a 4SX is more likely ENFP, or unrelated? I have no real opinion but I am curious where others stand on such issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Just to add onto that...my ESFJ bestie got ENFP on a test earlier today and thought she was. But then I told her why she was ESFJ and she was like "ugh you know me too well"

(sorry for the derail brainheart)

Personally, you seemed sx/sp to me. But I don't have a really developed idea about what kind of person you are yet. So just my opinion.
    ^yup and agreed.

ENFP descriptions are total bullshit. I avoid ENFP forums altogether and on Perc I couldn't help going on the ENFP forum - just once or twice - to start threads like "ENFP lets talk about your NIGHTMARES and DARK SIDE" and writing a bunch of bloody crude posts to get the fluffy bunnies out of their cheerleading. "ENFP here and need to cuddle all day long" - what a joke!

I've never related to any ENFP description, aside from the occasional Inferior-Si description which is a more realistic portrayal of problems that ENFPs actually have. As far as functions are concerned, mine are clear - though I could see a case for INFP, but I'm clearly Ne/Fi first in some order. Based on the relatively decent Te and shitty (and overwhelming) Si, and also that my creative function seems to be Fi… and IEE makes most sense in socionics, I stick with ENFP. But my personality is nothing like an ENFP description and on tests I always score INTJ.

All that being said I don't really "question" my functions because I as taught JCF style, one function at a time and that makes perfect sense through that lens. I also laugh at the "ENFPs are so kewl" nonsense. I'd love me some sensuous Se and some nice, concise Ni. Ne helps me conceive of a fantasy series but then I get overwhelmed with details for years and can't write anything concise. I've edited this post about 10 times to add "just one more thought" . Shuttup Ne! :P

^^Yes to you as well Animal. ESFJ 3w2 & 2w3 <--those are your fluffy bunnies.

And it's funny that you mentioned nightmares because not all that long ago I was sitting with a group which included an ESFJ that said 'let's talk about our childhood nightmares'...and proceeds to tell of a dream where he was in a swimming pool...and then Captain Hook was there and was swimming towards him and almost scratched him with his hook hand.

I totally sat there quietly waiting for more but that was it...and I was like "What the fuck???" I thought there was no way I could share one of my childhood nightmares omg.

Hey no, it's cool. Is it true that ESFJs think they're ENFPs? That's wild. I've known ENFPs who are obviously ENFPs and seem to be pretty comfortable with that. As a non-ENFP, though, I feel like I can spot Ne doms a mile away. I do have a good friend who thought she was an INFP at first but changed it to ENFP pretty quickly. She began to notice how much energy she got from other people. I went to high school with her and I always thought the Ne was pretty blatant. Anyhoo...

If the person/people are interesting to me I will obtain energy from the interaction...but if they are not...the interaction will suck the Life out of me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

^^Yes to you as well Animal. ESFJ 3w2 & 2w3 <--those are your fluffy bunnies.
    Human bunnies scare me. *-*

Seriously, my list of true phobias is short. My other phobias are related to my body (vomiting, having part of my body numb for a procedure, etc). Not many things in the world SCARE me the way happy-fluff-bunny people do.

And it's funny that you mentioned nightmares because not all that long ago I was sitting with a group which included an ESFJ that said 'let's talk about our childhood nightmares'...and proceeds to tell of a dream where he was in a swimming pool...and then Captain Hook was there and was swimming towards him and almost scratched him with his hook hand.

I totally sat there quietly waiting for more but that was it...and I was like "What the fuck???" I thought there was no way I could share one of my childhood nightmares omg.
    Hahaha. yeah.. I love music videos for this reason.. some of them mirror parts of my nightmares.

If the person/people are interesting to me I will obtain energy from the interaction...but if they are not...the interaction will suck the Life out of me.
    YES.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@Starry @brainheart

Just saw the other posts. I'm socially introverted. *shrug* This is why I consider INFP. Though I'm not sure what counts as introverted. Maybe I'm ambiverted. I don't leave the house or socialize much though. In some periods when I'm doing music it requires more socialization, but when I'm writing.. like for the last three years.. I've probably had less than 20 social outings, total, in that whole 3 years. The rest of my social life is online, dinner with family, or friends staying at my house for short periods from afar. I'm also quiet in social settings, but its hard to gage how much is circumstantial because I speak in a whisper. That being said I was quite shy with other kids as a kid, but very talkative with adults. However with people I know, I can talk a lot. Is that introverted or extroverted?

Sorry if that is rambly, but, I really don't understand the difference between "socially introverted" and "socially extroverted" and where the line is drawn, though I understand the difference cognitively / in JFC terms.

Human bunnies scare me. *-*

Seriously, my list of true phobias is short. My other phobias are related to my body (vomiting, having part of my body numb for a procedure, etc). Not many things in the world SCARE me the way happy-fluff-bunny people do.

Hahaha. yeah.. I love music videos for this reason.. some of them mirror parts of my nightmares.

YES.

To this day...the cast of Friends haunts my dreams/nightmares.