User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 81

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I think it might be more of an inferior Fe ISTP thing. People intruding on my emotional space is a very annoying feeling. It's like if a stranger walked in your home off the street and started sleeping in your bed next to you. To me they are MY emotions not anyone elses. Don't ask me how I'm doing, don't ask me what I'm doing, don't check up on me, don't tell me what to do, don't expect me to reassure your ego. Just too many obligations it's like I have a very annoying pet.
    That sounded quite a bit 5-ish. The part about intruding on the emotional space.

    I find that funny in enneagram, there's some people who have both the influence of 5 and 7. Me included. It's not just you and not just me, I've seen it about others as well.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozones View Post
    I am 21, and at this point in my life just want to have fun and be free. I don't understand why everyone's so obsessed with having a significant other. I had a boyfriend two years ago, for a year, he asked me to marry him, I broke up. My lack of interest in relationships is caused by a mixture of not having a need for emotional connection, my need for independence, getting bored by routine (seeing the same person wake up next to me everyday, aaaggh), need for freedom etc. Being in a relationship means being responsible for the things you say and do, having to do things for others bla bla bla, having to answer to someone. I'd feel claustrophobic. The cons outweigh the pros. What even are the pros? I still don't know. Thank God most of my friends are like me. Young, wild and FREE
    Yea I have a big problem with having to answer to anyone I think that's part of it. The pros would be entertainment I guess like having an adventure buddy. Most of my friends are in relationships.

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    methinks he means having to be emotionally available to someone else all the time. can be a tall order for an IST.
    yea that

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    That sounded quite a bit 5-ish. The part about intruding on the emotional space.

    I find that funny in enneagram, there's some people who have both the influence of 5 and 7. Me included. It's not just you and not just me, I've seen it about others as well.
    7 integrates to 5 so 7s get some traits from 5. Like how 8s get some traits from 2 making them soft.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    7 integrates to 5 so 7s get some traits from 5. Like how 8s get some traits from 2 making them soft.
    Yes but in this case it doesn't sound like the healthy side of 5 so it's not an integration from 7 to 5. And same for the other cases I mentioned.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    -double post bug again-

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yes but in this case it doesn't sound like the healthy side of 5 so it's not an integration from 7 to 5. And same for the other cases I mentioned.
    Don't think it really matters what side it is. I have seen people write you can get influence from the low side or high side of either the disintegration or integration point. Even when you integrate I have read you get influence from your disintegration point. I just see it as you get influence from 2 other types and I don't get picky about it. I'm definitely not an actual 5 if that's what you're thinking. I have talked to actual ISTP 5s and they look neutered compared to me.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Don't think it really matters what side it is. I have seen people write you can get influence from the low side or high side of either the disintegration or integration point. Even when you integrate I have read you get influence from your disintegration point. I just see it as you get influence from 2 other types and I don't get picky about it. I'm definitely not an actual 5 if that's what you're thinking. I have talked to actual ISTP 5s and they look neutered compared to me.
    Yeah I saw that too. Maybe.

    Lol @ 5's looking neutered beside you, you do have more hm, intensity than the typical 5 it seems.

    But you're really the grumpiest ever 7 I've seen

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    So I saw this ESTP on another site say that he couldn't be in a relationship for more than 3 months cause he would get bored. He only desired being in a relationship when he was single but as soon as he was with someone for a bit he would feel trapped. He didn't think he would ever settle down. I feel the exact same way I feel like I'm caught in an endless cycle.

    Even if I found the most perfect girl in the world a part of me would probably always feel trapped. The feeling of someone hanging on my emotions all the time is just way too annoying. I prefer people to be autonomous of me. 7s who can relate how do you deal with this?


    Here is a disclaimer because of the shit storm in my last thread:
    If you try and give me lame advice like love everyone like you love yourself I am going to laugh in your face. I am only paying attention to advice from 7s and 8s since they will be able to relate.
    That's when you find a girl whose interest is very, very hard to attain.

    They're out there. And they're more than likely single.

  8. #18
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    That sounded quite a bit 5-ish. The part about intruding on the emotional space.

    I find that funny in enneagram, there's some people who have both the influence of 5 and 7. Me included. It's not just you and not just me, I've seen it about others as well.
    Definitely. I very much believed I was a 5. A hyperactive/feeling one but still a 5. Even now, I still score really high on 5. I'm hoping to achieve a healthy vs unhealthy connection to it this time around. I just couldn't relate to that "happy go-lucky" or cosmo description of a 7. I didn't perceive myself being optimistic either. More this curious mixture of idealism and realism. They sometimes squeak when I rub them together.

    Definitely got some 2-ish traits going on from 8.

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yeah I saw that too. Maybe.

    Lol @ 5's looking neutered beside you, you do have more hm, intensity than the typical 5 it seems.

    But you're really the grumpiest ever 7 I've seen
    Na I'm not actually that grumpy in real life. I like to mess with people for entertainment purposes and when my sx doesn't like something it REALLY doesn't like it. I almost never take anything seriously life is one big joke to me. In real life if I actually like you all you see is crazy 7. I act like a kid. Online I get to exercise my darker side.

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Na I'm not actually that grumpy in real life. I like to mess with people for entertainment purposes and when my sx doesn't like something it REALLY doesn't like it. I almost never take anything seriously life is one big joke to me. In real life if I actually like you all you see is crazy 7. I act like a kid. Online I get to exercise my darker side.
    Interesting. I'm the opposite. Online I'm a puppy and in real life I freak people out. I don't take myself seriously but I take life VERY seriously.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 09:16 PM
  2. Video: Enneagram 4 & 9 in relationships and family systems
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 01:29 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ and distance in relationships
    By laudanum225 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO