User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice things to say about 4s?

4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nope. Not when it is part of your 'individuality' to be likeable, kind and have good relationships with others.
    4ing can get unpredictable and counterintuitive. Even before I knew about Enneagram, I decided that it was cliche to be unrelatable and took that on as an obsession. Knowing enneagram, it feels even more true, but also unavoidable in ways.

Interspecial Interpreter Array Amargith's Avatar
    4dw sx/so
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by louisiannie View Post
    Thank you. I've been feeling really gross/unloveable after reading a lot of stuff on INFPs and the Type 4 personality. Some commenters on another forum (not THIS one - y'all are awesome) basically flat out attack 4 Types with "open letters" detailing how all 4 qualities make you annoying, get you uninvited to social functions, difficult to work with, etc.

It's really nice to hear that 4s aren't terrible. I know I've got work to do channeling my emotions in more productive ways. It's hard to be criticized for something you struggle with/can't control - such as feeling things deeply and picking up on other's emotions (positive and negative).

Anywho, lovely to be a part of this forum and delightful to know that 4 types do have some strengths to go along with those weaknesses!
    Ask yourself how you feel about them. These people are rarely aware of just how unpopular they are themselves, and tend to just take out their own frustration on others. I'd say they don't make the cut wrt what feedback to take on board.

Yes, us fours can be dramatic, and a lot to handle, especially as we're still figuring out selves out - but every type out there has its issues, no worse or not better than any other. And we have our gifts - just like they do.

Permabanned Array

From what I understand the only ones doing the trash talking are the 4's themselves

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Bah! A pox upon thee!
    Parties are for extroverted sensors and other riff-raff!
    But the party's in my head!

"Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

4's can entertain themselves endlessly
    Using Tapatalk