• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] ISFP 3s

S

Stansmith

How common are they? Do you think some of them could be mistyped 9s, or 4s even? Here are a few examples I can think of....

Andy Warhol (3w4)

Dwyane Wade (3w2?)

David Bowie (3w4 Sx/So)

Last edited:

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think David Bowie is 3w4 sx/so like Stansmith said, however I've heard about Yves Saint Laurent actually being 4w3 sp/so. Something I find more likely. But 3w4 is still likely I just feel sp/so is the likeliest.

Tomb1

nah...differences between bowie and sx/so 3w4s like madonna are too significant. Bowie is about as clear 4w3 sp/sx as you can get...definitely not seeing any sx/so sparkle...see him here with some other sp/sx 4w3 musicians:

David Bowie

David-Bowie-007.jpg

Jimmie Hendrix

jimi3.jpg

Jaco Pastorius

p00514mdhag.jpg

Jim Morrison

jimmorrison_article_story_main.jpg

Those four people are all the same enneagram type...note the fragile and melancholic physical agency of sp/sx 4w3...the instinctive message is "there's something wrong with me"...if you're approaching it from a deductive standpoint, it's clear to see they aren't all nines...they aren't all sevens...they aren't all threes...4w3 makes the most sense whichever way you approach typing. I encourage you to read up on each of them, and it can't hurt to take another look at 4w3. As close in physical agency that they are, in personality they are too....the bottom line is difference between all four are trivial enough to account for with Temp State. That still satisfies 'tightness'. Typing bowie 3w4 sx/so just leaves you with a gigantic incoherence spike no matter how ya cut it. In fact, that layout is ordered by temp state from lower temps to higher temps...the lower in temp state you get the more nineish they act...assertive as you go higher.

G

garbage

Plausible for sp-firsts, who may take into account societal measures of worth but don't loudly seek external validation.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I honestly think you have mistyped Andy Warhol. Warhol was Si/Fe, and it shows in his love of slightly altered repetition of images, there is nothing really Se about his art. A lot of people I know don't like or get Warhol because Andy Warhol was an empire, not an artist in the sense of being able to really get what his point was by viewing a single isolated print. Like Edie says in Factory Girl, it's the idea and the man behind the idea. Damaged or unhealthy Fe was a crucial part of Warhol and his entire way of life, his endless social climbing via knowing "the right people." Edie for example he chose not only because of beauty and personality, but because she was a Sedgwick...he had the power to make or break people socially, almost like an ESFJ popular girl at school, and an entire SCENE died with him in the 80s when he died. Not an Fi dom, sorry.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, Warhol was no ISFP.

I'd say Picasso is a good example. Not sure about his enneatype though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^^

I think superficially Warhol could seem to fulfill an ISFP artist archetype, but he was more of a critic and a business man than anything, he had an eye for a particular aesthetic and he found comfort in the sameness of mass distribution and corporate products...his social fixation with people borders on cult leader or wayward youth pastor more than say someone who simply wanted to capture the beauty of other humans. It was too much to even be explained by being a social 3, as his social power eventually became enormous an almost Fe dom like as he aged, he was like the church lady from hell. I think a lot of people don't know how to spot an ISFJ as a genius. Andy Warhol was likely an ISFJ genius.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't believe any type is impossible, but an I_FJ 3 is a lot more likely than an I_FP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't believe any type is impossible, but an I_FJ 3 is a lot more likely than an I_FP.

Yeah I agree I think it also can be more prominent in Se doms (I also think Jim Morrison was an Se dom not an ISFP but I didn't find it worth quibbling over like Warhol, who I have been thinking is Si/Fe for years, and I think about Andy Warhol a lot)...I think it almost necessitates a strong emphasis on Se or Fe regardless of its the dom or aux function.

I think IxFP are more likely to be 4w3 ...I am attracted to 3s sometimes, I have been close to two ESFJ 3s. Oh yes I was, though that's probably a collective nightmare of many on this forum, it just reinforced to me that I am not likely to be N dom lol.