• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] 9w8s and 8w9s

L

LadyLazarus

I'm a 9w8 and I don't see myself as diplomatic at all; I'm incredibly blunt, as for the nice part; I'm still unsure...anyway, I'm usually the first one to jump into defensive mode, it's a really bad trait of mine but I'm trying to overcome it. I am really easily irritated/offended and combative too, which is very odd for a 9, but maybe I just have a strong 8-wing or something I don't know. The sx/sp nine description possibly accounts for this as well("the anti-nine"). I do however dislike hurting people and do so accidentally( I don't really realize what I'm saying atm which I am angry) or only in self-defense(remember:easily offended).

yeghor

I have always thought of our individual placement on the Enneagram as being at some point on the circle - rarely on an exact number but somewhere in-between two numbers, which gives rise to the wings. Two questions.

First - Do you agree with this?

Second - If you do, has it ever seemed strange to you that 8 and 9 are next to each other? They seem so different to me. 8 seems to be the most aggressive of the types and 9 seems to be the most diplomatic or "nice". When I think of a 9w8 or 8w9, it seems like an odd pairing.

I think 8 and 9 is the transition from Se to Si, and Si is just anger, impulsivity etc. withdrawn or repressed.

About the second question: Out tritype might be triangulating a certain point "inside" the circle. Like if we form a triangle of the three points on circle, the centre of weight for instance might point out our preference location inside the circle.

yeghor

yes, I think it also explains why some people have more prominent wings while others have a bit of influence from both

I do. within every center, I think there are two types next to each other which are absolutely nothing alike
- 8 and 9
- 3 and 4
- 6 and 7
in fact, I don't think most types have much in common with the other two types of their respective centers at all (for example, 7 is much more similar to 8 than it is to either 5 or 6)

I think 3 and 4 is transition from Fe to Fi.

There's no transition between 6 and 7 but 5 and 6. The latter couple represents transition from Ti to Te.