User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9w8s and 8w9s

I'm a 9w8 and I don't see myself as diplomatic at all; I'm incredibly blunt, as for the nice part; I'm still unsure...anyway, I'm usually the first one to jump into defensive mode, it's a really bad trait of mine but I'm trying to overcome it. I am really easily irritated/offended and combative too, which is very odd for a 9, but maybe I just have a strong 8-wing or something I don't know. The sx/sp nine description possibly accounts for this as well("the anti-nine"). I do however dislike hurting people and do so accidentally( I don't really realize what I'm saying atm which I am angry) or only in self-defense(remember:easily offended).

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I have always thought of our individual placement on the Enneagram as being at some point on the circle - rarely on an exact number but somewhere in-between two numbers, which gives rise to the wings. Two questions.

First - Do you agree with this?

Second - If you do, has it ever seemed strange to you that 8 and 9 are next to each other? They seem so different to me. 8 seems to be the most aggressive of the types and 9 seems to be the most diplomatic or "nice". When I think of a 9w8 or 8w9, it seems like an odd pairing.
    I think 8 and 9 is the transition from Se to Si, and Si is just anger, impulsivity etc. withdrawn or repressed.

About the second question: Out tritype might be triangulating a certain point "inside" the circle. Like if we form a triangle of the three points on circle, the centre of weight for instance might point out our preference location inside the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes, I think it also explains why some people have more prominent wings while others have a bit of influence from both

I do. within every center, I think there are two types next to each other which are absolutely nothing alike
    - 8 and 9
    - 3 and 4
    - 6 and 7
    in fact, I don't think most types have much in common with the other two types of their respective centers at all (for example, 7 is much more similar to 8 than it is to either 5 or 6)
    I think 3 and 4 is transition from Fe to Fi.

There's no transition between 6 and 7 but 5 and 6. The latter couple represents transition from Ti to Te.

That's really sexy

Thanks! I never thought of it in that way. I call it steel wrapped in cotton.

What a moron
    Yeah, at least on that issue!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese