User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 101

  1. #11
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Thanks for posting more details, @brainheart. I enjoy reading more in-depth information on things like this. I think that since I have what I'll call an 'uncertain' reaction to the sp-dom descriptions, meaning, it doesn't really hit me as 'wham' at the center of my chest, doesn't really 'speak' to me, though I *understand* and can somewhat relate to elements of it, it must mean I'm accurately typed, in NOT being sp dom.

    Anyway, thanks.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  2. #12
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    @Peguy, no there aren't stacking descriptions, just individual instincts. To be brief, social fours lament and perceive themselves as less than others- they are victims. Sexual fours are competitive and act like they are better than others. Social fours display their suffering while sexual fours are more likely to make others suffer.

  3. #13
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Thanks for posting more details, @brainheart. I enjoy reading more in-depth information on things like this. I think that since I have what I'll call an 'uncertain' reaction to the sp-dom descriptions, meaning, it doesn't really hit me as 'wham' at the center of my chest, doesn't really 'speak' to me, though I *understand* and can somewhat relate to elements of it, it must mean I'm accurately typed, in NOT being sp dom.

    Anyway, thanks.
    Yeah, that's the reaction I had while reading the other subtypes as well. I related to more of the sexual than the social, though. But with neither, no 'wham'.

    I'll try to post the sexual and social later, but I need to get other stuff done now.

  4. #14
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Peguy, no there aren't stacking descriptions, just individual instincts. To be brief, social fours lament and perceive themselves as less than others- they are victims. Sexual fours are competitive and act like they are better than others. Social fours display their suffering while sexual fours are more likely to make others suffer.
    Ah, so-dom is accurate. Not a lovely description, and I honestly think I keep a lot of that in check, but I suppose none of the enneagram stuff in the end is that 'lovey'. It's just real/more raw.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  5. #15
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Peguy, no there aren't stacking descriptions, just individual instincts. To be brief, social fours lament and perceive themselves as less than others- they are victims. Sexual fours are competitive and act like they are better than others. Social fours display their suffering while sexual fours are more likely to make others suffer.
    Ok thanks, I was just curious if there was more information on the matter. I was curious whether I could be so/sp; but the information presented here seems to point more towards Sp/So as I thought.

  6. #16
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Ah, so-dom is accurate. Not a lovely description, and I honestly think I keep a lot of that in check, but I suppose none of the enneagram stuff in the end is that 'lovey'. It's just real/more raw.
    I see social fours as being sweet. There's something very endearing about them. But yes, enneagram is more real/raw, and I like that about it.

  7. #17
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I see social fours as being sweet. There's something very endearing about them. But yes, enneagram is more real/raw, and I like that about it.
    Ah, interesting. I've been called 'sweet' often enough for it to be more of a theme. Yes, same reason I like enneagram too. I think it's more helpful at working through and identifying core 'life issues', and I at least find it more impactful than mbti.

    Edit: Also what I love about enneagram is how well it captures different 'flavors'/auras of a given type -- i.e. your summaries of so-dom vs sp-dom vs sx-dom really highlight some major differences between the three, and consequently how differently each can 'vibe'/come across.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  8. #18
    Senior Member Cloud of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Peguy and @Qlip, it's really long but I'll do my best. I think different things will resonate for different self pres fours. In other words, it's not all going to necessarily fit. But the things that fit... well, it ugh...


    Self pres fours communicate their envy and suffering to others less than the other subtypes. They are more stoic and don't talk about their suffering much.

    They strive to get what they long for. But whatever they get never feels like enough.

    Less likely to communicate sensitivity, suffering, shame or envy even though they feel them just as deeply as the other fours. They swallow a lot without complaining. Endurance is a virtue.

    Suffer in silence. This is how they think they will be redeemed and earn love. Make a virtue of toughing out difficulties without talking about them in the hopes that others will see this and admire them for it, thereby helping them to meet their needs. Bear a lot of suffering and frustration through internalization.

    Very self-demanding. Develop an ability to do without. Test and challenge themselves. They don't allow themselves the experience of living in or from their fragility.

    A humanitarian with an empathetic and nurturing disposition, self pres fours are sensitive to the needy. This is how they project their pain outward, addressing it through others' suffering instead of talking about their own. They try to take care of others' pain so they don't have to fully deal with their own suffering.

    More masochistic than melodramatic. Masochism is the ego strategy for getting love. Devalue themselves in important ways. Want to be seen as strong and resilient. This stems from their childhood desire for their parents to see them as a person who doesn't complain, and is a good child because they don't ask for much.

    They may make efforts to get what they need and want while simultaneously unconsciously working against themselves. (One form of masochism.) And so:

    Impulsive/not impulsive; desire to be happy but then make themselves unhappy; focus on improving and dealing with problems/postpone actions that would make this happen; Wear self out by seeking and striving in areas they know they will fail, which will ensure the perpetuation of a cycle of effort and devaluation. Ambitious, but deny and work against ambitions.

    May resemble a one or three in focus on self-sufficiency, autonomy, working hard, but will be more emotional, even if they don't express it externally. Also, they will thwart their own efforts vs actually achieving like the three would.

    Can also look like a type seven because they express a need to be light. May display the high energy characteristics of sevens, and may have a need for fun/playfulness as an escape from having to do tough things all the time. May appear less melancholy for this reason than other fours, a little more sunny and lighthearted.
    OMG, all of this applies to me. It all makes sense now.
    The only way out is through. The faster you're in, the better.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Peguy and @Qlip, it's really long but I'll do my best. I think different things will resonate for different self pres fours. In other words, it's not all going to necessarily fit. But the things that fit... well, it ugh...


    Self pres fours communicate their envy and suffering to others less than the other subtypes. They are more stoic and don't talk about their suffering much.

    They strive to get what they long for. But whatever they get never feels like enough.

    Less likely to communicate sensitivity, suffering, shame or envy even though they feel them just as deeply as the other fours. They swallow a lot without complaining. Endurance is a virtue.

    Suffer in silence. This is how they think they will be redeemed and earn love. Make a virtue of toughing out difficulties without talking about them in the hopes that others will see this and admire them for it, thereby helping them to meet their needs. Bear a lot of suffering and frustration through internalization.

    Very self-demanding. Develop an ability to do without. Test and challenge themselves. They don't allow themselves the experience of living in or from their fragility.


    A humanitarian with an empathetic and nurturing disposition, self pres fours are sensitive to the needy. This is how they project their pain outward, addressing it through others' suffering instead of talking about their own. They try to take care of others' pain so they don't have to fully deal with their own suffering.

    More masochistic than melodramatic. Masochism is the ego strategy for getting love. Devalue themselves in important ways. Want to be seen as strong and resilient. This stems from their childhood desire for their parents to see them as a person who doesn't complain, and is a good child because they don't ask for much.

    They may make efforts to get what they need and want while simultaneously unconsciously working against themselves. (One form of masochism.) And so:

    Impulsive/not impulsive; desire to be happy but then make themselves unhappy; focus on improving and dealing with problems/postpone actions that would make this happen; Wear self out by seeking and striving in areas they know they will fail, which will ensure the perpetuation of a cycle of effort and devaluation. Ambitious, but deny and work against ambitions.


    May resemble a one or three in focus on self-sufficiency, autonomy, working hard, but will be more emotional, even if they don't express it externally. Also, they will thwart their own efforts vs actually achieving like the three would.

    Can also look like a type seven because they express a need to be light. May display the high energy characteristics of sevens, and may have a need for fun/playfulness as an escape from having to do tough things all the time. May appear less melancholy for this reason than other fours, a little more sunny and lighthearted.
    Holy shit. Immediately doubts type (again). Out of my entire exploration of personality systems, this is literally the most perfect description I have ever resonated with. I must find this book.

    EDIT: I have been assimilated.

  10. #20
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    This (or Naranjo's sp description) always solidifies my stacking as sp/sx.


    After re-reading Maitri I was considering sx/sp again. I think her take is that the dominant instinctual type shows the most distortion of the fixation. Expansion on that idea is that the second instinct is pretty balanced & the third a blindspot. Going by that, I would be sx/sp. @grey_beard , you are quite right about me having the most handle on sp stuff, although still more in a 4ish way than a practical one, and sx stuff is more obsessive & incurs the most obvious form of envy for me. I don't have a handle on it & am too focused, whereas I don't have a handle on so stuff due to lack of focus.

    But then I always think - is that just being a 4?


    This is absolutely not me though:
    Can also look like a type seven because they express a need to be light. May display the high energy characteristics of sevens, and may have a need for fun/playfulness as an escape from having to do tough things all the time. May appear less melancholy for this reason than other fours, a little more sunny and lighthearted.
    If not simply appearing aloof, I tend to look sour puss / haughty (sx type?) over sad & pitiful (so type?). I would've thought the cool/aloof bit was sp though. My playful side seems my last layer....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. OH MY GOD
    By Critical Hit in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 02:10 AM
  2. OH MY GOD THE FORUM IS UP!!!!!
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 08:27 PM
  3. Oh my god, I'm so lucky to live in Seattle
    By InTheFlesh in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 09:53 AM
  4. OH MY GOD THERE IS A CRISIS!
    By Antimony in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
  5. OH MY GOD, WHAT?
    By Atomic Fiend in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO