User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 81

  1. #31
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I find it annoying that I have to check in with this person and that my emotions are being touched at all. Just knowing she is attached to me is enough to annoy me like I can't just do whatever I want.
    That's your super-ego telling you that, not her!
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's your super-ego telling you that, not her!
    I don't know what a super ego is. I don't buy into freud's stuff.

  3. #33
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I don't know what a super ego is. I don't buy into freud's stuff.
    Just a shorthand for saying "what your brain tells you ought to do".
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  4. #34
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I find it annoying that I have to check in with this person and that my emotions are being touched at all. Just knowing she is attached to me is enough to annoy me like I can't just do whatever I want.
    God. I relate to this pressure and sense of obligation sooooooo much.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Just a shorthand for saying "what your brain tells you ought to do".
    But HOW do I get my super ego to stop?!!!!!!!

    Got any practical advice?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    *not a 7, but have 7 in my tritype*

    I think it might happen for you, once your focus in life shifts a little. Right now you're still out there, exploring the world, for the most part, and people happen to be part of that, but are more like an experience or object to entertain you to you. Once you've done that for a while, you might find yourself starting to be interested in discovering things in greater depth (integration to 5), including people and relationships, and the prospect of a long term relationship will fill you less with dread.
    When you talk about this stuff like one day I will become more like you it makes me feel like you want me to sell out. I would rather roll myself out on to a highway and let a bus run me over before that ever happens.

    And you know just as much about 7s as I do about 4s and I know next to nothing about 4s. My 4 fix just means I'm individualistic to me.

  6. #36
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    When you talk about this stuff like one day I will become more like you it makes me feel like you want me to sell out. I would rather roll myself out on to a highway and let a bus run me over before that ever happens.

    And you know just as much about 7s as I do about 4s and I know next to nothing about 4s. My 4 fix just means I'm individualistic to me.
    ...all I did was apply the enneagram theory. Integration into 5 does mean that you take a longer look at things. You realise I have nothing to lose or gain from wanting you to turn out one way or another, right? There is no hidden agenda here, nor am I trying to convert you to some cult. You asked for input, I put a warning label on it - you could've just ignored it if you felt it wasn't applicable as you stated you would. As for becoming like me - I never needed the time to grow into relationships - I've been in one since I was 18. So there is no risk of becoming me, you're too late for that already. But I've seen this in others, and I recognise that drive in myself wrt to other areas of my life, so I tried to relay what I could.

    I'm sorry that my input seems to make you so defensive - I'll stop answering your threads.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #37
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Just a shorthand for saying "what your brain tells you ought to do".
    I thought that was Id.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ...all I did was apply the enneagram theory. Integration into 5 does mean that you take a longer look at things. You realise I have nothing to lose or gain from wanting you to turn out one way or another, right? There is no hidden agenda here, nor am I trying to convert you to some cult. You asked for input, I put a warning label on it - you could've just ignored it if you felt it wasn't applicable as you stated you would. As for becoming like me - I never needed the time to grow into relationships - I've been in one since I was 18. So there is no risk of becoming me, you're too late for that already. But I've seen this in others, and I recognise that drive in myself wrt to other areas of my life, so I tried to relay what I could.

    I'm sorry that my input seems to make you so defensive - I'll stop answering your threads.
    I have a strong aversion to anything normal. Just don't try and make me normal and we don't have a problem. "It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy"

  9. #39
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I thought that was Id.
    It's more like, Superego is what your brain tells you what you should do and Id is what your brain tells you what you want to do.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #40
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    It's more like, Superego is what your brain tells you what you should do and Id is what your brain tells you what you want to do.
    You want to eat somebody's pie, but know you shouldn't...

    gotcha...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 09:16 PM
  2. Video: Enneagram 4 & 9 in relationships and family systems
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 01:29 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ and distance in relationships
    By laudanum225 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO