User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. #21
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    sex me slow adante
    Sit.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Reactive types in general test others out. I can't say it does much to help any relationship, but it does keep things interesting.

    I have no desire to test people's reactions to me, incidentally. I rather expect them not to like me anyway; if they can't handle me, it's their own problem. If I "test" at all, it's in the form of storming away to see what they'll do in response.
    Would you like people to run after you?

    Hm what I do is just pour my temper over them when in a conflict telling them what to do/not to do, lots of swear words, shouting, throwing shit, blahblah. I will also do something similar when frustrated by something else, except I don't direct an attack to the person, just simply express myself uninhibited about the frustration. I don't really do "storming away".

    They pass if they don't get deeply offended & still continue to accept me the way I am.

    Why do you see it as their problem if they can't handle you?


    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Clearly...
    It was pretty clear to me he was just being enthusiastic ;p

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    baha are you a 4?

    actually I find myself doing something similar but for different reasons. Usually its to see if they will chase after me, and in doing so get off their butt and start taking action in their life, thus testing to see if they can actually support themself.
    I'm pretty sure I defy enneagram logic, actually, but it would be accurate to locate my heart center at 4 and my gut center at 8. I'm one of the two, but a piss poor example of either.

    Cool way to utilize the Running Away schtick, btw.

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Would you like people to run after you?
    I'm not exactly sure what they're supposed to do, actually. Sometimes they're supposed to follow me and apologize for offending my Majesty, sometimes they're supposed to fuck off.

    Hm what I do is just pour my temper over them when in a conflict telling them what to do/not to do, lots of swear words, shouting, throwing shit, blahblah. I will also do something similar when frustrated by something else, except I don't direct an attack to the person, just simply express myself uninhibited about the frustration. I don't really do "storming away".
    Oh I can do the raging asshole thing, complete with me foaming and throwing things at others' heads. It was just never effective in my household or with my peers. I learned the "storm away" thing instead, pathetic and weak though it is. And it's actually a bad strategy, because it seldom affects others as I probably have intended. Dunno why I keep doing it.

    Why do you see it as their problem if they can't handle you?
    Honestly, because I've become too lazy and too unable to connect with others to care. Everyone's just sort of expendable background static. Sad but true.

  4. #24
    Member the resident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    74

    Default

    This brings to mind Marilyn's, "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7



    3w2 6w7 8w7

    "Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

    "The 368 is very dynamic. This is the toughest fighter on the Enneagram."

    The Justice Fighter

    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I'm pretty sure I defy enneagram logic, actually, but it would be accurate to locate my heart center at 4 and my gut center at 8. I'm one of the two, but a piss poor example of either.
    haha I feel for you, I defy the logic too


    Oh I can do the raging asshole thing, complete with me foaming and throwing things at others' heads. It was just never effective in my household or with my peers. I learned the "storm away" thing instead, pathetic and weak though it is. And it's actually a bad strategy, because it seldom affects others as I probably have intended. Dunno why I keep doing it.
    Yeah well I don't do it because it's supposed to be "effective". I just do :/


    Everyone's just sort of expendable background static. Sad but true.
    Lol a good way to put it ......

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    so throughout my life I perform what I call "THE RAPE TEST." This is where I very colorfully paint a picture in another person's mind with sensual images.

    if they can't handle it I move on because they won't be able to handle me at my worst. if they can, I proceed.

    any other 8's do something similar?

    does it help anything in your relationships or does it seem to just cause more problems?
    How do you determine whether they can or can't handle it?

  7. #27
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    It was pretty clear to me he was just being enthusiastic ;p
    Hush, you're ruining my sexing.

  8. #28
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I'm pretty sure I defy enneagram logic, actually, but it would be accurate to locate my heart center at 4 and my gut center at 8. I'm one of the two, but a piss poor example of either.

    Cool way to utilize the Running Away schtick, btw.


    I'm not exactly sure what they're supposed to do, actually. Sometimes they're supposed to follow me and apologize for offending my Majesty, sometimes they're supposed to fuck off.


    Oh I can do the raging asshole thing, complete with me foaming and throwing things at others' heads. It was just never effective in my household or with my peers. I learned the "storm away" thing instead, pathetic and weak though it is. And it's actually a bad strategy, because it seldom affects others as I probably have intended. Dunno why I keep doing it.


    Honestly, because I've become too lazy and too unable to connect with others to care. Everyone's just sort of expendable background static. Sad but true.

    I don't want to take away from Azure Flame's thread... but I must tell you how well I relate to this post.
    When you say 'unable to connect' what do you mean though? I'm quite certain I could *make* a connection... I just do not possess the desire...having been so profoundly disappointed by people's ignorance and the lies they tell (I'm not so bothered by the lies they tell me as the truth in those instances is easy enough to see...it's the lies they tell themselves that I no longer wish to deal with.)

    What's a si-inf? Si is not my friend...but Ni is. I'm ENFP though...and I always thought you were as well...?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I don't want to take away from Azure Flame's thread... but I must tell you how well I relate to this post.
    When you say 'unable to connect' what do you mean though? I'm quite certain I could *make* a connection... I just do not possess the desire...having been so profoundly disappointed by people's ignorance and the lies they tell (I'm not so bothered by the lies they tell me as the truth in those instances is easy enough to see...it's the lies they tell themselves that I no longer wish to deal with.)

    What's a si-inf? Si is not my friend...but Ni is. I'm ENFP though...and I always thought you were as well...?
    "Unable to connect" is pretty much what you say it is...there are "other people" somewhere in the background, they probably suck, my own needs and inner sense of peace are more important than they are, and...what were we talking about, anyway? "Other people"? Blech. No desire to acknowledge their presence, much less reach out to them. I move through a world populated by stage props and extras, useless things to be pushed out of my way or used minimally to entertain an audience.

    I'm an ENTP now. It became painfully obvious. Nah, Si is not my friend, but I find that the label "Si-inferior" highly representative of all the screwed up stuff I've ever done in life. It's actually far more accurate than labeling me an "extravert", which I am really not. Hence my surprise at discovering I was Ne-dom!

Similar Threads

  1. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  2. enneagram mbti and thoughts on compatability
    By briochick in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:12 PM
  3. Type and testing?
    By garbage in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 11:42 AM
  4. What's your ENNEAGRAM Type and Variant?
    By sakuraba in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
  5. EQSQ Theory and test
    By Sahara in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO