User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Do you feel like the whole world should burn at your feet just so you can live? Or is that just me?
    No. Never have.

I am wondering if some of the things you've brought up are more applicable to 4w3 sx dom?

I can say that I've seen a pretty big difference between sx-doms and non-sx-doms in how they view the world/ themselves in the context of it.

I'm almost positive I'm a 4, and I'm almost positive I'm NOT a 4w5 (I do not have the research/academic tendencies w5's have). I think that I have the image consciousness of w3, and also more of the achievement/accomplishment/movement orientation. Being so-dom, though, I think I'm much much less diva-ish. I have my dramatic, very sensitive moments, but they're pretty much always in a 1:1 context, with intimates. Re. 'aristocrat' name for 4w3, I haven't read enough of the descriptions. But, again, think image consciousness, also value of my appearance, aesthetics, how I come across to people, perhaps some of the societal elements of achievement, ties into w3. Throw in some snobbery/ pickiness, maybe. High expectations of self, of 'accomplishing' things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Do you feel like the whole world should burn at your feet just so you can live? Or is that just me?
    Eh, not really. But it's more because I want the stuff the world has for my selfish desires.

It's been said already, but the war to be yourself and to rise to the top are very prevalent in me. I can go just about anywhere and tell you the hierarchy of the people. The problem that comes in for me is this need to be on top. To out do everyone. BUT I can only do it my own unique way. It's not always like this, but if I were to stay somewhere for a while (college) and notice how everything works, I have to fight the urge to work my way up to being the most known person or the most talented or the most whatever because it doesn't always matter. I want to be true to who I am and if being on top takes away from that, I will not do it. This could also have to do with my being a so/sx.

I try to use my quirks and brokenness to fuel my growth. I just want to be a better person and I want to be able to see that change happening all the time.
    Can I be dramatic? Ohhhhh yeah! But I try to put that energy into how I express myself to people. If I'm telling you a story about my day, I will get up and physically do everything I did so you can see with PASSION! I'm a weirdo, what can I say?

Does any of this make sense? I'm feeling a bit more passionate tonight so I may be going on weird bunny trails.
    @cascadeco
    Everything she said. That fits better for what I believe I experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Throw in some snobbery/ pickiness, maybe. High expectations of self, of 'accomplishing' things.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    From my perspective,

Unhealthy 4w3's may be more susceptible to "emperor syndrome", as healthier 4's grow towards 1, which may instill in them some sort of morality/ help them find their own morality, which may then result in them becoming less emperor-like and take the edge off their entitlement tendencies a bit. I've read healthy 4's tend to be kind, sincere, and righteous, which in my experience has held true for me at my best.

Unhealthy 4's however fall deeper into the pit of narcissism(extreme case) and indulge their emperor syndrome instead of learning to moderate it like healthy 4's, at 2 they may become not only needier but also more demanding.
    I think, at my worst I tend to become a "princess" so to speak, my self-absorption, selfishness, and entitlement go through the roof and I become a very clingy and demanding person.

To summarize; when healthy I am reasonable woman, when unhealthy I am a bitchy princess.
    Although, no matter how healthy I get I'm still not inclined towards self-sacrifice or even discomfort, my needs/ wants will always be my priority.
    I see. I don't really have that sophistication it's just on one setting "emperor mode". I feel like loki. "You can't tell me I'm not a king because I am a king!"

I think I kind of like 4w3s now. They get to enter my short list of types I don't hate.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    No. Never have.

I am wondering if some of the things you've brought up are more applicable to 4w3 sx dom?

I can say that I've seen a pretty big difference between sx-doms and non-sx-doms in how they view the world/ themselves in the context of it.

I'm almost positive I'm a 4, and I'm almost positive I'm NOT a 4w5 (I do not have the research/academic tendencies w5's have). I think that I have the image consciousness of w3, and also more of the achievement/accomplishment/movement orientation. Being so-dom, though, I think I'm much much less diva-ish. I have my dramatic, very sensitive moments, but they're pretty much always in a 1:1 context, with intimates. Re. 'aristocrat' name for 4w3, I haven't read enough of the descriptions. But, again, think image consciousness, also value of my appearance, aesthetics, how I come across to people, perhaps some of the societal elements of achievement, ties into w3. Throw in some snobbery/ pickiness, maybe. High expectations of self, of 'accomplishing' things.
    Yea probably more of an sx dom thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Eh, not really. But it's more because I want the stuff the world has for my selfish desires.

It's been said already, but the war to be yourself and to rise to the top are very prevalent in me. I can go just about anywhere and tell you the hierarchy of the people. The problem that comes in for me is this need to be on top. To out do everyone. BUT I can only do it my own unique way. It's not always like this, but if I were to stay somewhere for a while (college) and notice how everything works, I have to fight the urge to work my way up to being the most known person or the most talented or the most whatever because it doesn't always matter. I want to be true to who I am and if being on top takes away from that, I will not do it. This could also have to do with my being a so/sx.

I try to use my quirks and brokenness to fuel my growth. I just want to be a better person and I want to be able to see that change happening all the time.
    Can I be dramatic? Ohhhhh yeah! But I try to put that energy into how I express myself to people. If I'm telling you a story about my day, I will get up and physically do everything I did so you can see with PASSION! I'm a weirdo, what can I say?

Does any of this make sense? I'm feeling a bit more passionate tonight so I may be going on weird bunny trails.
    @cascadeco
    Everything she said. That fits better for what I believe I experience.
    Yea makes sense but I can't relate much to the social dom stuff. 4w3s seem alive and fiery I like that.

Think David Byrne
    Using Tapatalk

Being 4w3 is like being 4w5 only more mainstream...
    For me it's not about drama, or emotional expressivity, I am the right opposite. 4s are known for their strong sense of authenticity and it's true for me. I see drama as fake overplay of impersonal feelings. I am humble about expressing feelings and show less then I should. But what makes me different from 4w5 is my need for being accepted, appreciated, likeable, noticed and popular. My desire to be succesful and my need for being noticed for my work.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    But what makes me different from 4w5 is my need for being accepted, appreciated, likeable, noticed and popular. My desire to be succesful and my need for being noticed for my work.
    That's a general thing for 4s, not bound to wings. Especially with social-dom.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    That's a general thing for 4s, not bound to wings. Especially with social-dom.
    General things for 4s are searching for authenticity, originality, high emotionality and sensitivity, creativity.... 4s don't feel such a strong need to be liked, or appreciated, because being authentic and true to themselves is much more important for them. I agree it can be characteristic for social social doms.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    Being 4w3 is like being 4w5 only more mainstream...
    I would agree with that.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

4w3's tend to want to be respected and successful. A lot of 4w5's can shut out the world and just be themselves, even if that means be a starving artist or whatnot. It's harder for 4w3's to do that. We want to be ourselves, every bit as much as our 5-wing counterparts, but we also want some measure of success, be that praise from peers, financial security, power, whatever. These two things don't necessarily go hand in hand, leading to a lot of tensions.

Edit: This is my 1500th post! Joined in 2008... damn I'm a slowpoke. Can I at least evolve to a slowbro/slowking?
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors