Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ster View Post
    I'm enthusiastic about this thread because I know a male ISFP 2 sx who, had it not been for someone indicating 2s as seductive, would have left me quite confused as to where he falls on the enneagram. He's helpful, sure, but hardly. I've been with him the past year, and he definitely has needs that he tries to give to get. I'm not sure how healthy he is because I've definitely seen him utilize his "disintegration" to 8 to get his way. Probably not a very healthy chap. =/ This guy's a highly-skilled seducer with no reservations sexually speaking.

He's that male 2 here. One time we got into a huge disagreement and we decided to end things between us. (Situation is: He says he wants to marry me, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to marry him but I still care a lot.) I asked him about his day and he wouldn't tell me, which made me upset since I tell him everything. His reasoning was he already gave me too much and now needs to withhold things. I pried and pried, finally after much tension, he whispered that he returned the ring he bought me. Immediately he said he felt remorse for telling me, and he played to my guilt and compassion like a champ. I'm 95% certain he never bought nor returned a ring, and that he was saying because he knows I try to take him seriously. That need for control reflects disintegration to 8 and further removal from 4-ish authenticity.

That's some of my experience with 2 seduction and manipulation. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
    I actually really like your example. You don't have to stop if you don't want to. It's interesting.

And I can totally see a 2 doing that. If that's an example of how they seduce, then yea I get it. The social and self pres 2's are the only ones I've met, and they just don't seem as "stop at nothing" as you've described.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

brainheart

4, 5, or 8. Then 3. Then 2.

@Look Alive_Sunshine, this sounds an awful like the typing journey of an @Animal who prowls around here. You might want to talk to her.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

@Look Alive_Sunshine, this sounds an awful like the typing journey of an @Animal who prowls around here. You might want to talk to her.
    Haha. We've been talking =D

Yeah my typing journey was messy. A lot of this is because I was traumatized & drug addicted etc when I first encountered enneagram back in 2001. I wasn't on forums. I read a few books and mistyped at 5. There was a bit of an "enneagram " culture at my school. My first inclination was 4w5 but I was talked out of it because the other 4s in my school were practically suicidal, and I seemed less "on a suicide mission" despite having suffered greater hardship. That being said I was immensely self-destructive, just not as public about it. But I took the excuse to not type at 4 because doing so would hurt my ego and at the time I was wearing a lot of armor. This is hard to explain but the reasons my journey got messy were mostly to do with a very very very tumultuous life. In retrospect 4 was beyond obvious even if my wing is difficult, so I was really damn stupid to confuse myself out of a 4 typing.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@Look Alive_Sunshine, I'm presenting my ideas and trying to integrate what I have learned with what others are presenting. Clearly, the two are clashing, and it's a challenge to sort what is right from what isn't when I don't have the eyes of a 2 to look behind. Perhaps what I'm saying is totally wrong and perhaps I don't understand 2 at all, but regardless, you really don't have to be an asshole about it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @Look Alive_Sunshine, I'm presenting my ideas and trying to integrate what I have learned with what others are presenting. Clearly, the two are clashing, and it's a challenge to sort what is right from what isn't when I don't have the eyes of a 2 to look behind. Perhaps what I'm saying is totally wrong and perhaps I don't understand 2 at all, but regardless, you really don't have to be an asshole about it.
    An asshole? Because of that? Yeah, Fi is really not my thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

True (and really annoying) , but Twos usually do this unintentionally
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 sx/so - 9w1 sp/sx
    Fi>Ne>Ni>Si>Ti >Fe>Te>Se
    Phlegmatic/Melancholic
    Sensitive

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Why make it a dichotomy? Why can't a lot of E2's be helpers even if some are takers? I get really burnt out on constantly looking for the negative because it pulls everyone down.

My individual impression of all of these psychological categories is that the negative manifestations tend to come from falsely using a particular function or instinct. Fe becomes fake when it is actually Te masquerading as Fe. Te become irrational when it is actually Fe masquerading as Te. I suspect that when other instincts choose to "act" like an E2, that this is when it becomes fake and manipulative. When it is genuine, then it is good and helpful. I may be on a pollyanna humanistic wild ride in my head, but I've come to this conclusion. I do think there are negative aspects of humanity, but it makes more sense to me that it is founded on falseness.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

what are you referring to hear?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what are you referring to hear?
    @HBIC typing journey

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

"Saintly dutiful helper" makes me think more of type Nine than type Two.
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 sx/so - 9w1 sp/sx
    Fi>Ne>Ni>Si>Ti >Fe>Te>Se
    Phlegmatic/Melancholic
    Sensitive
    Likes Elfboy liked this post