• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Type Nines - Do you Try to Eat your emotions Away?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you feel "bad" inside, do you eat in order to make yourself feel better?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No. My stomach ties itself in knots when I'm upset and eating only makes it worse. I do eat when I'm bored or to reward myself, though.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My roommate is a 9; he does this. A lot.

My son is a 9 too but he tends to throw himself into exercise and "angry" music instead of eating his emotions away.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sounds like 9 sp

wolfy

awsm
My roommate is a 9; he does this. A lot.

My son is a 9 too but he tends to throw himself into exercise and "angry" music instead of eating his emotions away.

I am like your son more. I don't tend to eat a lot. Unless it is delicious.

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, when I'm really upset I can't even bring myself to eat..

I totally envy y'all who can't eat when you're upset. I eat all my feelings. Doritos and Rocky Road. Mmm.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's a Sp thing.

All 9s will have their go-to narcotisation preference, for some it may even be extremely unhealthy behaviours like cleaning or over working, poor sick people :( but focus on food in general is a Sp thing, the back and forth between over indulging/binging/neglect and super stringent health.

Personally I think booze has way greater narcotisation effects! :happy2:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. My stomach ties itself in knots when I'm upset and eating only makes it worse. I do eat when I'm bored or to reward myself, though.

Everybody talks about what it's like being really upset. How about when you're just bored or anxious?

wolfy

awsm
It's a Sp thing.

All 9s will have their go-to narcotisation preference, for some it may even be extremely unhealthy behaviours like cleaning or over working, poor sick people :( but focus on food in general is a Sp thing, the back and forth between over indulging/binging/neglect and super stringent health.

Personally I think booze has way greater narcotisation effects! :happy2:

Hmmm, I am 9w8sp/sx I think. I can get really active when stressed. Cleaning, exercising, etc. I don't tend to do the food thing though, I do like to drink though. I don't do it for stress though. If I drink stressed I become a stressed drunk. And a stressed out drunk is no fun.

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope, my diet is very consistent regardless of how I'm feeling.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Everybody talks about what it's like being really upset. How about when you're just bored or anxious?
When I'm anxious, I focus on doing practical, but relatively unimportant, tasks to distract myself and to help me feel like I have control over something. Last time I was feeling that way, I did cook. But I put almost all of it in the freezer for later.

Definitely eat when I'm bored, especially at night. I used to alternate between sweet and salty junk food about every hour. I keep somewhat healthier food in the house now so snacking isn't quite so destructive. It also usually takes a bit more preparation, which slows me down because I'm lazy.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fat-batman-meme-generator-i-feel-your-pain-just-eat-your-feelings-e84e61.jpg

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I'm upset, I completely lose my appetite for anything. I usually end up stuck in my room (or in a quiet place on campus), lying down and listening to music to forget my troubles.