• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Type Sixes and Angry Defensiveness Over Loved Ones

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear Type Sixes,

Why do you fly into a blind rage whenever you believe your friends and relatives have been treated unfairly, even when you know perfectly well they deserve it?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type Sixes are normally a rather genteel personality type, somewhat like 9s. But unlike 9s, they are also volatile, meaning, they can fly off the handle at the slightest thing. And one of those things involves, as you know, loyalty issues. It can be loyalty to a cause, to a person, to a group, or to a "blood is thicker than water" mentality. And it's really the mentality that rules us, to which we are obedient, not to the cause, person, or group (or for the Type 5, to objectivity and logic, to not being disturbed and not wanting to disturb).

The type 5, as a type, prefers to "float" through life, never committing to creating a single footstep on the Earth itself. But the type 6, the core of the intellectual triad, has no problem with it. Loyalty is an anti-intellectual trait, and as anti-intellectual it influences a more earthy trait: the mind of the 6 is readily hijacked by powerful emotions, and where there is no desire to control them in the form of behavior, chaos results.

But where there is a desire to control them, emotional states burst out at random intervals only to be quickly brought under control again. Attempting to control these emotions brings a relative calm, but it doesn't last for long - two weeks at the most, in my experience - upon which time it is released either toward objects or people, whoever or whatever happens to be a convenient enough target.

The above refers to average to unhealthy Sixes. I'm obviously not speaking for those who are living in a state of grace and are thus internally balanced.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No answers from the Sixes.

I did see one answer that was withdrawn. It had to do with core Sixes who have an Eight fix. All I can say is that this adds an element of real interpersonal peril. This is probably a sociopathic 6. In that case, determining whether a person is a core 6 or 8 is very difficult, especially toward the lower ends of mental health. This type will also more easily deal with the internal uncertainty characteristic of Sixes. In a way, it doesn't matter whether the core type is 6 or 8. If you're on his or her bad side, it would be best, for most of us, to simply run.

S

Stansmith

Type Sixes are normally a rather genteel personality type, somewhat like 9s. But unlike 9s, they are also volatile, meaning, they can fly off the handle at the slightest thing. And one of those things involves, as you know, loyalty issues. It can be loyalty to a cause, to a person, to a group, or to a "blood is thicker than water" mentality. And it's really the mentality that rules us, to which we are obedient, not to the cause, person, or group (or for the Type 5, to objectivity and logic, to not being disturbed and not wanting to disturb).

The type 5, as a type, prefers to "float" through life, never committing to creating a single footstep on the Earth itself. But the type 6, the core of the intellectual triad, has no problem with it. Loyalty is an anti-intellectual trait, and as anti-intellectual it influences a more earthy trait: the mind of the 6 is readily hijacked by powerful emotions, and where there is no desire to control them in the form of behavior, chaos results.

But where there is a desire to control them, emotional states burst out at random intervals only to be quickly brought under control again. Attempting to control these emotions brings a relative calm, but it doesn't last for long - two weeks at the most, in my experience - upon which time it is released either toward objects or people, whoever or whatever happens to be a convenient enough target.

The above refers to average to unhealthy Sixes. I'm obviously not speaking for those who are living in a state of grace and are thus internally balanced.

Ehh, I don't. I usually just withdraw and keep my mixed-feelings to myself..it's not typical for me to place the blame on others.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehh, I don't. I usually just withdraw and keep my mixed-feelings to myself..it's not typical for me to place the blame on others.

"Usually" is the key term there. I've also know the type of 6 who usually keeps the inner turmoil out of public view.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I don't know. The only person I feel that I have defended is my new shiny type 2 friend. I don't go on a rampage or anything. I'll say something like "stop saying that... you're making her feel bad."

On the other hand, my cp6 roommate... she isn't hysterical or anything, but it's all in the eyes. She will defend anyone; she'll even defend someone she hates =P She doesn't have to say anything much since it's all in her body language and subtle word choice. And ...actually, it's not defending. She'll just come to me and talk shit about how shitty everyone is.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. The only person I feel that I have defended is my new shiny type 2 friend. I don't go on a rampage or anything. I'll say something like "stop saying that... you're making her feel bad."

On the other hand, my cp6 roommate... she isn't hysterical or anything, but it's all in the eyes. She will defend anyone; she'll even defend someone she hates =P She doesn't have to say anything much since it's all in her body language and subtle word choice. And ...actually, it's not defending. She'll just come to me and talk shit about how shitty everyone is.

What do you mean by "talk shit"?

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
What do you mean by "talk shit"?

Well, it's not talking shit. She just says things like "You must be a complete buffoon if you think I am going to sit here and listen to you be an asshole," or "I bet you don't have the balls to say that to my (or the other person's) face" ...or "you're a complete loser because I am sure no girl will ever want to fuck you because you're so full of yourself" ...something along those lines. ...This is all in response to this one kid who made fun of her former roommate (...she hates both her former roommate and this dude who is a jerk to her roommate). ...For funsies, she'll make fun of the person for something completely random, like if she hears the person play piano she'll say something like "....oh, you think you can play that song well, but you really can't. Why can't you face the fact that you're a shitty person AND you can't play piano well." Or if the person's voice to really loud, she'll use that against him and say something like "You feel very insecure so that's why you think you have to yell... BEAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOU!!!"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's not talking shit. She just says things like "You must be a complete buffoon if you think I am going to sit here and listen to you be an asshole," or "I bet you don't have the balls to say that to my (or the other person's) face" ...or "you're a complete loser because I am sure no girl will ever want to fuck you because you're so full of yourself" ...something along those lines. ...This is all in response to this one kid who made fun of her former roommate (...she hates both her former roommate and this dude who is a jerk to her roommate). ...For funsies, she'll make fun of the person for something completely random, like if she hears the person play piano she'll say something like "....oh, you think you can play that song well, but you really can't. Why can't you face the fact that you're a shitty person AND you can't play piano well." Or if the person's voice to really loud, she'll use that against him and say something like "You feel very insecure so that's why you think you have to yell... BEAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOU!!!"

I feel your pain. :laugh: