User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    GOO
    Enneagram

Default Sound like a typical nine?

So I'm really shitty at socializing. Which is good, because most people I don't care to get to know.... but then, I find someone who has this allure, and I'm hooked. I want to merge into this person and completely take up their life as my own.... then I remember, Oh yea I'm a dumbass. I should actualize who I am and develop skills and shit. What do I do? Submerge myself in the world of people and become a dog trainer (I'm convinced I'll only relax in a social situation having had the proper training, and I am a certified dog trainer)... OR, live out a life of fantasy and isolation pursing a career in arts. It's probably obvious the first option is the healthy, empowering one.... Okay... noted... what about the practical application of life? I'm SO bad at it..... This is stalling... Talking.... Yea, my thoughts need to resonate more...
    "The unconscious mind should be called the super-conconsious mind."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I really can't tell. The 9 I know is quite good at socializing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireCat View Post
    but then, I find someone who has this allure, and I'm hooked. I want to merge into this person and completely take up their life as my own....
    That sounds like it could be sx instinct.

Finding most people not worth knowing does not sound e9 specific to me.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Here's a link for the Enneagram Institute site's (free) Ennea Card Sampler test. http://www.enneagram.net/tests/sampl...plerlogin.aspx

More important are the links after the test which offer (package discount) reading for Wing, Tritype/Wings & Instinctual Subtype.

That site was very helpful at giving me confidence in my Enneagram type & putting me on solid ground to continue researching at this site.

There's an Enneagram Tritype thread on this site by @Marmotini, it includes a link to an Enneagram Tritype test by @Timeless. I can't speak for others but the test was quite accurate for me.

I hope that you enjoy your time here, there are some really friendly & knowledgeable people on this site that gladly offer their wisdom to us newbs.

MBTI
    GOO
    Enneagram

Uhh yea bad word choice. I guess, it is exhausting to interact with most people so it's preferable not to… or maybe i resent others and that contributes to it

MBTI
    GOO
    Enneagram

I am exceptional with kids, just not adults. Perhaps that's because I currently live in the south and I was not raised here. Or maybe I'm just under experienced, pretty darn good at being avoidant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Uhh yea bad word choice. I guess, it is exhausting to interact with most people so it's preferable not to… or maybe i resent others and that contributes to it
    No, the 9 I know is not bad at socializing or exhausted by it. He needs a break every now and then but he is generally energized by interacting with people.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am exceptional with kids, just not adults. Perhaps that's because I currently live in the south and I was not raised here. Or maybe I'm just under experienced, pretty darn good at being avoidant.
    I was in that situation once. The rules were all different and weird (to me). I did not adapt well to it and would not willingly go through that again. It was a strange experience because most of the people looked a lot like me, but my accent and manners were wrong and it just messed with both them and me.

As far as socializing, it was a learned thing for me. When I was around 28, I realized that people generally perceived me as stuck up rather than shy. As a result, they didn't like me and when people don't like you, they can make your life hard. After some observation and thought, I decided to basically go stream of consciousness on people, or as I saw it, talk my fool head off. Almost 44 now and I consider it one of my better decisions. I can talk to just about anybody now and generally, as long as it stays at small talk, I do okay.

I don't socialize much outside of my family right now, but I have a largish family. But overall, I don't mind people in small doses as long as they aren't being dicks.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Sounds like sexual variant, probably sx/sp, more than an indicator of any enneatype.

I don't know that there is really "good" at socializing at all, TBH. Some people are good at working crowds but bad at making genuine connections while others are excellent at making connections but cannot seem to hold on to them, and so on. I'm pretty good at relating with people but I'm shy and awkward at times and definitely don't always remember "polite" protocol. So... if it is any consolation... I think inside most of us struggle with socializing in some aspects and we mistakenly get the impression that the vast majority of people are "good" at it because we don't readily see them struggling in the same way we do, because they're struggling in different ways that we're not very aware of instead.

What does sound 9ish is contemplating the problem and choosing to withdraw. If you're 954 then that's triple withdrawn and no surprise there.