MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @skylights

many people think this about 3s, but in reality, most 3s are more down to earth and seek approval via accomplishments rather than showy self-promotion (they do self-promote, but it's very subtle and, usually, indirect). unlike 2s and 7s, 3s do NOT feel a sense of inherent entitlement. they believe they must earn their keep and have the credentials and list of accomplishments to back up their talk.
    Hm, okay. I think sometimes it's hard for me to separate 3's veneer and pride in accomplishment from entitlement and self-promotion. Maybe not self-promotion so much as "brand" promotion.

Social 2s are all about glory and ALL 2s are about showy attention, but honestly, I have a hard time picturing 2w1 in general. they come across a bit more critical than the other subtype, perhaps more martyr-y, but 1 and 2 are very different types, and I have trouble imagining how they come together.
    I tend to think like... teacher's pet. Or a really sweet and caring but slightly firm teacher or nurse. Or Mother Teresa - "The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." I think it's like giving and caring but with a tone of morality and sacrifice for the desire to be good.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Do you think it possible that a 2 helps because they want to help people rather than "seduce" them? ... But then again, Mother Theresa (a famous two) was one hell of a seductress so .. What do I know :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    Do you think it possible that a 2 helps because they want to help people rather than "seduce" them? ... But then again, Mother Theresa (a famous two) was one hell of a seductress so .. What do I know :p
    It's considered seduction because this is often the mechanism the 2 uses to get his/her own needs covered as well. They please others and in doing so enter into an unspoken contract of expectation. Of course, this is based on a genuinely altruistic impulse as well--I think often 2s really ARE caring individuals who genuinely want to help others. But, the motivations can get mixed if the 2 isn't aware.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Hm, okay. I think sometimes it's hard for me to separate 3's veneer and pride in accomplishment from entitlement and self-promotion.
    the former can be taken away because it is contingent on external metrics; the latter based in inherent belief

Maybe not self-promotion so much as "brand" promotion.
    better

I tend to think like... teacher's pet. Or a really sweet and caring but slightly firm teacher or nurse. Or Mother Teresa - "The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." I think it's like giving and caring but with a tone of morality and sacrifice for the desire to be good.
    nooo, Mother Teresa was a 1. she doesn't fit Social 2 (Ambition), Sexual 2 (Seduction/Aggression) or Self Preservation 2 (Entitled Princess) at all.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    I'm not saying they don't help people, simply that their helping people is not related to being a 2.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Social 2s are all about glory and ALL 2s are about showy attention, but honestly, I have a hard time picturing 2w1 in general. they come across a bit more critical than the other subtype, perhaps more martyr-y, but 1 and 2 are very different types, and I have trouble imagining how they come together.
    Yeah martyr-y. That's a way to put it. I remember writing a fucked up letter once in my adolescence when I was severely depressed, rambling about people nailing me to the cross.

You emphasize need for "showy attention" too much, I think. The need is there alright. It's just not showy, but subtle, in my case. I'm definitely not a textbook drama queen. I hate that.

"Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong."
    "Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. "
    Both of these tag lines are 100% match for me. Used to mistype myself as a 6.
    I've been told I'm an oddball, and I know some people consider me a genius in my field, and I'm generally very liked (practically worshipped on the workground, which makes me a very happy 2 ). I'm good at coming up with new systems (1) that makes peoples jobs a lot easier (2).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

nooo, Mother Teresa was a 1. she doesn't fit Social 2 (Ambition), Sexual 2 (Seduction/Aggression) or Self Preservation 2 (Entitled Princess) at all.
    I have always seen her referenced as a 2w1, though having never known her personally, I don't really feel like I can make a final claim. Nevertheless, if she was a 1, she was a very open, accepting, and less theoretical 1. But perhaps she was a 1 with a heavy 2 wing, and her 1 mainly manifested itself in her spiritual devotion. I could certainly see that. Some of her quotes strike me as more 1 - "I was to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them. It was an order. To fail would have been to break the faith." - but her work with people is so consummately 2 - "A beautiful death is for people who lived like animals to die like angels—loved and wanted" . Regardless, I think that she is closer to the "flavor" of a 2/1 as opposed to 2/3. My goal was not to give exact examples with logical reasoning but to provide a gestalt of what 2/1 flavor would be like through examples of feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro
    It's considered seduction because this is often the mechanism the 2 uses to get his/her own needs covered as well. They please others and in doing so enter into an unspoken contract of expectation. Of course, this is based on a genuinely altruistic impulse as well--I think often 2s really ARE caring individuals who genuinely want to help others. But, the motivations can get mixed if the 2 isn't aware.
    This was nicely worded. I understand and agree with this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm not saying they don't help people, simply that their helping people is not related to being a 2.
    Fair enough.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@skylights
    Nevertheless, if she was a 1, she was a very open, accepting, and less theoretical 1.
    your typical 1 isn't necessarily theoretical (they would probably consider themselves rational, but it's often in a more no nonsense, common sensical, gut center-ish way)

But perhaps she was a 1 with a heavy 2 wing, and her 1 mainly manifested itself in her spiritual devotion
    which is very 1-ish (or Social 6, Social 7 or 9w1)

"A beautiful death is for people who lived like animals to die like angels—loved and wanted"
    this isn't 2, it's just poetic.

Regardless, I think that she is closer to the "flavor" of a 2/1 as opposed to 2/3. My goal was not to give exact examples with logical reasoning but to provide a gestalt of what 2/1 flavor would be like through examples of feel.
    then I suggest providing examples of more captivating, dramatic and attention seeking individuals rather than pious, self-sacrificing and dutiful (1, Social 6)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am going to have to disagree that all 2s are seducers. Maybe sexual 2s, but not all 2s.

In fact @brainheart is right. They want to be loved and needed. That can easily be social, family or emotional "seduction"...if you don't necessarily mean sexual seduction that's fine.

I am more inclined to think you are basing this on 2s you were attracted to or something.