• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] 2 is the SEDUCER, not the helper

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Twos want to be loved more than anything, so they will do what's needed to be loved. How that pans out is going to depend on the person, as well as how they are raised/ their environment (not to mention their instinct). They seem to take pride in how they get that love. So a two who gets love by helping is going to be proud of their image as 'helper' while a two who gets love by being seductive is going to be proud of their image as 'seducer'. And so on.

I think many twos keep their pride hidden as much as possible, because they take pride in not appearing proud. I think it's safe to say that all image types pay a lot of attention to how they appear, and when you care about your image, there's always an element of manipulation involved. The person doing the manipulating might not be conscious of it, however, and others might not be, either.

I think a lot of twos are not fond of their line to eight, just as many fours dislike their line to two. It can feel like you're a different person when you switch to that mode. All lines of disintegration can feel like that. But there can also be a positive relationship with the disintegration line when healthier, when it becomes more mature than infantile.

I think this is really good analysis, brainheart.

My mom's a pretty textbook 2w1 as far as I can tell. She took an Enneagram seminar at work and came out as 9, then 2, but we went through her papers together and she felt that 2 fit her better, which I think is true too. Her instinct variant is almost certainly sp/so. I don't really see her much as a "seducer", but she's a very smooth social persuader. She draws people into certain paths of action more than she draws them into herself. Taking on others' burdens is like breathing for her - and it makes her upset if you try to stop her from doing it, like she perceives it as an inconvenience for you to try to help her. She can get pushy if she thinks her strategy is a good one or if she really feels like something would be good for you, so I guess her pride would mostly fall into the "assertiveness" category.

I think there are a lot of kinds of each enneatype. Very influenced by wing and variant, and by MBTI, cultures, a number of other factors. I see what you're saying @Elfboy about not letting that single image of the dutiful helper take over the type description. My mom actually does happen to be the type of 2 that basically word-for-word IS one of "these saintly, dutiful helpers who are constantly putting the needs of others before their own". She's a 2w1 sp/so ESFJ, and that all fits with that description. But a 2w3 sx/so ENFP could be totally, totally different.

brainheart said:
Also, I want to know what Naranjo means when he calls that self pres two description 'fourish'. That sure doesn't sound like four to me

I am not really sure I understand this one either. I actually really don't feel like "me-first" is a very good description of any e2, because everyone technically is me-first and a 2 externally is very not me-first. The way I'd identify an Sp-first 2 is they're a 2 and their primary concerns are resources, stability, and comfort. IME that tends to manifest in terms of trying to take care of others' Sp needs as well.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Good OP. I think the myth that 2s are these nicey-nice helpers comes, in part, from Riso and Hudson's work. They did a lot to eliminate the 2s' powers of seduction and the strings they attach in favor of these martyrish servants who obsess over "really really good things", like narrowly-defined love. I've come to this opinion from reading about a dozen books over the last year, back to back. Twos have so much more to them than their "helpful" side, and it's a shame for the type as well as the individuals who may overlook their type by consequence.

I've got two very different Twos in my life right now--one is my landlady, who is unhealthy, and about whom I may eventually dedicate an advice thread. She has the Fe-laced goodness and big smiles, combined with the excessive giving of small gifts. She supports me being wild and crazy and having "fun". Yet you can sense her need to control--she has inserted herself into my personal life to a severe degree that it's taken me enormous restraint not to tell her off and/or vomit from the sheer discomfort of it. Her own children fled the house because under her nicey-nice exterior is a ruthless iron fist that she refuses to see. She asserts this by giving, but believe me, she's no true "helper". Not by a long shot--actually, the truly formidable thing is that you can't really do that much to refuse. (Luckily, she is a rather unhealthy version of her type, and one from whom I will eventually depart.)

My driver is another Fe-dom 2, and he's everything she is not. Something I've noticed about him is that he, like my landlady, really does support "freedom", even self-indulgence. He hasn't seduced me or anything, but he does go a long way to help people out. He's become assertive enough in his life to draw lines and make his needs known without dropping hints, however, which I guess working in an international tourist industry is wont to make you do. He still does that, "Hey, I did all this work for YOU. All this work for YOU" thing, but he's neither nicey-nice, nor is he overly manipulative. I wouldn't have been able to figure him out based on Riso and Hudson alone.

And that's what I think about it.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm still trying to understand my heart fix, and 2w1 is under consideration. I see a lot of pairing e2 with Fe, which I don't use. Does anyone have any experiences with Fi users and e2 (especially 2w1)?

Also, another aspect of 2 that I'm having a hard time relating to is disintegration to 8. Any 2s who can shed some light on what that looks/feels like for you?

L

LadyLazarus

I thought 2 was the overbearing mother or girlfriend who was like, love meeeee!

I haven't met any male 2's I've found seductive more like unauthentic braggarts(pretty sure he's a 2w3), but that's just my limited experience.

The only guys I've found irresistibly seductive have been 7's and 9w8's.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I thought 2 was the overbearing mother or girlfriend who was like, love meeeee!

That's the image I have in my head as well.

I'm not sure if it's just a few bad apples for me or if it's all of them.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I had myself a 2 year experience with a 2w3 sx/so and the girl was fucking brutal, dude. Absolute brat. She didn't spoil the bunch. In general, I won't see signs of a 2 and see red, but in my experience when a seductress goes unhealthy (like most types) just watch out because you are bound to get hurt if you don't prep yourself for the emotional manipulation coated with image manipulation, whirlwinding you in a drown of victimization, repelling of guilt and all those things Narajo warns you abut in disintegration. Its one wild power trip that if you've got a sense of humor you'll look back and laugh at.

But I'm sure a good one is great person to have around whenever you wanna throw a party or organize some fun.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] [MENTION=20868]tsunderes[/MENTION]

the point of this thread is that this is NOT what type 2 is about (there are a few 2s like this, particularly women, but it's not really related to them being 2s)

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
the manner in which 2s seek love is not much "please love me" (that's more 9/phobic 6), but rather "I will make you DESIRE me!" (Sexual 2), "GLORIFY me!" (Social 2) or "Give me what I deserve" (Self Preservation 2)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I'm still trying to understand my heart fix, and 2w1 is under consideration. I see a lot of pairing e2 with Fe, which I don't use. Does anyone have any experiences with Fi users and e2 (especially 2w1)?

Also, another aspect of 2 that I'm having a hard time relating to is disintegration to 8. Any 2s who can shed some light on what that looks/feels like for you?

I know an ISFP 2w1. sp last

And I know an ISFJ 2w1 sp/sx.

The ISFP has a much harder time accepting that she's a 2. She absolutely knows that she gives just to get. And it shows with her WAY more than with the ISFJ.

They both are overachievers and go above and beyond what anyone does. You would never know that they are really doing all of this for themselves.

The ISFJ wants to help because he wants to make others happy. And in doing so...he is happy, and this is because of his Fe. He wants everyone to be happy and maintain that atmosphere so he can be happy.

The ISFP is much more apt to do things because she wants it reciprocated more directly. She does have pride in her work, but she also is more disappointed when others don't show the same pride. She more openly expresses that she wants reciprocation (not always by words.) Where the Fe hinders the ISFJ from admitting that and asking for it.

Now on the other hand, the ISFJ's Ti will come right out when he's gone to 8. It is like this disciplinary, strict, rigid side is completely shown. He will not budge on subjects, and he will use shame (Fe) to get a point across.

The ISFP, however, is more like "I'm done." and shrugs. She is not cold at all compared to the 8 that comes out in the ISFJ. She just gets to a certain boiling point of where she can't take the resentment that's built up and that's it, she has had it with whatever subject it may be.

For example the past 3 yrs she has been responsible to drive ppl home on new yrs eve and this year she simply said, "I'm not doing it." And once she's made up her mind, that's it.

That's the only 8 that I see come out of her. :shrug:

[MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] [MENTION=20868]tsunderes[/MENTION]

the point of this thread is that this is NOT what type 2 is about (there are a few 2s like this, particularly women, but it's not really related to them being 2s)

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]
the manner in which 2s seek love is not much "please love me" (that's more 9/phobic 6), but rather "I will make you DESIRE me!" (Sexual 2), "GLORIFY me!" (Social 2) or "Give me what I deserve" (Self Preservation 2)

Yea, but out of all of the 2's I know (5)... only one of them is not subtle about this demand to be loved. And her maturity level is very low.

A two does not want to admit that they are doing these many things in the name of pride. They don't want to come off as manipulating, even though they do it everyday. lol

They seduce, yes, but it is extremely subtle in most cases.

From Ocean Moonshine:

They want to occupy a central position in the lives of chosen others, and they accomplish this by being “indispensable.” From the standpoint of the Two, it is always others who are needy and dependent, not the Two. In reality, the situation is a bit more complex, as Twos also have needs. They need to be appreciated; they need to be needed; they need to receive a considerable amount of attention and gratitude.

Indispensable is the key word here.

A

A window to the soul

The ISFP has a much harder time accepting that she's a 2. She absolutely knows that she gives just to get. And it shows with her WAY more than with the ISFJ.

They both are overachievers and go above and beyond what anyone does. You would never know that they are really doing all of this for themselves.

The ISFJ wants to help because he wants to make others happy. And in doing so...he is happy, and this is because of his Fe. He wants everyone to be happy and maintain that atmosphere so he can be happy.

The ISFP is much more apt to do things because she wants it reciprocated more directly. She does have pride in her work, but she also is more disappointed when others don't show the same pride. She more openly expresses that she wants reciprocation (not always by words.) Where the Fe hinders the ISFJ from admitting that and asking for it.

Now on the other hand, the ISFJ's Ti will come right out when he's gone to 8. It is like this disciplinary, strict, rigid side is completely shown. He will not budge on subjects, and he will use shame (Fe) to get a point across.

The ISFP, however, is more like "I'm done." and shrugs. She is not cold at all compared to the 8 that comes out in the ISFJ. She just gets to a certain boiling point of where she can't take the resentment that's built up and that's it, she has had it with whatever subject it may be.

For example the past 3 yrs she has been responsible to drive ppl home on new yrs eve and this year she simply said, "I'm not doing it." And once she's made up her mind, that's it.

Yea, but out of all of the 2's I know (5)... only one of them is not subtle about this demand to be loved. And her maturity level is very low.

A two does not want to admit that they are doing these many things in the name of pride. They don't want to come off as manipulating, even though they do it everyday. lol

From Ocean Moonshine:

I apologize in advance to the admins and mods for what I'm about to say to the following member that's acting like a self-righteous fool:

Urarienev, who the hell died and made you all-knowing God of type 2? It's like Judge Judy says, "if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true." I don't believe one word coming out of your mouth; including the BS about what type 2 told you. You're a damn liar!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I apologize in advance to the admins and mods for what I'm about to say to the following member that's acting like a self-righteous fool:

Urarienev, who the hell died and made you all-knowing God of type 2? It's like Judge Judy says, "if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true." I don't believe one word coming out of your mouth; including the BS about what type 2 told you. You're a damn liar!

Well I can't tell if you're being serious or not, or what you're intentions are...

But if you are being serious, you have no real grounds to tell me I'm a liar. lol

That makes no sense. I have given my perception and my opinion. So no, I'm not lying. lol

Now if you were to say that my perception and opinion were warped...then I'm going to ask "How so?"

A

A window to the soul

Well I can't tell if you're being serious or not, or what you're intentions are...
My intentions are to stop the misinformation.

But if you are being serious, you have no real grounds to tell me I'm a liar. lol
Please ask your type 2 friends to join the forum and this discussion. I want to hear them speak for themselves without Ni mutilation.

That makes no sense. I have given my perception and my opinion. So no, I'm not lying. lol
I don't care about your Ni perception and opinion, ENtJ. I care about truth. Dig a little deeper.

Now if you were to say that my perception and opinion were warped...then I'm going to ask "How so?"
As I said, dig deeper. Hearsay is not deep. Not at all. :dont:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My intentions are to stop the misinformation.

You have not told me what is mis-informative though?

Hearsay is not deep.

These two 2's that I'm specifically referring have 100% related to type 2. It is their type.

They are also both very self-aware. I have only relayed what they have said to me. If you don't like it then that's fine. But that post was directed towards five sounds. She can decide whether or not she relates to the post or not. :shrug:

A

A window to the soul

You have not told me what is mis-informative though?

These two 2's that I'm specifically referring have 100% related to type 2. It is their type.

They are also both very self-aware. I have only relayed what they have said to me. If you don't like it then that's fine. But that post was directed towards five sounds. She can decide whether or not she relates to the post or not. :shrug:

Now you're coming across as playing dumb at the expense of my intelligence. On a normal day, I'd say it's all good and walk. Today, I say you're FULL OF BS and I walk. Bye! :blowkiss:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now you're coming across as playing dumb at the expense of my intelligence. On a normal day, I'd say it's all good and walk. Today, I say you're FULL OF BS and I walk. Bye! :blowkiss:

Ha ha and you still didn't tell me what was mis-informative. Nice.

How do you expect anyone to improve, without telling them what's wrong?

You saying bs to my post means nothing to me, cause I'm not looking at it through your eyes. I am not the one calling it bs. You are. lol

And you say it's bs on one hand and then don't give any explanation.

All I'm left to assume is that you took my post personally. So in that case...I'm sorry I offended you.

These 2 ppl I'm talking about are my best friends. I would not go around saying 2's are manipulative, if I didn't hear it from a 2's mouth. They admit that they do this on a consistent basis.

And another thing. 2's are my favorite type....why the heck would I want to offend them? :cry:

Last edited:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

2s are not obvious about giving to get. A lot of the time they themselves are not even aware that this is what they are doing. Being too obvious about it might mean your ISFP is not a 2.

I don't think being disappointed in the lack of pride that others have in their work has anything to do with being a 2. Hiding disappointments and not asking for reciprocation sounds like a 2.

This is not moving to 8, it's just normal 2ish/1ish behavior.

Not 8. Resigned and stubborn, sounds 9ish.

From Ocean Moonshine:

2s don't acknowledge their own needs out of pride.
2s become manipulative from this hidden neediness.
Subtle is how they go about meeting their own needs.
2s become 8s when their subtle, gentler methods have failed.
Maybe they aren't being appreciated, they worked so hard and aren't getting what they deserve, it's not fair, no one listens to them, everything would fall apart without them, all they wanted was this little show of appreciation and that was just too much, huh? Well guess what, you aren't getting anything from me anymore, the gravy train stops here.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION]
They want to occupy a central position in the lives of chosen others, and they accomplish this by being “indispensable.” From the standpoint of the Two, it is always others who are needy and dependent, not the Two. In reality, the situation is a bit more complex, as Twos also have needs. They need to be appreciated; they need to be needed; they need to receive a considerable amount of attention and gratitude.
eh, this is, very specifically, the Social 2, which Naranjo refers to as the "Adult 2". Self Preservation 2s are more childish and entitled and Sexual 2s are the femme fatale/rake.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

eh, this is, very specifically, the Social 2, which Naranjo refers to as the "Adult 2". Self Preservation 2s are more childish and entitled and Sexual 2s are the femme fatale/rake.

So do you think the sp 2 has more of a connection to 4? Cause that's what they seems like to me.

I still think that they are subtle tho.

I guess I don't know too many 2's that are sx doms. :thinking: I would think the intensity could make them overwhelming though. So I could see the possibility of seduction coming out more bluntly there. Especially with a 2w3.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes. Naranjo even mentions the Sp 2 being the most 4-ish

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes. Naranjo even mentions the Sp 2 being the most 4-ish

I see it now in your second post. I had only read your first post and skimmed through the pages after that.

The sexual 2 seems completely different from the self pres and social. :shock:

I can't even imagine what a 2w1 sx dom would seem like.

Is the sexual 2 more likely to have a wing of 3?